July 22, 2014 | 1232 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Kate Diamond Cut Eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this palette in PU-1 at Cosmed in Taiwan for about $400 NT ($12 USD). For a drugstore palette this is pretty expensive but the quality is great. I'm not the biggest fan of the rather large bluish flecks of glitter as they tend to fall out a little, but the colors are very pretty. The darkest color is extremely pigmented and is the most wonderful shade of deep purple; the lighter lilac color is not as pigmented but gives a subtle hint of color without looking like you got punched in the eye. A very versatile palette, though I think these work much better with a primer/cream base. Would definitely purchase this again, a little regretful that I didn't buy this in PK-1 as well :(.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by theHeartNeverLies

I've wanted to try KATE products for ages and by chance I saw this seller on ebay had a really reasonable price that ships from CA and of course I jumped at the chance. I got BK-1 and BR-1, both are beautiful.
The shadow itself is very smooth and lasts for a long time. I'm a smoky eye addict and these two are just perfect for me. I really detest the lightest color in a smoky eye palette, usually the light vanilla/white color because somehow it just doesn't look good on my fair Asian eyelids. But the ones in the KATE diamond cut eyes look so natural on my eyes, I was so surprised.
What really made me fall in love with these palettes is the diamond power. They add that special sparkle to your eyes without making you look like a disco ball. They also don't fall on your face, unlike the urban decay shadows with their glitters....
All in all, I love my KATE palettes, they're perfect for anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by kichuro

This is my daily eyeshadow. It really is all in one and I can't begin to explain how great it is; the shimmer is just right [not crazy 7th month ghost festival sort] and the colours are just right for layering.
The only downside is that it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Pufferfishjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far the most expensive eye shadow I have purchased from a pharmacy/drugstore! But you know what? I LOVE IT!! It is A-ma-zing! I agree with what everyone says here, and I also have it in BK-1. On your eyes, it gives you a very celebrity-like, elegant, classy look, but with a bit of edge. You can make it as intense as you want, or tone it down. It is very versatile. I love how the 'diamond' part comes with gold and silver shimmer. KATE really means it when they say No More Rules. They give you all the tools you need and you are free to create whatever you want! They feel very creamy. The powder is finely milled. And it is sooo easy to blend, to the point that it is actually very easy to overdo the dark colours! Ooops :P The SA put this on me when I was shopping for foundation and when I left, there were actually heads turning to look at me! I felt like a Japanese celebrity..! I went back and asked her what she put on me, and it was this. I hesitated, cause it was pricy. But then I had been walking around admiring my own eyes and I bought it. I don't regret!! If I had to go somewhere with only ONE eyeshadow palette, it would be this! There's no turning back to regular drugstore eye shadow for me now! (PS; you'll need a primer or base or it will come off a bit ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lostmyseoul

This is my first kate product and one thing i will say is i love the packaging! The one i got was BK-1 which is the one in the featured picture and i think these are the perfect set of colours to create so many looks!! The first night i wore it i got so many compliments on my eyes!! It really is a stunning pallette and i will defo get a lot of use out of this pallette!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkykathy

LOVE this item very much. I agree with everything she review and comment below. The color is so wonderful, very pigmented,and easy to blend with other colors. The price is about USD 14.5. This is a good deal because you can get 4 different color in little cute package. LOVE it very much

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by dollface_vixen

I love how Kate always includes a shimmer powder to pat on top of the shadows, I think it makes the biggest difference! I have the palette in BK-1, as I love greys and blacks. The palette comes with a silver and gold shimmer powder, which aren't really pigmented, as they are only to be patted on to finish your look, a silvery white, bluish grey, a dark charcoal for lining. The shadows are nicely pigmented, not over the top and last very well. I usually don't use primer because the primers I have tend to make my shadows crease. These last reasonably well without a primer and I have VERY oily skin. The shadows themselves aren't very shimmery on their own and look kinda drab, but the diamond powder gives it a very pretty sheen. This isn't a must have palette if you already own lots of Kate shadows but it is a nice addition.