Mary Kay Steely

on 6/10/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great color for my green eyes that sometimes look blue. This is a blue-toned gray as others have mentioned. It's a drier more firm texture than say UD 24/7 liners. I like them both for different purposes. I find that this Mary Kay liner is easier to apply tightly to my lash line and doesn't smudge once it sets. I like it for more casual days when I want a subtle pop for my eyes.

on 6/6/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this yesterday, and already I love it! When you're applying it, it feels just like a pencil eyeliner's texture, but it's a roll up tube, so you don't need to sharpen it like a pencil. There's a shaper in the lid of the pencil which is AWESOME. All you have to do is poke the tip into the shaper, and you have the perfect point for applying your liner without messy shavings like you would get with a pencil.

And the color is absolutely gorgeous! I was totally just expecting a grayish color but when you apply it it's actually grey with a hint of darker blue. It's perfect for me because black eyeliner is too intense for my fairish skin, but this steely is the perfect darker shade that is like a black eyeliner. Steely is a happy medium between subtle and dramatic, which I love.

And it lasts for so long once you apply it. I put this on at 6:30 am; it's now about 5:30 and it has barely moved at all. That's almost twelve hours!

Overall, this is a great everyday liner. I would highly recommend it.

on 2/15/2010 8:51:00 AM

Mary Kay Signature Eye Liner in Steely is a great eye liner. It is easy to apply, and has a twist up applicator so sharpening is not necessary. The color is subtle, yet still noticeable. The thing I like most about this eyeliner is that it does not leave a crease mark on my upper eyelids after wearing for a while. Prior to using this eyeliner I had to continually check for and rub off crease marks that would appear after a few hours of wear. I have never had to do this with my Mary Kay eyeliner.

on 9/19/2009 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

love this color. its the perfect shade of charcoal grey. actually the only mary kay product i've been happy with. and it lasts all day!

on 9/6/2009 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Best eyeliner ever, usurping the MAC eye kohl for me.

I got this for free from a suite mate who sells Mary Kay, and I'm going to repurchase when I run out. Steely is an amazing color and the liner itself has an excellent staying power that I've never experienced. Granted, I've not tried everything on the market because I simply can't afford to, but Steely is quickly convincing me that I don't need to!

I don't really like Mary Kay very much as a line- I think the company scheme takes advantage of its sales people, and I don't much like the image it tries to convey- but this is certainly one product I will buy again.

Also, the slightly shimmery dark grey looks awesome on green eyes. My go-to routine: MAC Naked Lunch, Steely, and a swipe of black mascara.

on 8/1/2009 8:54:00 AM

This is what got me hooked on Mary Kay. I could never find an eyeliner that would stay on all day and this was the first one to do it. The color is amazing as well.

on 6/11/2009 12:01:00 AM

This is the first MK e/l that I have ever tried..I can say that I was surprised how great this e/l is. I love the color of steely...grey/black that last FOREVER.

on 3/16/2009 10:32:00 PM

This is the best eyeliner color I've found so far. It goes on easily/smoothly, blends well if you want, and stays on all day. It's a cooler gray color that works well with my gray blue eyes & fair skin. I so wanted to like Merle Norman Galaxy (so pretty purplish blackish gray) but it make my eyes look red and was to harsh for my coloring. Clinique's Black Diamond was promising, but still to harsh. This works very well so far. I'll still try others, but for the price & quality, this is great. I'll buy a back up for sure.