December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I think I have found my Holy Grail of cleansers!

Although the bottle states "for normal to dry skin," I, of course, have oily acne-prone skin! However, after years of harsh cleansers with acne-fighting ingredients, I have finally realized (DUH) that my oily, but also flaky, skin needs something SIMPLE and hydrating! It's really true! Oily skin does need hydrating cleansers and moisturizers to keep its own oil production IN CHECK! My skin feels no more oily than before, but it feels much softer and looks so CLEAR!

If you really require the deep clean feel (I do, and Cerave cleanser does not lather), I suggest using this gentle cleanser with a wash cloth or spinning facial brush (I use my Olay ProX). Also, first remove all of your eye makeup with your favorite remover (I love coconut oil!). Finally, I suggest you follow it up with the Cerave AM/PM moisturizers because they feel amazingly hydrating but so, so light!

This stuff is worth the extra money! It lasts a really long time! I think it makes my skin feel cleaner and healthier than Cetaphil, which I find to be too greasy feeling (and kinda smelly).

If you are on the fence between cleansers and your face sounds like mine - look no further! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for my hypersensitive skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

My winter dry skin has hit full force since last week! After this being rec'd for me to try I got a bottle last Friday.

My skin was dry,flaky and tight/itchy feeling before this (and I have tried other things for dry skin) but after just a few days I have noticed less flakes and the tight itchy dry feeling is totally gone!!!

I love how it goes on creamy and really feels wonderful on my face (its very gentle feeling) and it does leave my face hydrated,smooth and soft.

So far so good with this facial cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. It doesn't foam or lather so it never leaves my face feeling tight. :) some people may dislike that it's not foamy, but I really love it for my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- sanitary pump bottle
- large amount of product for low cost
- unscented
- very gentle on sensitive skin
- hydrates dry skin (my skin gets so dry in the winter that it hurts-- this product is gentle and cleans my skin without causing me pain)
- leaves skin feeling smooth and soft

Cons:
- it will probably not remove all of your makeup if you are wearing a lot of it

Clearly a 5 lippie product. A must have for those who suffer from dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser has replaced Cetaphil as my "go to" gentle cleanser. It's hydrating (although you will still need a moisturizer afterwards), and it rinses off really well. One thing that it does not do well is remove eyemakeup: you will definitely need to use a makeup remover to get off all the last traces of mascara and liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by omgsushi505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ehh..
I have very dry skin so I wanted to try this. It isn't really effective at removing anything. I had more dry patches on my face after using this, and it doesn't remove makeup, so I bought an oil cleanser to use along with this. (Garnier oil cleanser is fantastic for cleansing and removing makeup). After realizing that the oil cleanser did more than this did, I stopped using this. This isn't very effective for dry skin and doesn't remove makeup. I would instead recommend the oil cleanser from garnier, it is cheaper than this and much more effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This cleanser has seen me through the best and worst of times--clear skin, okay-looking skin, bad acne, drying acne treatments, Accutane, you name it. I'm a big CeraVe fan in general (except for the Foaming Cleanser---ick) and I've used this for several years now and have no plans to switch. I use this every morning and sometimes at night, if I have on no or barely any makeup. This is NOT meant to remove makeup. I like this because it is moisturizing, but not greasy. It rinses clean and doesn't leave a film on my face. This isn't as runny as Cetaphil and I like it a lot better. No fragrance to bother those of you with sensitive skin. It's about $12 but you can always find it on sale and/or print coupons from CeraVe's website.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jessicarwx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice gentle cleanser. I'm not really a fan of gentle cleansers because I feel like they don't do anything, but I wanted to start using one in my skin care regime to give my skin a well deserved break. I definitely prefer this brand to Cetaphil. The gentle skin cleanser by Cetaphil is too thin for me and I like my cleansers to have more consistency to them. Some people said they feel like a film is left on their skin after rinsing but I don't have that problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm happy I purchased this with Fall and the colder days to come. I have combination skin so with Winter my skin gets so dry. I love washing my face with this! I feel like it puts down a protective barrier on my skin. First this is more a cleansing lotion for dry skin so it will not lather. I always remove my eye makeup 1st with remover or a foam cleanser. Then I use a few pumps and massage my skin with this. If you have really dry skin it's fantastic because I use a lot of chemical exfoliation and this helps me from peeling. Also when you rinse you may think it's not clean because it's not squeaky which, is really stripping your skin of its natural oils. That causes more oil because the skin has to work to replace what is lost.

With this cleanser I do not have that worry because it balances my skin. My skin feels soft and supple and my serums and moisturizers go on so well. I do use the CeraVe Eye Cream and PM lotion. My sister snatched my A.M moisturizer.;) So for me CeraVe products work very well for my skin. I even use the big tub for my body and during the cold months it's amazing! So for me my skin tolerates their products very well. I love the Ceramides and Niacinamide. This product has not broke me out either and I am totally acne prone. This is also an excellent cleanser if you use Retinoids or anything drying. Recently I have been using 8% Salicylic acid serum, and with this cleanser I have had no peeling.

This is such a nice gentle cleanser that would not do well IMHO with oily skin. Because it puts that protective barrier down I could see myself in the summer when I'm oily not liking this. I would use the one for oily skin then. For winter though this is an amazing product! It gently cleanses, does not strip, and gives the skin moisture and helps repair the natural skin barrier. All while not breaking me out:) I would say to use a separate eye mu remover 1st but after either with my Clarisonic or hands my skin feels so fresh and hydrated. If your skin is on the dry side this is a wonderful cleanser to try.

I would totally repurchase this again when I run out. Or always in the winter that's for sure because you get a good amount for the moola. I love how this makes my skin feel and how gentle it is without breaking me out. I am very happy with this product! Recommended!