January 31, 2015 | 2056 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 9:33:00 AM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did a review on this a long time ago and I just could not get over the smell. Well, jar still full, I went on a mission to make this work for me. Solution! I added lemongrass essential oil. I added 5 drops to the 2 Oz container and it covered the smell just enough for me to use. Besides lemongrass is great for the skin. I used twice now with no ill effects. Yea! Hope this helps someone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Clanders

Not worth the money, does not give a great amount of moisture, feels very watery on the skin and smells like an old lady! Only finishing the tub so its not a waste of money but would not buy or recommend to others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 7:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really think their products are way over priced.
This was no exception.
I think this would be better suited for dry skin in need of a thick cream.
I have oily skin and this was very heavy on my skin. I broke out like crazy with deep cystic blemishes that took forever to heal :(
Also it was too heavy and made my undereye area very puffy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Theeba

I tried this after reading some rave reviews. I have somewhat clear skin with some redness and uneven skin tone. The first week that I tried this my skin became soft and more even toned (not sure if it was this or the Maracuja oil that I started using at the same time). But by the second week I started seeing new pimples popping up each day.

So I stopped using this and within a week the pimples went away. I gave it another try after that but within hours of applying it new pimples began appearing.

Disappointed because it cost so much and it doesn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:03:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I think about my experience with this product, I can only come up with nothing. It's not that it didn't provide me with it's hopes, or that it failed me in any way-it just didn't show up. I ordered this product from CosmeticsAmerica and after my debit card payment was made, with correct billing address, they managed to ship it to the wrong address. I asked for a resend or reimbursement, and they refused. No business is better than bad business. Don't buy from them.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melisa22mg

Well....I got this one as a sample with the 8 oz. Purity cleanser. I have to say, the cleanser seems OK and smells good enough, but the hope cream OMG....smells horrible, like it is decompose or something and on top of that it made my skin incredible dry. I have dry skin, but this is ridiculous..... I would never buy it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Dentalhygienist84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So much raving about this product for NOTHING. This is a basic moisturizer that doesn not give anything to your skin. Not worth it at all. Smell is nice and the texture is also. I'm very loyal to products so when I like something I wont change it but after I finished the jar I didn't even consider to buy it again. There are so many other products out there that beat this hands down.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by JezebelTruant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard such ravings about this product and line that I decided I had to try it. Being a bit skeptical, I bought the travel version, 0.5 oz. I paid 15.00 for it, which was upsetting... but if it was as amazing as hailed, I wouldn't have minded.

Alas! It was not. It was not amazing, or great, or even good. It was merely 'Blah.' And to top it off, it dried out in just a few days even with the cap secured.

If I want to dump money into over hyped junk that doesn't work, I think I have the number for California Psychics around somewhere.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by alioo3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as one of those inflight purchases in a kit with the purity made simple cleanser. I paid 50 which I think was a gross overpayment for something that didn't really do anything. No, I didn't break out while using this (I finished the jar which took a good 5+ months) but my skin didn't really look any better, either. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by CMDJMW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this product along with other items from the Philosophy skin care line religiously for at least two years.

I have sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts when the seasons change - where I am from we have four drastically different seasons.

I, unlike other users here, actually love the smell and I love how it feels on my face, how it absorbs and how the cream itself glistens in the jar when I open it and stick my fingers in. Initially I saw a huge improvement in my skin and it had been a constant love of mine until about a month ago.

Lately my fine lines are getting more prominent and I am having dry skin and acne issues around my mouth and chin which won't dissipate. Also my cheeks are red and blotchy.

I've switched to a retinal and green tea rich cream which I just started today. My skin needs a change I think but I would definitely return to this brand in the future if I fail to find something I like better after trying a few different things.