Simple Light Moisturiser

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Avoid this product if your skin is sensitive, no matter what the Simple marketers claim.

My skin immediately started burning on application of this "moisturiser": It turned bright red, and was weeping, peeling and itchy for days after.

Simple moisturizer contains the aggressive allergen 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol; this ingredient is a preservative and listed almost last on the ingredients list, just before mica and titanium dioxide - two inactive chemicals.

Another preservative with similar effects is 2-bromo-2-(bromomethyl)-pentanedinitrile (methyldibromo glutaronitriile).

Manufacturers use 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol to inhibit the growth of bacteria and other micro-organisms in their products.

on 5/13/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is good value for money and it does what it says on the tin. It provides a light moisturisation and doesn't leave that greasy feeling residue. It sinks into the skin and after I cleansed, this helped loosen my tight pores on my dry skin. However, despite this being 'non-comedogenic' this clogged my pores like crazy. If you are not susceptible clogged pores easily though, this is a good moisturiser.

on 2/26/2015 11:15:00 PM

Pros:

- Does not break me out
- Good for sensitive/broken skin (the clean and clear moisturizer burns my face when I have broken skin).
-Not much scent.
- Sinks into skin.

Cons:

- A bit on the pricey side
- The bottle shape... I can't get out the last bit of the moisturizer that is stick on the very bottom or on the side.

In my opinion this moisturiser is extremely mediocre.

I have dry/combination skin and this doesn't sink into my skin at all! It makes my face feel sticky which makes foundation very awkward to put on afterwards. I wasn't expecting much from a cheap skin product but I thought it would at least moisturise my skin, which it doesn't.

I would only recommend to those who have normal skin, with no oily or dry patches. It literally does nothing but sit on top of my skin. Useless.

on 1/2/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have used this moisturiser for a little over a week and so far it has been good. It is definitely a very light formula but enough to hydrate the skin. Although it is very moisturising, it emphasizes my dry patches, making my makeup look slightly cakey.
It has very fine shimmer which adds a very healthy glow to my skin as well as making me look more awake. The smells is horrible inside the little tube, but you can barely notice it on your skin. Honestly, you dont need much product as a little goes a long way which has helped me further preserve this product. Also this product has NOT irritated or broken me out which is awesome. Overall, a nice product and I would repurchase (:
Anyways recap of this:

PROS:
*Lightweight
*Fine shimmer for a healthy glow
*Keeps moisturised all day
*A little goes a long way
*Scent doesnt linger
*Travel friendly
*Easy squeeze tube

CONS:
*Smells horrible

on 10/22/2014 6:07:00 AM

I only used this product since I'm a broke college student who can't afford merely everything. So if I had money, I would buy Ponds creams more.

I'm not a fan of the smell, but I love how light it is and it does not make my face oily as i have a combination skin. I just like it when I put it on and how thin it is. I have a very sensitive skin and I just find it hard to find moisturisers I will like. This one is one of them. For a cheap brand like this, it's pretty good. The only thing that really annoyed is the time my skin has to get used to it. It took quite a while for me to get used to it because it was a little harsh on my skin.

I would only recommend this for the reason of being affordable to broke college students, but there are other better products in the market out there, just to say

on 10/21/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this product actually suitable for dry skin. if you feel like you will staying a very long time in a/c you should put on this to your face, your skin will not be so dry.
it dry so quickly when i apply to my skin. but, its good. i don't want my skin look so oily and so dry. i love this product with good price too. I've been using this for a week it seems like, my face feel better than before. my skin become really smooth and clean. even my boyfriend notice that i don't have drier skin like before.

on 10/15/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally! a light moisturiser that doesnt make my sensitive, seborrheic dermatitis suffering skin burn! Affordable and easy to find. Fragrance free and doesnt leave skin sticky or oily. Just wish they'd lose the parabens....

on 10/14/2014 6:14:00 PM

Gave me huge bumps and sores! I got this moisturiser as the one I previously used has been discontinued! As simple is a 'known good brand' I tried it and massive regrets. Everyday my skin gets worse and worse!!!!!!

So red and just massive bumps under my skin and small white heads and blackheads appearing where a spot has never appeared on my face before! So disappointed!!!

I also get home from work and find my skin is all dried out even though I use the same make up as I have for year (Estee Lauder, double wear) with Chanel powder which has never dried my skin!

I am so gutted and upset what it has done to my skin, I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

I need to know the best moisturiser out there for normal skin!!!!! Help

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

While I do have dry skin, I don't like to wear anything too heavy during the summer and opt for a light moisturiser that still provides me with beautiful skin but isn't annoying in the heat. This worked fine!

I was running out of my previous moisturiser and found this in a local convenience store. Being at a good price and hearing good things about the brand in general, I bought it. It comes in a squeezy bottle but doesn't release a lot of product as the moisturiser is more creamy than watery.

The thing I do rather like is that you don't need lots of this and it drys fairly quickly, leaving a light moisturised finish as expected. I would not use this as much during winter for the fact that my skin needs more moisture, which this won't provide (although I may try another one of the Simple moisturisers to see if it does the job).

For the money, this works very well as a light moisturiser that doesn't pretend to be anything else (although I hear the vitamin/mineral levels advertised are actually negligible); pure and simple.