October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Multi-care base and top

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I grabbed it on a whim looking for something to use a a base coat on my toes. It smoothed out my ridges and my polish went on like a dream. After two coats of red polish I used it as a top coat followed by drying drops. My nails stayed shiny and chip free for two weeks. I'm now using it on my fingers by itself and I love it even more! Two coats and my nails are smooth, shiny and healthy looking. It doesn't yellow and actually makes my nails look pinker. I'm hard on my hands and I get a full week before I have to remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by janeb123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a disgusting product. It ruins my polish, and makes my nails look worst versus better. Will never be repurchasing and i even threw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm actually kinda surprised there are so many negative reviews about this product. For me, it was a bit pricey but worked SUPER well.
As a base coat:
Filled in the ridges on my toenails
Prevented dark colors from staining
Made the application much easier
As a top coat:
Made the nail polish shine
Mad the polish LASR FOREVER (I swear it's been 3 weeks now and my nail polish is still PERFECT)
So this product worked really well for me, and I would recommend it for anyone that needs a new base/top coat!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nasty, yuck!!! Yes ok as a top coat but never as a base. Polish never dries . Terrible product. Will not be buying again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Got this without reading reviews, arg. It is absolutely terrible, especially as a base. And even comparing this to drugstore bases, like L'Oreal base coat, it falls so short. Too bad that I did not keep the receipt or think twice earlier. Normally, Revlon has quality products.

It works okay as a top coat. It is shiny but not protective. But it doesn't add anything to make the polish last longer. And it just blends into the nail color.

Don't buy it! Save your money! Trying to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kookiekathleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has got to be one of the worst nail bases I have ever tried...I bought it thinking to save money and get a top and base coat in 1, wont ever do that again! It claims to have Multi-care properties like lessening yellow etc, and did nothing. worst of all was like others have said when used as a base it literally repelled the nail polish, caused it to separate and made even the most pigmented nail polishes need 3 coats. ugh, it was just so so bad this is one of those products that I just thought to myself like how on earth did someone at Revlon approve this to be sold...I cannot say enough BAD things about this product, dont waste your money!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Awful, awful. Bubbles up. Mixes with the nail polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Mithrakana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Grabbed it at random, hardly ever paint my nails. This stuff _actually_ seems to repel the polish from my nails; polish is running away from my base coat. Groan, great. Looks like hell after 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, not very impressed. The product itself isn't too bad. As a top ocat, it is actually pretty decent - nothing amazing, but it is fairly shiny. It doesn't make polish last incredibly long, a few days and you still get regular tipwear. As a base coat, it again wasn't too bad, however it's not very protective, well not any more than regular polish, and I like to use a protective, strengthening base coat. My real issue with this is the brush. Maybe it's because I'm and OPI junkie and am used to the wide brush, I found the brush to be so thin it's virtually ineffective. It is incredibly hard to pick up a decent amount of polish at a time, and I often find myself needing to actually hold the bottle upside down to even get any polish on the brush. I can never do more than one nail at a time before needing to dip back into the bottle, and sometimes I can't even finish one nail without needing to dip back into the bottle, like when I'm doing my big toenail. For the price that you pay (nearly $27 AUD!) I was expecting a far better product. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like Revlon nail polishes, so I figured this one would work. Was I ever wrong! I can't use this as a base coat without it causing whatever color I put on top of it to move and slide around my nail. It doesn't seem to hold onto the polish very well. It works fine as a top coat, which is how I will continue to use it, but as a base coat, it makes the nail painting process a nightmare. Will not repurchase.