April 24, 2014 | 986 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with high expectations, because of the reputation and other reviews.
Unfortunately, this product didn't do much for my skin, no brightening effect, and definitely over moisturized it. In fact I feel like my skin started breaking out.
I just feel like the price of this product does not reflect in the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is used at night time for repairing your skin. I have the daytime moisturizer in the white lucent line as well. I love this moisturizer, it glides on and sinks in well leaving my skin soft and feeling great. My skin is sensitive and it has never irritated it. I hope that it is working with the other products I am using in this line to lighten dark spots and help the texture of my skin. I feel that it is. My skin is sensitive, normal to dry, not problematic and pale with some freckles and broken capillaries on the cheeks. I'm using this line to even out the color and lighten the appearance of the capillaries.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very heavy and probably most folks could only use at night, unless you had extremely dry skin. It was a bit too much for me. I also didn't notice any brightening, and for the cost, it just wasn't effective. Tub container is not good either for keeping ingredients active or for hygiene.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything breaks me out but this, and I have sensitive, eczema-prone skin. Four days in, and my skin was smooth and glowing. Now I have been using it for more than two months and couldn't be better pleased. Minimal breakouts, no dry skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a product that gives me great results the next morning, but I find it a bit too thick for comfort. If you don't mind things that sit heavily on your skin, this is great, please buy. I don't, however, so unfortch will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by reiniedays

Note: The product I am reviewing is called Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Cream W.

During the winter, my skin gets extremely dry so I was looking for a good night cream. I got lucky when I bought this one from Shiseido. At first my expectations for the product weren't high but over the course of one year, I have to say that this is now a staple in my skin care regimen. I have acne-prone combination oily/dry skin and I feel like at night, this cream really does work wonders. I don't get enough sleep during weeknights and recently I ran out of this cream and decided to try something a little cheaper. Not even one week later I find myself desperately going back to this cream. I paid $51 for this at my local department store today and I can honestly say that I will gladly pay that amount to have healthier looking skin on my face.

The only bad thing I have to say about this product is the packaging. I hate the screw top tub style because I feel like it is anti-hygienic. The product does come with a tiny pink spatula but I feel like it's too small and rather annoying to use. It would be really nice if this cream came in some kind of easy-to-use pump...just something that doesn't introduce bacteria to the fresh product inside the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by CodyP5279

I really love this product. I recently started using several of the products from this line, andy skin looks and feels amazing. My skin is literally glowing, and I didn't know it cod ever feel so soft to the touch. This is a rather thick moisturizer, and it takes a while to fully absorb but it really lasts all day long. I have normal to slightly dry skin, and it leaves my skin very shiny. So I probably would not recommend this product to someone with oily skin, unless you used like a matefying powder or something on top. I'm. It crazy about the packaging just because it's heavy weight wise (which I do like) but it's also like this perfectly smooth ball, so when you try to pick it up with the creme on your hands or some on the outside of the jar it becomes very easy to drop. But overall, I just love how luminous and amazingly soft that this makes my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i like how this thing really runny because in the morning i dont get oily, or greasy face which is good. although the sample has the most annoying packaging ever. i have to push it down like those heinz ketchup sauce to get it out :S but yes its very light and fast absorbing but not whitening, but it does brightens my face :) as for the normal price, not too sure. maybe it worth more than the day cream for me. if i have no other choice on night creams, i may buy this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really gross. I hated it. I spent quite a bit of money on all the products from this line with big hopes of fading my acne marks and taking care of my skin in general.
I used the lighter lotion with sun protection during the day and this cream at night.
This cream is thick and oily but the worst thing is that it doesn't absorb. It just sit's there on top of your face making you look all shiny and greasy.
I can say so many bad things about this product but I'm not going to right a long story, I just want to warn people not to buy this and invest their money on other skin products that deliver on their claims.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Faithgab

The worst moisturizer I have ever use. Its thick and rich but it is not moisturizing, its just oily and sticky specially if you put it after you applied the white lucent brightening serum which is another fail product of Shiseido.

Its just sad that White lucent products are very expensive and I really feel bad that I spent my hard earned money for something that did nothing but make my face oily.