November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Defense SPF 85

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

I love this stuff. I have a hard time finding sunscreens that don't irritate my very sensitive skin. I was leery of this one because I am easily irritated by chemical sunscreens, especially avobenzone, but amazingly I am ok with this one for my body. Definitely not for my face, but great for my body.
Applies easily. Not drying. Not sticky. Smells like sunscreen but doesn't reek. I wouldn't use this for everyday but it's my go-to for outdoorsy days. Two thumbs up. I've used an entire can and I never use all of anything. Lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I sprayed my body, neck, arms, etc, in preparation for a day of watching tennis. At some point in the day, I must have got some on a finger and touched my eye. My eye was irritated to the point of not being able to see for the entire day. I rinsed my eye out 3x with water and ended up seeing the medic at the First Aid room. He treated my eye with a saline solution three times. Still, the pain came back. It wasn't until I got home in the evening and sat in a dark room that the pain went away and I was able to see out of both eyes.

There is no reason why any product that would do this much damage to a human's eye should be present in a sunscreen that goes on your body and could potentially get in your eye.

I state this as a painful lesson learned and a cautionary tale. I will never buy Banana Boat again unless nothing else is available. Should this particular product be the only sunscreen available, I will stay inside.