October 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Pressed Powders - Fashion Fair - Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fashion Fair has definitely come up. Dark skin ladies NW50-55 range, you need to look into FF since MAC doesn't want our money anymore and keeps discontinuing their darkest shades. This powder in Sable has a red tone to it, is lightweight, light coverage and blends in very well. It also does a decent job of keeping me matte for a few hrs. Definite recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Walnut is almost translucent on my skin. I've tried other brands, but this is tried and true. It perfects my complexion, and I get tons of compliments. Most ppl don't even realize I'm wearing makeup. Lately I've been using a kabuki brush instead of a sponge or puff. It cuts down on the collection/redistribution of dirt/oil, but uses more powder. All in all, it's still my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ayeshaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Fashion Fair Its the only makeup that matches matches my skin tone. I have the refining mineral foundation in Tenacious Topaz its light brown with neutral (green) undertone. I also have Cream to powder foundation in Butterscotch. For the oil control pressed powder it was a between toffee or chestnut she did one side of my face using tofee and the other side using chestnut. Toffee was way too yellow/orange it just sat on my skin but chestnut blended in she was surprised chestnut worked she said its a pink undertone. The makeup makes my skin flawless and glows at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this pressed powder for many years. It is one of the best cosmetic purchases i have ever made. With this pressed powder, you have to be careful with the undertone. If you have a yellow undertone, do not purchase a powder that has a red tint in it. This powder contols oiliness very well. I have purchased Estee Lauder in Double Matte pressed powder, MAC Studio Fix Plus powder and Iman's pressed powders and FF is my hands down favorite. I wear Butterscotch in the foundations (MAC NC 45) and Cashew in the oil control pressed powder. The powder not only controls oil but it makes your face flawless without adding that powdery look. When you start to age, you have to be very careful with the powder. Some powders cake up and settle into those fine lines and creases actually making you appear older; FF does just the opposite. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use this faithfully but they must have changed the formula or something because now it oxidizes like crazy! I have bought this in cola, sable and walnut. The walnut seems to have gotten lighter and makes me look like I have a white haze on my face. The cola and sable look great in the compact but go on like a deep gray color. For reference, I have ebony/chocolate skin. I have since started using Iman Oil Control pressed powder in Deep. It is a little too reddish but I rather look a little reddish than gray.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought the FF oil control pressed powder in Toffee and I also wear the FF foundation stick in Butterscotch. The color match of the powder is good with this foundation color and I prefer to set my foundation with this powder using a large powder brush before leaving my house. I use the two items with a small amount of the FF Shine Eliminator underneath and in mild to cold weather the powder and the Shine Eliminator together seem to work well but during the summer when it's hot and humid well.......

UPDATE: Do NOT use FF oil control pressed powder in Toffee UNLESS you have medium brown skin with very strong red undertones, otherwise don't use it because it may make you look like a member of the Orange Man Group! I have light to medium brown skin with yellow undertones and this powder in Toffee looks horrible when I use a lot of it to combat the shiny oiliness later on in the day. I think I may take a look at the same pressed powder in Cashew. But now that the season is autumn/fall and will soon be winter I realise that this oil control pressed powder doesn't control my very oily face at all sadly. Even with many re-applications during the day this powder after a while only keeps me matte for less than an hour. That's sad really! I now use the Mattify! Ultra loose powder which lasts for quite a long time on my face but of course I never travel with that.

I totally believe the hype about FF's newer foundation colors and formulations but they need to go back to the drawing board regarding their so-called oil control pressed powder! LOL I am a Butterscotch in Fashion Fair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Cashew and it is transparent on my NC45 tone, but I notice how it blends and smooths over my complexion. I apply it with Face Secrets buff brush, and it leaves a fresh and healthy appearance-not weighed down or grayed out, and it does not turn orange. Also, the oil control is decent-I only have to blot lightly after a few hours. I've tried several pressed powders over the years because I do not like to wear foundation, and this is the best light coverage and yellow-undertoned color match by far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this powder! it has the most beautiful satin type finish. my shade in the cream to powder foundation is brown blaze..the toffee caramel powder goes perfectly with it. the powder adds a bit of extra coverage and most importantly, it keeps my face matte for about 6 hours. i do have to blot with it once a day. my complexion looks amazing when i set my FF foundation with this powder. it goes on smoothly and doesnt look cakey unless you get too heavy handed with it. will definitely keep repurchasing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been using the oil control powder in sable, i have really oily skin, I like the finish of this powder, I only use a concealer then top it off with this powder and I have an uneven skin tone which it works well with. It can be a bit red if i get really oily and dont touch up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by thegenevadiva

I love this press powder(Kola), combined with the FF stick leaves a beautiful finish. It also works well alone which is a huge plus for when I don't have time to apply a full face. Overall, I'm really impressed with this cosmetic line! A really good friend of mine in the DC area put me on when I noticed that every time I saw her she looked flawless. When we first met I told her she looked like a news reporter...lol. She told me what she used, which was FF. I was a little reluctant at first, I was really into MAC and I continued to use their products, and I still do, mainly their lipglass in chai and lip pencil in plum, their blot powder is great for blotting on the go. Anyway, a few years go by and she is still flawless, absolutely gorgeous!! I asked her and she said that she still uses FF! After that point I was completely sold.