September 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wish this didn't come in such a huge bottle because it isn't working for me. I have somewhat dry skin and was told a hydrating, gentle cleanser is the way to go. I was getting rough skin with lots of those little annoying comedones (really small fleshy bumps). My face never felt clean afterwards or smooth. Although it did very well at moisturizing right afterwards, my skin was more dry than using previous cleansers. Larger under the skin pimples started appearing one at a time. After a couple weeks of use, it never looked or felt as though it was helping fight acne. I quit using after a large pimple had appeared the morning after my 2nd attempt at reviving this cleanser. IF ANYONE LOVES THIS CLEANSER, I AM WILLING TO GIVE MINE AWAY FREE so it gets used. Please message me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ginjababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I read it was gentle and non-drying, so ideal to use with retin-a. I had to make sure I didn't buy lotion by mistake because that's what this felt like. I used it for a week with no breakouts, but never felt like my face was really clean. You'd think the lotiony texture would mean that it could possibly remove eye makeup, but nope. Fail there too. I spent $13 on this and didn't want to waste it, so it has now been repurposed as a shaving cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

It doesn’t leave a residue behind, seems to clean well, doesn’t foam. I use after pre-cleansing at night and alone in the AM. Also, this doesn’t burn or sting my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST cleanser I have ever used! It's almost like applying a lotion to your face and cleansing your face with it. This cleanser was absolutely designed for dry skin and I don't think those with oily skin would really enjoy this cleanser. Also, if you want to use this to remove your makeup you may need to use a greater amount than you normally do. I find that this cleanser works best with the clarisonic and leaves the skin clean and hydrated and very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SDSok

I've used this product for about a year in combination with various prescriptions. I have combo very acne prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this to me. I love how it leaves me feeling so moisturized, however for many months I found it didn't adequately cleanse my face. My pores felt sort of clogged and I continued to break out. Note: I live in NYC so theres TONS of pollution, and my breakouts are probably not attributable solely to this (I've been on klaron, epiduo, clindamycin, the works), but recently I've discovered a LIFE SAVER. Every night I wash my face with this, but I use a gentle wash cloth. It leaves my face soft and glowing and clean! Sometimes my pores look a tad large, but that's also attributable to my current prescription (altavera at night and atralin in the morning). In the morning I wash without the cloth, and both day and night I use cerave PM moisturizer. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive acne rosacea,seb dermy,dermatitus , dry skin and this cleanser works very well for me. Easy to use gets off my make up when I wipe my face with this cleanser and a cotton ball first and then wash normally with it again to remove everything. Ummm its hydrating does not cause any flares just simple and great . My mom even uses it to and loves how hydrating and gentle it is

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wanted to love this cleanser! I've liked CeraVe's PM Moisturizer so much that I'm on my 4th bottle. I have slightly dry, sensitive skin and don't want to spend beaucoup bucks on pricey cleansing oils and creams that I've used in the past to melt away makeup without stripping. So, I thought I'd try this cleanser.

What a disappointment! Like many reviewers have said, this cleanser doesn't remove makeup AT ALL -- not even slightly did it remove my makeup, and I wear only tinted moisturizer, bronzer and mascara! It has an unappealing slimey texture and, for some reason, it made my face tingle (which I didn't like given that CeraVe is for sensitive/sensitized skin)!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely hated this product. I have dry skin and am not acne prone but this was a nightmare. My skin had a film after using it and I have never broken out so badly in my life. It's thick like lotion which I expected to like but I couldn't because of how terrible it was. It couldn't remove my makeup (and I don't even wear waterproof) and I had to use a makeup wipe and then cleanse again with another cleanser. I tried it for a few days hoping it would get better but it never did. Truthfully, I threw the bottle away because I wouldn't even give it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

This feels like conditioner rubbed all over your face and then when you try to mix it off it feels like slime. I have combination skin and nowadays rarely get a pimple but the next day after using this cleanser I got a cyst on my cheek right under my eye. It went away within 24 hours. No Cerave cleanser for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that this is a great product if you have a very particular kind of skin ailment - dry skin. I purchased this when I was put on Epiduo by my dermatologist for acne (that's another long story). Epiduo is BP and a retinol, and therefore is EXTREMELY drying. After reading horror stories about what the first month would be like (sheets of skin coming off constantly, bright red irritation), I took my derm's CeraVe recommendation to heart and basically purchased a new skincare regimine (minus the Epiduo, obviously) from them.

And it was worth it. I held off on using this for a few days after a purchased, during which time my skin developed what essentially looked like scales - not okay. I then replaced my normal Mario Badescu (still love him!) cleanser with this morning and evening. In the evening, I ALWAYS use this with my Clarisonic - I don't see much in the way of results in getting my makeup off otherwise. I could feel this helping my parched skin immediately after using it - I desperately needed a cleanser that wouldn't strip my skin of moisture, and this totally delivered. It hasn't broken me out, but I'm on heavy-duty topical and oral anti-acne meds, so I'm not exactly the person to ask about that.

The packaging is functional and hygienic - you can't tell how much you have left just by looking at the bottle, but that's not a deal breaker. The pump has never broken on me, but I'd imagine it'll be inefficient for getting the last bits of cleanser up from the bottom of the bottle. This stuff is pricier than your average drug store cleanser, but it's definitely below the prestige skincare price point.

I don't think that I would recommend this to someone who isn't dealing with severe dryness, though. Again, I have to use it with my Clarisonic to get it to really do any deep cleaning. I could see this turning greasy, if you have normal skin that doesn't need the extra hydration. But if you need something very gentle and hydrating, I'd highly recommend giving this cleanser a try.