CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have dry to very dry skin most of the year and it can be exaggerated in cold weather so I wanted a cleanser that would clean my face but not make my reoccurring pimples come out. When paired with a makeup remover it works great at getting off any remaing residue as well. I get dry patches on my face and this cleanser is good at cleaning without stripping. Plus 1 pump is all I need to clean my face under normal circumstances maybe 2 if Im wearning heavy makeup that day. It goes on like a lotion so no foaming action here but it cleans very well without stripping the skin or clogging my pores. Great for people who dont like fragrance because this stuff smell like a very light lotion. It does have a smell but its just the smell of all the ingredients that are in the cleanser nothing floral or sweet. I would absolutly repurchase once my bottle is empty!

This is by far the best facial cleanser I have ever used. I absolutely love the lotion like consistency, and every time after I use this my skin feels so clean and hydrated. I have seen such a dramatic difference in my skin with less acne and less dry patches. Does not irritate my sensitive skin in any way. I 100% recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cleanser to really cleanse their face, but be gentle at the same time, while adding hydrating benefits. This cleanser is amazing, and I will continue to use and repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Skin: very sensitive on my cheeks & prone to clogged pores.
Oily in the summer; cheeks & forehead.
Slightly dry in the winter; around my nose & hairline.

Also would like to mention I don't wear any makeup - I only apply Carmex to my lips & Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer for sensitive skin with SPF 15.

I heard GREAT things about CeraVe & my best friend loves their moisturizing cream & lotion so I figured what could I lose from trying it out. It also contains some great ingredient in it & its fragrance free - which is usually a trigger for my cheeks.

I used this for a total of two days; once with one full pump every night. After the second night I immediately stopped using this cleanser. I wanted to love it so badly.

On the first night there was slight stinging around my nose, but I figured it was cause I had just gotten over a cold & the sting was from constantly blowing my nose & causing the raw skin there to react. It did however make my skin feel super soft & didn't dry it out like my old cleanser so I thought that was amazing.

On the second night I got the same results, but by the next morning my cheeks were red & stayed red all day. There were also several slight bumps that itched & my cheeks felt warm/hot to the touch all day. I immediately switched back to my old cleanser, even though it causes mild dryness, it did not burn, sting, or cause breakouts.

After I stopped using it the redness cleared up a lot & I noticed two small red bumps (which will probably turn into clogged pores) on my outer right cheek & one larger pimple in the center of my right cheek.

I can't comment on its ability to remove makeup as I don't wear any. I wouldn't purchase again, but with the great reviews It obviously works for some people, unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

This gentle cleanser has a nice lotion-y texture and is effective at removing makeup (doesn't take away my mascara completely - it does give me raccoon eyes but i just wipe that away with some Shiseido facial cotton and BAM done) and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Yay fragrance free! A little blurb from Beautypedia's review: "contains several ingredients that mimic the structure and function of healthy skin." I've been using this for a few months and it's my HG cleanser

This cleanser has really been good to me. I have been using it with the CeraVe Moustirizing lotion and my skin has never felt so moustirized. I use it every morning and night. Now I also deal with acne and that makes me skin even drier, but since I started using this I haven't gotten a single pimple (knock on wood) and it just makes me skin feel great. BUT when I first started using it for like the first week, I did break out only because it was new products for my skin and I break out a bit whenever I use a new product on my skin, but after the first week it was great.

Pros:
Skin is moistirized
No more breakouts/acne
Packaging is great (pump)
Not expensive
Great feeling after washing

Cons:
Break out in beginning\
My skins looks a bit oily (something I'm not used to at all, but doesn't effect my makeup)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Really good stuff. I was looking for a cleanser that cleanses better than Cetaphil (which I found too gentle and a bit hard to rinse from the skin) yet was still gentle. This product did exactly that, plus it rinses from the skin better as well too.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have dry sensitive skin.. it's really hard for me to find a cleanser that doesn't irritate, break me out, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't strip it either. I LOVE THIS! HG Status!
This cleanser does all of things I was looking for. great for sensitive skin and it's a huge bottle with a pump. I like this more than Cetaphil for my dry skin. I like that it is creamy rather than foaming.
I don't use this to remove makeup. I use a separate remover for makeup then go in with this on my clarisonic for a cleanse. I think it works well with it even though many people prefer a foaming cleanser with the clarisonic.
Obviously gonna repurchase.

I picked this up since I've had pretty good luck with CeraVe products working for me. It's a very lotion-y type cleanser. I'm not really use to it to be honest. Most lotion type cleansers i have tried always end up leaving some type of film on my skin - which was why i preferred foaming cleansers. But this CeraVe hydrating cleanser did not leave any residue or film behind.

This is a great GENTLE cleanser. I normally use it in the morning (and on days where my skin feels more dry but i still need to wash it). However, since it's such a gentle cleanser, I don't find this cleanser removes makeup well. Which isn't a big deal to me since I always use a separate product to remove most (if not all) my makeup first and then go in with a cleanser after.

Also, due to the lotion-y texture, I don't use this with my Clarisonic. I use the foaming one if I'm planning on using my Clarisonic.

I managed to catch this on sale $12.99CDN at (SDM) reg $15.99. On the pricier side for a drugstore cleanser but I think it's worth it. It's a very mild cleanser that doesn't dry out or irritate my hyper-sensitive skin.

Excellent cleanser for dry and/or sensitive skin. One of my winter faves. Feels a little creepy I youre used to using only foaming cleansers. Tip: remove your makeup first

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Keep coming back to this facial wash. Can't put my finger on it but my skin feels soft and happy after using. My rosacea is not irritated...I have the acne type....by this product either. Like the packaging, just wish it came with a flip top like Cetaphil. It's kinda pricey for a drugstore brand, but worth it in my opinion. Seems to last awhile. Will keep buying!!!