September 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a lotion. A crappy warred down lotion. Doesn't lather at all, doesn't remove makeup at all. Doesn't rinse off.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wish this didn't come in such a huge bottle because it isn't working for me. I have somewhat dry skin and was told a hydrating, gentle cleanser is the way to go. I was getting rough skin with lots of those little annoying comedones (really small fleshy bumps). My face never felt clean afterwards or smooth. Although it did very well at moisturizing right afterwards, my skin was more dry than using previous cleansers. Larger under the skin pimples started appearing one at a time. After a couple weeks of use, it never looked or felt as though it was helping fight acne. I quit using after a large pimple had appeared the morning after my 2nd attempt at reviving this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ginjababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I read it was gentle and non-drying, so ideal to use with retin-a. I had to make sure I didn't buy lotion by mistake because that's what this felt like. I used it for a week with no breakouts, but never felt like my face was really clean. You'd think the lotiony texture would mean that it could possibly remove eye makeup, but nope. Fail there too. I spent $13 on this and didn't want to waste it, so it has now been repurposed as a shaving cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

It doesn’t leave a residue behind, seems to clean well, doesn’t foam. I use after pre-cleansing at night and alone in the AM. Also, this doesn’t burn or sting my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST cleanser I have ever used! It's almost like applying a lotion to your face and cleansing your face with it. This cleanser was absolutely designed for dry skin and I don't think those with oily skin would really enjoy this cleanser. Also, if you want to use this to remove your makeup you may need to use a greater amount than you normally do. I find that this cleanser works best with the clarisonic and leaves the skin clean and hydrated and very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SDSok

I've used this product for about a year in combination with various prescriptions. I have combo very acne prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this to me. I love how it leaves me feeling so moisturized, however for many months I found it didn't adequately cleanse my face. My pores felt sort of clogged and I continued to break out. Note: I live in NYC so theres TONS of pollution, and my breakouts are probably not attributable solely to this (I've been on klaron, epiduo, clindamycin, the works), but recently I've discovered a LIFE SAVER. Every night I wash my face with this, but I use a gentle wash cloth. It leaves my face soft and glowing and clean! Sometimes my pores look a tad large, but that's also attributable to my current prescription (altavera at night and atralin in the morning). In the morning I wash without the cloth, and both day and night I use cerave PM moisturizer. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive acne rosacea,seb dermy,dermatitus , dry skin and this cleanser works very well for me. Easy to use gets off my make up when I wipe my face with this cleanser and a cotton ball first and then wash normally with it again to remove everything. Ummm its hydrating does not cause any flares just simple and great . My mom even uses it to and loves how hydrating and gentle it is

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wanted to love this cleanser! I've liked CeraVe's PM Moisturizer so much that I'm on my 4th bottle. I have slightly dry, sensitive skin and don't want to spend beaucoup bucks on pricey cleansing oils and creams that I've used in the past to melt away makeup without stripping. So, I thought I'd try this cleanser.

What a disappointment! Like many reviewers have said, this cleanser doesn't remove makeup AT ALL -- not even slightly did it remove my makeup, and I wear only tinted moisturizer, bronzer and mascara! It has an unappealing slimey texture and, for some reason, it made my face tingle (which I didn't like given that CeraVe is for sensitive/sensitized skin)!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely hated this product. I have dry skin and am not acne prone but this was a nightmare. My skin had a film after using it and I have never broken out so badly in my life. It's thick like lotion which I expected to like but I couldn't because of how terrible it was. It couldn't remove my makeup (and I don't even wear waterproof) and I had to use a makeup wipe and then cleanse again with another cleanser. I tried it for a few days hoping it would get better but it never did. Truthfully, I threw the bottle away because I wouldn't even give it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

This feels like conditioner rubbed all over your face and then when you try to mix it off it feels like slime. I have combination skin and nowadays rarely get a pimple but the next day after using this cleanser I got a cyst on my cheek right under my eye. It went away within 24 hours. No Cerave cleanser for me.