July 25, 2014 | 1859 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Defense Faces SPF 30 Oil Free with AvoTriplex

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

OUCH! This stuff stings. Not sure why- it has a lower percentage of active ingredients than other chemical sunscreens I use regularly without problems (Paula's Choice SPF 45+, Neutrogena liquid with Helioplex), but for some reason this burns my face. Something about it is not right for my skin. I noticed other reviewers complaining about stinging as well, so it's not just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've only been using this a couple of weeks, but so far I like it better than other sunscreens I've used.
Pros: SPF 30, oil-free, fragrance free, no white cast on my tan skin, doesn't break me out, doesn't make oily skin oilier, lightweight, very affordable, wears very well over Clinique's DDMG.
Cons: When first using, it stung after application, but after a few weeks it stopped.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Swapped for this based on the good reviews, but Ouch, this sunscreen stings due to the avobenzone (& I don't even consider myself to have sensitive skin & my skin usually doesn't have a problem with chemical s/s)! Tried this three times on my face & two times put it on with nothing underneath (just fresh, clean skin) & it still stung; today it stung to the point where I couldn't bare it & removed it with oil & cleanser. I took off two lippies because of that, but I still use it on my neck & chest (where I have no problems with it). IMO definitely not for faces.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.00%), Octocrylene (6.0%), Oxybenzone (4.00% Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Silica, Ethylhexyl Benzoate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoley/Dimethylcarbonate Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Glucosamine HCl, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg 15 Disulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Capramide, Sodium Lauryl Sarcosinate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Lecithin, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum , BHT, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it a lot!, Iīve been using the same but qith spf 50, and itīs almost the same. Same texture, abosorbs quikcly, non greasy. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this sunscreen is similar in texture to another sunscreen by banana boat (sun wear faces spf 30). quickly absorbed, similar protection (active ingredients are like that of sun wear faces spf 30) and when applied, it stings, too. all in all, a nice facial sunscreen, but i still like sun wear faces spf 30 better because that one has a nice smell, this one doesn't have any fragrance. probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by annamaria1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using expensive Dr. brands like MD Forte or T- Silk. This does not leave a mask on the face and absorbs easily. After about 3-5 minutes it has completely dried so you dont feel a thing. I can put my makeup on and it does not feel or look greasy at all! Dont even have to have a moisturizer underneath although if you have dry skin you might. Price was right, buy on get on free for $9.99 at Walgrens. This will be my HG sunscreen!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really great sunscreen for people with really oily skin. It is all chemical, so there is no white cast. I use an Rx retinoid and get some flaking. Any titanium dioxide or zinc oxide sticks to the flakes. That rules out my old favorite Shiseido SPF55 lotion. LRP Anthelios is a little too greasy for me. Yes, I wish this had a higher PPD. But I can actually WEAR it. SS is no good if you can't actually use it. When I find an all chemical matte ss like this one with Mexoryl or Tinsorb (that I can actually buy in the US), I'll switch.