January 31, 2015 | 2045 users online

Fragrances - Ed Hardy Love and Luck

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I love Love & Luck -- it's far and away my favorite of all the Ed Hardy women's perfumes, which are mostly red fruit-punchy scents. This is the exception. Love & Luck smells like a soft musky vanilla floral, to my nose -- even though it doesn't actually have any vanilla in the note list below. Not too sweet, either (fortunately).

Launched in 2008. Notes, per Fragrantica:

Top notes: bergamot, blood orange and vodka
Middle notes: black currant, pink pepper, nectarine, jasmine and plum
Base notes: musk, cedar, sandalwood and patchouli

Feminine, with a soft, warm, drawing-in, subtle, sensuous quality, it wears close to skin, and it has a vanilla-musk vibe to me, with nuances of other notes added. I really like it. Being on the neutral, "your-skin-but-better" side, it would be easy to wear as a daytime signature. There are plenty of bottles for sale right now at my local Marshall's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by payjark

This is my HG fragrance. Its a smell that I think wouldn't work well on a lot of people, but it smells nice on my skin. It was about $30 for the bottle which is cheap imo because I got the largest size. I also have a few mini bottles. I can wear this year round. It smells kind of floral. I'm horrible at describing scents but its definitely floral. It lingers all day which is also great. I really like this perfume, although I'm not too thrilled about it being Ed Hardy...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I....am crazy on the fence with this fragrance. I actually like the fruity, generic smells of most perfumes.

This one isn't.

It smells almost masculine, not particularly strong, but certainly masculine. After the dry down, it smells of a creamy, buttery cinnamon which...is particularly odd. I smell my wrist and I'm left confused.

Unlike Katy Perry's Purr (which I adored upon first spray) or Betsey Johnson's perfume (which I am almost repulsed by) this is smack dab in the center of the spectrum. Not severe hatred, or adoration...rather, curiosity. Not here, nor there. But somewhere.

I'm still on the fence, but I do wear this. I wish it were more like it's predecessors, Love Kills Slowly and Born Wild though. I'm not a fan of anything that strays TOO far from the fruity, sparkling fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

Everyone on the reviews I've been reading has a different take on this perfume. This lady I work with wears this perfume & I loved the way it smelled on her. I didn't even realize it was the same perfume that I've had for about 3 years sitting on my dresser, until she told me she wears this. This perfume smells totally different on me, than on her. I still liked it on me, but it's just a different smell. The lasting power could be improved. I also have Ed Hardy's love kills slowly perfume, & I'm so in love with that one. It smells amazing on me. So, if you didn't like this perfume for whatever reason, try love kills slowly...I think it's better & it gives that "wow" factor, which this one did not. Overall, this isn't the most amazing, noticeable perfume. But, it still smells good & is very casual. I don't think I would buy this again though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Like a few other reviewers, this is something that I might pretend to "forget" what I am wearing if someone asked. I think it's the Jersey Shore/DB-bonanza that the tattoo community associates with the ED Hardy brand. But, at the same time, if I like something, I'm gonna wear it, gosh darn it. I get SO MANY compliments on this. Fruits and most florals smell TERRIBLE on me, but this has enough spice to make it work with my chemistry. It just smells sunny and clean, nothing like the other ED Farty scents. It's also becoming harder to find, but you can get some great deals online.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If anyone asks me what I'm wearing I would never admit that I'm wearing Ed Hardy because of the image associated with the brand, but this fragrance is beautiful. On my skin it opens up fresh and fruity and dries down with an almost soapy scent. The scent is subtle but long lasting and clean smelling. The bottle IMO is hideously ugly, but that won't deter me from keeping this in constant rotation in my collection.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't care what the brand is. When it comes to fragrances, if it smells good, that is ALL THAT MATTERS.
This stuff smells heavenly, that's all. The word that comes to mind (for the olfactory-to-literary type) is Sensual.

It's a very strong scent (lol pungent... with real panther bits).

Right. So, ultimately, there's no sense in reading a review to find the right perfume.

You have to try it (and no, sampling it in store is not enough, you have to walk around for a day or two with it on and see how you feel). Perfumes do NOT smell the same on everyone, and the way they make you feel is such a major element to whether it's right for you. Most days, I feel this perfume "suits" me (and some days I don't!). So, you know... when everything's said and done, reading perfume reviews is kind of useless.

Oh the bottle's pretty too; I like the geisha design and the cream/gold color scheme. It's also kind of heavy (which is a negative bc why a heavy bottle, but also a positive... I feel like heavier items these days can sometimes connote higher quality).

*Also -- someone below me compared the smell of this to "Unforgivable" (Sean John). I wouldn't say they smell alike but they do weirdly remind me of eachother.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by gail44

I loooove this perfume! It's smells absolutely amazing on me and lasts ALL day and even til the next day. I asked for it on Christmas and got the gift set, then I went out and bought another bottle when i was halfway through the first one so I would never be without it. I could wear it everyday and on special occassions. I honestly feel like it's my signature scent than everyone can link to me. It smells soooo clean and fresh but still has notes of exotic flowers that linger on your skin and clothes so nicely, definitely not strong but i dont know why it lasts so long on me :) I would repurchase again and again until I find another one I like....which I haven't for almost 3 years!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't buy this exact product or the product at all. My brothers girlfriend however picked up love & luck for men by accident not knowing it was a mens cologne. It comes in a similar bottle but blue. The scent smells a little spicy and we had no clue it was a mens cologne till I was near a man who happened to be wearing it. I must say that this scent could by a unisex fragrance. I think it smells sexy and is more of a female fragrance than a males. I don't know if it is the same for all male ed hardy products but the oils in this cologne are way better than that of the ed hardys female products. This cologne lasted on me for the whole day and then some the next day. It smells amazing i recommend it for girls!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scent. I reminds me of Pac Sun's Tilt. But like that one, this just doesn't last.