Revlon Multi-care base and top

1.9

on 1/19/2015 10:42:00 PM

Not a good base or top coat. As a base it doesn't do much at all and as a top coat it makes my nails sticky and never seems to dry. I regret buying this without reading the reviews first, Revlon usually has great nail polish products.

on 12/21/2014 9:28:00 PM

I am regret about how I brought this product before reading the reviews.
This is not a good base nor top = =

As base, although I tried to apply it as thin as I could, it still mixed with my polish when I apply the second stroke.
As top, it mixes with my polish every time. E.v.e.r.y t.i.m.e.
Top coat for ten nails, only succeed once.

As conclusion, it is an awful base. It is an okay top besides the face that it is really difficult to apply on.

on 9/19/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I grabbed it on a whim looking for something to use a a base coat on my toes. It smoothed out my ridges and my polish went on like a dream. After two coats of red polish I used it as a top coat followed by drying drops. My nails stayed shiny and chip free for two weeks. I'm now using it on my fingers by itself and I love it even more! Two coats and my nails are smooth, shiny and healthy looking. It doesn't yellow and actually makes my nails look pinker. I'm hard on my hands and I get a full week before I have to remove it.

on 6/15/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a disgusting product. It ruins my polish, and makes my nails look worst versus better. Will never be repurchasing and i even threw it out.

on 4/22/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm actually kinda surprised there are so many negative reviews about this product. For me, it was a bit pricey but worked SUPER well.
As a base coat:
Filled in the ridges on my toenails
Prevented dark colors from staining
Made the application much easier
As a top coat:
Made the nail polish shine
Mad the polish LASR FOREVER (I swear it's been 3 weeks now and my nail polish is still PERFECT)
So this product worked really well for me, and I would recommend it for anyone that needs a new base/top coat!

on 12/4/2013 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Nasty, yuck!!! Yes ok as a top coat but never as a base. Polish never dries . Terrible product. Will not be buying again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has got to be one of the worst nail bases I have ever tried...I bought it thinking to save money and get a top and base coat in 1, wont ever do that again! It claims to have Multi-care properties like lessening yellow etc, and did nothing. worst of all was like others have said when used as a base it literally repelled the nail polish, caused it to separate and made even the most pigmented nail polishes need 3 coats. ugh, it was just so so bad this is one of those products that I just thought to myself like how on earth did someone at Revlon approve this to be sold...I cannot say enough BAD things about this product, dont waste your money!

on 9/5/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Awful, awful. Bubbles up. Mixes with the nail polish.

on 3/14/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Grabbed it at random, hardly ever paint my nails. This stuff _actually_ seems to repel the polish from my nails; polish is running away from my base coat. Groan, great. Looks like hell after 2 coats.

on 3/1/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Again, not very impressed. The product itself isn't too bad. As a top ocat, it is actually pretty decent - nothing amazing, but it is fairly shiny. It doesn't make polish last incredibly long, a few days and you still get regular tipwear. As a base coat, it again wasn't too bad, however it's not very protective, well not any more than regular polish, and I like to use a protective, strengthening base coat. My real issue with this is the brush. Maybe it's because I'm and OPI junkie and am used to the wide brush, I found the brush to be so thin it's virtually ineffective. It is incredibly hard to pick up a decent amount of polish at a time, and I often find myself needing to actually hold the bottle upside down to even get any polish on the brush. I can never do more than one nail at a time before needing to dip back into the bottle, and sometimes I can't even finish one nail without needing to dip back into the bottle, like when I'm doing my big toenail. For the price that you pay (nearly $27 AUD!) I was expecting a far better product. Wouldn't recommend.