November 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Trublend Minerals Blush in Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I'm usually not a fan of Cover Girl products, but I like this blush! it's a very "no brainer" blush for me, PPP that I am, and it does show up as a soft blendable peach with golden shimmer. I love it. It's like NARS Orgasm, but only 25% of the impact so it's very natural looking. I bought this on sale, and it's a huge amount so I know I'll never run out. Great value.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by cvalencia817

This is the 1st product I've encountered that broke me out immediately after use. Not buying EVER again! And I don't even know what to do with the rest of it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kitten916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do NOT like this product, as others have said it is way to light and doesn't show up on my skin. I looks beautiful in the package. I haven't found a use for it yet but I'll keep it and keep experimenting with it. Oh, and as others have mentioned; it is a mess to work with. I would not buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I have this in is the pink version, Pure Romance....got it for $1.89 where it is on sale right now at Walgreens. Glad I didn't spend full price, because it is not what I thought it would be.

Other reviews I have read compare it to BE's Clear Radiance. Not so. Clear Radiance gives your skin just a kiss of soft sheen - this product is nothing but glitter. Silver glitter and some kind of reddish purple glitter mixed in too. I have no idea what the staying power is because I immediately washed it off when I saw all the sparkle.

Would be perfect for Halloween, or to put on the decollete area and shoulders when you are going disco dancing, (which I would not be caught dead doing) So, another one to give to my little niece for her play makeup kit. Save your $1.89 for a pack of gum or something you can use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im reviewing the microminerals covergirl blush in shimmering sands, and i'm only writing it here because I can't find it anywhere else. Its the one in the tall bottle with a brush at the top. k, now to the review
this blush is amazing! My skin is like porcelain, and this doesn't have a high pigmentation like other blushes have done. The pink color is veryvery subtle, but it gives a beautiful glow and actually toned down the slight redness i had on my cheeks. Weird that a blush would do that, but it did! The only thing I dont like is the packaging. Its horrible.
1. The brush is stupid and scratchy, so I decide to use my ecotools brush, but then..... 2. my brush doesn't even FIT! The container is so thin that any proper fluffy brush wont fit and I get lots of blush concentrated in one tiny spot. And then I try to tap some off and it gets everywhere. And 3. Once the blush comes through the sifter holes, it wont go back in, so if you tap too much up to the surface, it gets stuck there. (that probably makes no sense.....) and 4. The brush fits coming out, but it wont go back in without having half of the hairs being trapped outside. And the price was about 12 dollars, so its not that cheap, but I am willing to take all of this because the blush is so awesome. its that good. definite re-buy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Mannie1125

First off, I hated this product as a blush. It does not have enough pigment to even show up if used for what it is.

I do love the product however, as an all over face highlighter. With a light hand all over the face it gives a perfect soft-focus effect and really brightens you up. It doesn't look too shimmery if you use just a little.

It also makes a great eyeshadow if you're in a pinch, I apply it wet so it is more pigmented.

I don't understand why so many people have trouble with the container being messy. I haven't had any problems, spills, or messes when applying it daily. Just tap a smidge into the lid and use a powder brush. I keep the puff only to keep the powder from coming out when I'm on the go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a waste if you are medium skin-toned or darker. I'm an NW30 and this did not show up on me at all! The color in the jar is beautiful. If only it was pigmented and applied that way. The packaging is terrible as well. I will be giving this away to one of my students who might find it of better use to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

I bought this to use as a blush and it looks like a gorgeous color in the jar. Well, first of all this has basically no pigmentation. It's PURE shimmer with gold/silver reflexes in it. It does not show up on my skin at all. (Medium Dark - NC35) This is also a HUGE mess to have, the powder goes everywhere. Would not recommend to anyone and would never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this soooo much!!! It gives me the most natural, peachy awesome glow. The packaging is okay, I like the powder puff. Unfortunately it's super messy and a lot gets wasted whilst you are trying to get the product onto the powder puff. Good price though, around seven dollars at Target. I actually got it for free with my Covergirl coupon. Overall awesome :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mkarina826

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was in colorguard and we have o wear eye blowing make-up. I had recently bought this, and then we were given it again for colorguard. This is good for giving you a sunkissed look and I don't mean sunburnt xD. I reccomend this product if your skin tone is dark enough for it. I'm just very white. It stays all too well.