October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Powder - Garden Botanika - She's a Natural Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Breezie17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is good stuff. I like the luminescence about it and the coverage is buildable. My perfect shade in the winter months is Macadamia with a blend of Buff and Wheat in the summer months. My only gripe is that it sweats off and when I dab at it with a cloth or towel, the makeup color comes off. Occasionally, I will set it with fragrance free Model in a Bottle, but I save that for more serious occasions when it HAS to last. Otherwise, for general everyday use, my fave. If I'm going hiking or biking - I reach for something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 3.30.11: i just started noticing that my pores are clogged. I had heard bismuth oxychoried (not sure hiw to spell 2nd word) which happens to be in this can give some users an itching feeling and some say clogged pores so I've started using Everday Minerals and my face has cleared up. Won't be buying thus again!
I've been using this for about 5-6 months now and I really like it! I like that its a pressed powder rather than loose powder. It seems to last a good amount of time (I normally don't reapply throughout the day) I had purchased the trial kit directly from GB and eventually purchased the full size and I've been using that give or take 4 months and I'm just now seeing the bottom. It stays put all day and gives a natural look and I like that it's mosty natural ingredients. Will be purchasing again soon!! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by lwjubeck

This is one of the few foundations that does not make me break out. It absorbs any oil on my face, giving a matte affect and provides medium-full coverage; while staying very natural looking and adjusting to my skin tone.

Though not cheap, it is decently-priced compared to other mineral makeups. I have been using it fairly consistently for the past couple years, and plan to continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jp412153

I absolutely LOVED this stuff at first. The BEST coverage of any mineral foundation I've ever tried...and none of the mess. But it breaks me out...and I normally don't have that issue with make-up. What a drag. So disappointing. I really do like the look and coverage. I've tried and retried, but my skin hates this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by pugtales

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The reviews are all true,i dont know why the Ulta girls never suggested this wonderful foundation powder when i asked them for a mineral make up that wont make me look older/shiny,and that wont make my pores look huge.Thia stuff is wonderful,it covers beautifully,i even slept with this and woke up with clear skin,that is so rare,!
Buff is the perfect match (thanks to Kim,a wonderful Muaer who sent me 2 full sizes of the foundation so i can see the shades!!!) Buff is the perfect neutral,my skin is Light with neutral undertones.
It lasts and lasts,with no primer,i even looked at myself in a fitting room mirror (i know who does that lol) after hours of having it on,i looked at my face and it looked soooo good,i was like what???? It is only $18 at the GB website,i hope they dont discontinue it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation that I have ever used. I have been waiting for other people to review it so that I could too (I don't have enough reviews yet, but am close.) The GB mineral foundation is so easy to use and it really flatters my skin. I'm 43 and foundation was really getting me down because it highlighted my little wrinkles rather than camouflaging them. This one is wonderful though. And no mess or hassle as with other mineral foundations (you know who you are!) Oh, and no sparkle, just luminescence!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kimc09058

I absolutely love this product. I could never use BE or other mineral makeup products; but loved the concept. When I found this last year I gave it a try and fell in love. It has exceptional coverage with just a couple of swipes across the compact and I have had 0 breakouts from it. The GB kabuki brush is feather soft and really blends the product into my skin well. I seem to be able to use several of the shades, Buff and Wheat are my two favorites. I was a bit discouraged when ULTA dropped the GB line, and bought a boatload of compacts at various stores while they were on clearance. I just hope Garden Botanika does not discontinue the line as I finally found my perfect mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by julieolivia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Up until now, my favorites have been Aromaleigh (great coverage, no breakouts, finish like washed silk) and Alima ( lighter coverage, terrific color match, matte finish). Bismuth is bad for me and so is too much shimmer, so you get an idea of what I look for, light acne scarring and now some some lines around eyes, uneven pigmentation on cheeks, skin normal-dry. This foundation is heaven. It is pressed and so convenient with zero mess. The brush is whisper soft and feels great on my skin, just two quick swipes across the compact and the coverage is amazing, melds into my skin, and gives a real skin finish, my skin looks moist and healthy, not shiny. Does not look powdery and doesn't accentuate lines or scars, optical effect seems to work (for once) as I sat in wicked sidelight at hairdressers and actually liked the way my skin looked. Butter is more yellow and light than I usually use but it melds in and looks completely natural. Lasts all day. I look forward to putting it on the morning, so fast, effortless and effective. Great product.