October 21, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Pure Blends Eyeshadow -STONE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have a review on the shade Cinnamon but I have to say I really love Stone alot! im a taupe girl and any taupe like eyeshadow is a lust for me so when i saw these shadows on clearance, i snagged em up! Now these are a bit overpriced in my opinion but they are really good but maybe not for as much Almay charges.
PRICE/AVAILIBILITY- Pure Blend Eyeshadow singles will cost you around $6-8 depending on location/sale. i found these at my local discount store so im not sure if they are being d/c'd? Im on the fence about the price, meaning, i think $5 is the most id pay for this shadow. You can find these in any drugstore/Walmart/Target in your area that carries Almay (check discount stores in your area for these)
SHADE/FORMULA- Stone is a greyish taupe w/ a slight light purple undertone. its a great neutral shadow that can be sheer for daytime or great addition to a night time smoky eye. it will work with all skin tones. it may pull slightly more cool on cooler tones. i really do love this shadow & reach for it alot, it looks great all over the lid alone with a winged liner look or also w/ a darker shadow in the outer v- its just a great taupe/gray. The formula & pigmentation is actually really great. The top layer which for some reason companies spray this top coat of junk so make sure to get past that & it becomes butter smooth. Applies well & blends well. Suggest a primer & a cream base to help w/ longevity & pigmentation. alone these will stay put for around 5 hrs which is pretty good & with primer, base they stay put all day for me with a slight fading. i didnt have any creasing with this shadow. The pigmentation is really great esp considering how soft they are. little to no fall out, pressed well, go on the eye great and stay there! Also theyre natural shadows with great ingredients that arent harmful to your skin. Natural can only be good!
PACKAGING- I really do love the packaging on these single shadows. they come in a square hard cardboard/plastic like packaging compact. The front has a plastic see thru sleeve window allowing to see the shadow color inside. what i like most is that magnetic closure lid. it feels so cool so close & open. all the shadows i own from Pure Blends all magnetically stick together but theyre easy to get apart. i love this packaging. sleek and pretty. the writing/labeling info even looks pretty to me. the shade name is on the back. also you get a decent size pan or shadow. about the size of a quarter or slightly bigger. so you get alot of shadow that will last forever. i havent even barely made a dent in any of mine.
overall- i really love this shadow. Stone is a great go to, no fuss lid color but also can be built up with some smoky shadows for a great smoky look. Its an all around color thats def a staple! def a great value while on sale or clearance so if you can give them a try, def suggest doing so!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pure blends shadows are very smooth and velvety, but it shouldn't come as a surprise that as a natural product it doesn't contain much pigmentation.

This turns up more as a silver than a grey. But for all the other benefits of this shadow, that's not a bad payoff I suppose.

But these seem way overpriced for a drugstore product. All the pure blends shadows I've gotten I bough on clearance, in a pack of doubles. I wouldn't pay full price for these.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kdsdfashion

This is actually a really nice eyeshadow. I was in a pinch and needed a taupe color...I'm really glad I picked this up. I guess some of the other shades are disappointments, but I loved this. Like a lot of eyeshadows, you kind of have to break up the smooth top layer to get to more pigmented shadow. Not that this is super-pigmented, but I like the shimmery wash of cool brown-gray that I get from this. Also, with a primer and light shadow underneath, I can layer this into my crease for a nice daytime look.

I liked this enough that I got another (Oatmeal) when I saw it on sale. I like that shadow as well, although it is a warm pale gold and not at all oatmeal-ish, lol. Both of the shades I have are nice and silky, and pretty (if not super-strong) colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by NikkilovesNARS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product because it was 50% off and I love trying new things. I also got it in Apricot. My complaint is the same for both of them. They are too light when applied and they cake up in the crease of the eye after about an hour. I even tried it with my UDPP and it still caked. I would not recommend, even if you find it on clearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lanide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today, it was originally 7.99 or something like that, but it was 50% off at CVS. This is a taupe gray color and I think it is very pretty. On its own, even when swatching it with my finger, it is not very pigmented, but color is noticeable, it is not sheer. To make it stand out I used UDPP, then the dark gray color in the Revlon creme shadows in twilight, and then put this on top of the creme shadow. You can build up this color, by packing it on or putting a darker base on before it, but really it doesn't take much. It is a very pretty, classic color for everyday. It is smooth going on, not chalky, and I didn't have any fall out.
I really do like this color a lot, I would buy it again, and I want to try the other colors, I know they aren't going to be very pigmented, but I'm not looking for crazy bright colors, just something for everyday to wear to school and work. If you know they aren't super pigmented, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I also really like the packaging. It is thin, square, and I love the magnetic closure. They also give you a lot of product.

Now I would not buy this full price, $8 is a little steep for the quality of the single shadows, but for BOGOs or 50% offs I would definitely pick up more of these to try out, I am not disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this one get the right amount pigmentation. It is a nice cool toned all over the lids color. Great for the light makeup during day time/working enviroment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is Almay's answer to the whole "Organic and green" craze of late in MU products. NOT that there is anything wrong with it. It just seems that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. But in spite of that I saw these on a special @ Target @ 2 for $5.99, so seeing that they were technically $3 apiece, I figured I'd give them a shot. First of all, these are packaged in a slick coated paper packaging with a magnetic "snap" closure. There is no applicator provided so you had better own some brushes (and who on MUA doesn't) or have some applicators on hand @ home. I can see that some MUAers are complaining on reviews for some of the other colors that these have little or no pigmentation. I beg to differ, the colors I picked up Stone and Apricot had SOFT pigmentation. Do not expect a big color payoff on these. However, I would not accuse Almay of false advertising, these are being put out as "natural" looking products. I always am on the hunt for a soft grey shadow and Stone is exactly this. I paired this my UD 24/7 Underground liner and it created just a very soft, pretty eye look, great for work and not over the top and flattering to my blue eyes. I used UDPP underneath and had no problem with wear or creasing. Below list some of the ingredients in these products. The shadows are billed as 98.2% pure.

All ALMAY pure blends™ formulas include a blend of antioxidant fruit and flower extracts that provide skin benefits:

Lotus Extract – an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from the free-radical damage caused by sunlight and pollution.

Acai Extract – an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from the free-radical damage caused by sunlight and pollution.

Orchid – an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from the free-radical damage caused by sunlight and pollution.

Citrus Juno (Yuzu - Japanese Orange) Peel Extract – Contains a high level of Vitamin C and has antioxidant benefits.

Papaya Extract – Helps make the skin feel smooth and soft, and is an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from the free-radical damage caused by sunlight and pollution.

Viola Tricolor Extract – Moisturizes and hydrates skin. Also an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from the free-radical damage caused by sunlight and pollution.

All ALMAY pure blends™ formulas are:
free of added parabens free of talc hypoallergenic dermatologist tested / ophthalmologist tested

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No