January 30, 2015 | 1110 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Replenishing Rich Moisturiser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2015 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product for $5 at Walmart. I normally use Olay active hydrating beauty fluid lotion.

I used this lotion once a day for 3 days. I used Simple Moisturizing facial wash in the shower and applied about two pea-sized drops of the lotion imediately after my shower. It has a lot of liquid, which is opposite of the thick gluey face wash. It smells like cardboard and burns a little after application. The lotion does not flake off. It seems to sting, stiffen, and evaporate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 1:41:00 AM More reviews by smugflog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because it was on sale, and I had just ran out of my usual moisturizer. I've been using this for about a month or two now. My first impression of the product was that it smelt like goat cheese. I know it's unscented, so a weird smell is kinda expected, but still. It was a little bit nasty at first, but I actually got used to the smell after a week and now I don't even smell it at all when I apply it.

I actually like it a lot! I don't need a lot to moisturize my whole face. A little bit goes a long way. I have combination skin that leans a bit more to the oily side, and this does a good job of moisturizing my face as well as not making me extremely greasy. I'm also prone to comedogenic breakouts, and this hasn't ever made me break out, so it's a keeper.

I use this product in the mornings and in the evenings right after I wash my face and apply toner. If I'm too lazy to apply an eye cream, I'll put it around my eye area as well. It hasn't ever irritated my eyes. While it's called a "rich moisturizer," it feels really light on my face. It's also very easily absorbed. It's a great product to use under makeup.

This product is a great everyday moisturizer! However, I initially bought this as more of a night time product because I thought it would be a lot richer, as it was advertised. So I wouldn't buy this if you were looking for a night cream. However, as a day cream, it's awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 1:23:00 AM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

I'm a high school student with combination/oily skin. This moisturizer not only quenches my dry areas but leaves my whole face feeling soft, supple, and moisturized. I purchased a travel-size of this along with a 7-pack of wipes and mini cleanser and I wasn't disappointed with any of the products. Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturizer is just that-- incredibly rich. It does its job and even controls my oil to an extent. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SpicyOrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Has funky smell. Moisturizes great. — unlike it's ultra-light gel relative (which is an HG), this lotion is not totally scentless. It has a funk to it that I hate smelling when I kiss my husband's cheek who also uses it. Both of our faces respond well to it though. Hubby's face is sensitive to perfumes and chemicals and has no prob with this lotion. I will not repurchase so my husband can stop getting a sour face from me when he puts his face near my nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG!!!
I'v been using this lotion for two years now, twice a day. I use the rich moisturizer because i'm in a province that has snow most of the year. It soaks in quickly, and keeps my normal/oily skin balanced and happy. it doesn't break me out, and makes my skin look glowing and even. Highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ammyy7993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You know those products that you use once and then say "never again"? Well this is one of those for me. I got this in a sample pack from Walmart, so luckily I'm not wasting much product or money.

First, this moisturizer just sat on my skin! Literally, it has been an hour now and I can still feel it. It's like a layer of glue! I do not feel hydrated or like my skin has been replenished. I have combo skin, and even my dry cheeks aren't soaking this up.

The texture is like a gel/lotion combo, which was a bit unexpected. I thought it would be a thicker cream like Ceravae or something. It also has a weird glue smell. It's great there are any fragrances, but it's distracting. The plus side is it didn't sting my skin (like others have mentioned). But really, I do not see any benefits in using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KayleeC

I recently purchased this moisturizer along with the Simple Moisturizing Face Cleanser. I actually wanted the Simple gel moisturizer, but where I was shopping they only had those two Simple products. I was worried about trying this moisturizer at all because my face is generally pretty oily to begin with and I wasn't sure how my skin would react with something that is supposed to be super moisturizing. I bought the product anyway, just because I had already researched the Simple products and read reviews about them. I'm one of those people who reads the reviews of just about every skincare/makeup product I'm interested before I buy it, and I wasn't about to stand around in the skincare isle checking reviews on my phone. So, to my actual review of this product - I found it to be a pretty good moisturizer and it actually isn't anything like I thought it would be. It is moisturizing, but not nearly as moisturizing as I thought it would be based on product description. That being said, it does last all day for me, but maybe that's just because my skin isn't that dry to begin with. It has a watery consistency and a little bit goes a long way, which I appreciate because it will last me that much longer. I know some people have complained about this product stinging their skin and having a weird smell, but I didn't experience either of those issues. My big complaint with this product is that since I have started using it I have seen an incredible increase of blackheads all over my face. I generally always have a few on my nose, but I am now noticing blackheads on my chin and even my cheecks which I have never seen before. Although I do love the fact that this product is moisturizing without over moisturizing and sinks right into my skin upon applying, I am starting to wonder if I need to switch up my products. Blackheads aren't really something I'm willing to deal with no matter how much I like a product. For now I will continue to use this moisturizer until I descover something better, but I don't forsee myself buying this particular Simple product again.

So I wanted to come back and update this, since I suspected it was giving me blackheads and I wanted to switch to something new. I switched to an olay complete moisturizer, a couple of week ago, and I am back to my normal amount of small blackheads on my nose, and the larger blackheads on my cheeks are gone, and the number of blackheads on my chin, and nose, have decreased. With this I would conclude that this moisturizer did in fact cause the extra blackheads. I had honestly wished it was something aside from this moisturizer, because like I stated before I did really like the way this product made my skin feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by erobert714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know there a lot of bad reviews for this but for anything, it really depends how your skin likes something. I have quite sensitive skin and it is extremely difficult for me to find products that work at a decent price. I've tried many drugstore moisturizers, not really any high end besides ones from Clinique. I've tried the other ones from Simple and this is the only one I like and my skin likes.

It doesn't break me out in cystic acne, huge pimples or anything. I will say this kind of makes me a little more oily in the hotter months, which can cause me to get small whiteheads but they are manageable and not noticeable. This only has two comedogenic ingredients according to a site I use called 'acnemantra.' The ingredients are stearic acid, which is comedogenic to them and stearyl alcohol which is mildly comedogenic to them as well. Honestly, I was thinking about switching from this moisturizer and I did.. to Clinique's dramatically different gel and my skin broke out like crazy.

This has really healed my skin back up. I don't know why I stopped using it. I've actually been through maybe 10+ bottles of this. It makes my skin feel soft, nourished, plump and soothes any redness. Like I said, the only downside is that it can be a little too much for my oily skin right now during the hot months. But it's worth it because I haven't found anything better that is fragrance free, moisturizes all parts of my face, including dry patches and doesn't break me out horribly.

I really do recommend trying this.. I put some other moisturizers into acnemantra which will check ingredients to see what is comedogenic and this had the lowest amount of all the ones at the drugstore I wanted to try. You can usually find a printable $2 coupon for their moisturizers as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at the negative reviews. Maybe the formulation we have here in Southern Africa is different from that which is found elsewhere. I have very dry skin. My favourite facial healers are Nivea Creme and EA's 8 hour cream(the unscented version). I have been having difficulty with my skin as of late, especially in regards to my cleanser as my favourite is gone and at the moment nowhere to be found. I have tried 2 other cleansing lotions for dry, sensitive skin only to be left with even drier skin. I got this on special along with the cleanser , and I am impressed. I use a prescription retinol, so I don't need anything claiming ant-aging properties. This was gentle, hydrating and left me with soft skin. A great buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by evidentlystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this stuff because I've come across a lot of good reviews, but it just did not work out for me.
The lotion itself has a smell to it - one review said that it smelled like glue, and I would say that's a pretty accurate description. When I apply to my face it does feel light, but I think it feels too light because my problem areas (nose, chin, and cheeks) still feel dry after application. It also breaks me out into cystic acne within a few days of using only once at night after washing my face before bed. The lotion does not seem to soak into my skin very well and will leave a tacky feeling on my face. The bottle claims "12 Hour Moisture" but I would be very supprised if this were actually the case.
In order to not waste money I've been using this stuff on my hands, which I feel works a bit better for me than use as a face moisturizer because for some reason I don't get the tacky feeling there, they just feel smooth and soft. However, I don't enjoy the funky glue smell on my hands that lingers for about an hour. I still have a little over half a 4.2oz bottle left, so I'll make due until it's gone.