December 20, 2014 | 946 users online

Bronzers - Cargo - blu_ray Bronzer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover1991

I bought this from Sephora on sale, I think for $10, when it was being discontinued. I wish I bought the Blu_Ray powder instead. I like the texture of this, like that it's matte and like that it is buildable, but the color just didn't suit me at all.

The main reason I dislike this is because of the color. This bronzer is extremely light, kind of the color of Werther's candy but just a tiny bit darker. Light, but not natural looking at all. I am not dark-skinned at all, I'm a MUFE 125 and Nars Punjab, but for some reason this caramel color is just too light. It definitely shows up but not in a way that is flattering like Nars Laguna. I can't imagine this would be flattering on anyone.

It also makes my skin a tiny bit oily, but that's only if I go all day without blotting.

It's totally matte and has no sparkles.

The packaging is good, the mirror is decent sized. The package did break by the time I hit pan but only because I tossed it around a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

I'm liking this a lot. I struggle with reactions to bronzers, I've used a few. Tarte was thee worst and the one before this was Hourglass Brand and I liked it but it eventually started breaking me out also :( But this bronzer I have ZERO reactions too, I can even wear it everyday YAY! and no problems, I am happy with the color, I am light skinned and olive I usually always wear a natural in every line (if that helps with the color) and yes its not waterproof but I don't care I just want a bronzer i can use daily, I will reapply 1 time if I am having an extra long day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MIAdelaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to start out by saying that all Cargo bronzers are great quality; finely milled, apply evenly and have never caused any irritation or reaction. The matte medium bronzer is my HG during my palest winter months. That being said, my skin is warm to neutral (about nc 30), so I have to agree with the reviewers who found this bronzer too orange. I have found a use for it though. It neutralizes a foundation that I love, but is too olive for me, so I believe this bronzer could work for those who have very olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sspinosa

Let me start off by saying I am probably the lightest olive color that you can imagine. I am an nc25-nc30 in mac. This blu-ray bronzer gave me the most natural bronze color I have ever seen yet. It is a medium golden bronze that does not make me look orange at all. I literally appear as though I had been laying in the sun! That's what I like about it so much, it looks natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by abcecex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I'd like to tell you that I purchased this for only $7.50 at Sephora, so it was kind of a no-risk venture.

Anyway, onto the review. The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It looked really sleek, which I liked. But it was impossible to open!!! Ughh it took me like 10 minutes to open. Did this happen to anyone else?

Once I finally opened it, I noticed there was a chip in the bronzer. Great. Then I looked at the color and saw that it was matte (I was so excited about that, because I hate shimmery bronzer). But I noticed that it was sooo orange! When I usually put on a bronzer, I use my kabuki brush, but when I try to use it on this, it's just too much. This is only ok if you use a big fluffy brush with a very light touch.

Long story short, I don't recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I love the regular matte bronze powder made by Cargo so thought I would give this a try. However, it is simply way too orange. I have been known in my exuberance for a "tan" to go too orange at times but this stuff is way too orange even for me. I just can't make it look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by oakien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

did this product cause any blackheads? I just purchased it and I wanted to ask before I try it out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a NC15 leaning neutral and am also a bronzer h00r. I have seven in permanent rotation and wear bronzer practically every day to counteract the white cast of my sunscreen. So what I am about to say are strong words: Cargo Blu Ray Bronzer Is The Most Natural Bronzer I Have Ever Tried. More natural than LM shimmer, which is indeed my one true love.
Color wise it is similar to cargo medium in that it is a goldish brown. It has a smidge more red than its sister, but isn't a red like a Guerlain terracotta.
Blu Ray isn't matte, but has just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.
I can build this for more drama when I am made up, but I love this bronzer the best just over sunscreen and powder to contour my cheeks and give me some color. I have used a number of brushes with Blu Ray and this isn't one of those bronzers that only work with one brush, which is major points for me because I wash my brushes frequently and don't like to have to not use something because its brush isn't dry.
The powder lasts all day without splotching and caking. I even think it looks better as the day goes on and it settles in. Out of all of my bronzers, this one wears the best as far as longevity.
Finally, the packaging is the standard blu ray colletion packaging- a black square with a good sized mirror. This is a solid compact and I like it much more than the little cargo tins.
If you are darker than NC/NW25 I think this bronzer might be a smidge too light, if I can use a stiff bronzer brush on this and I am NC15, that might be a sign. I also rec'd this in swap from a lovely NC25 MUAer on whom it was too light. Thank you so much for a great addition to my bronzer collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by babivirgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am medium complexion asian, and already have yellow undertones. This bronzer was way too orange for me! However it does have good texture, and no shine which I like!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

I use bronzer over foundation b/c I feel like my face is too pale for the rest of my body. I'm hispanic and am usually a little tan all year round, but my face is sooo pale looking. I got made over by a Sephora associate and she used this Cargo blu-ray bronzer that looked gorgeous. I had been using way too much of my original bronzer and it also looked a little orange on my skin. But this blu-ray bronzer just matched me so perfectly and looked natural. It felt very lightweight as she applied it. She put one layer on me with a large brush, but I still felt I looked too light. So she applied another layer which I thought looked perfect. But once I got home, I thought maybe I was a little too dark and one layer may have been fine. At least until the summer. It looked great under harsh store lighting and in natural light, which blew me away. I highly recommend this bronzer.