April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Multi-care base and top

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nasty, yuck!!! Yes ok as a top coat but never as a base. Polish never dries . Terrible product. Will not be buying again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Got this without reading reviews, arg. It is absolutely terrible, especially as a base. And even comparing this to drugstore bases, like L'Oreal base coat, it falls so short. Too bad that I did not keep the receipt or think twice earlier. Normally, Revlon has quality products.

It works okay as a top coat. It is shiny but not protective. But it doesn't add anything to make the polish last longer. And it just blends into the nail color.

Don't buy it! Save your money! Trying to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kookiekathleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has got to be one of the worst nail bases I have ever tried...I bought it thinking to save money and get a top and base coat in 1, wont ever do that again! It claims to have Multi-care properties like lessening yellow etc, and did nothing. worst of all was like others have said when used as a base it literally repelled the nail polish, caused it to separate and made even the most pigmented nail polishes need 3 coats. ugh, it was just so so bad this is one of those products that I just thought to myself like how on earth did someone at Revlon approve this to be sold...I cannot say enough BAD things about this product, dont waste your money!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lillimariel

Awful, awful. Bubbles up. Mixes with the nail polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Mithrakana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Grabbed it at random, hardly ever paint my nails. This stuff _actually_ seems to repel the polish from my nails; polish is running away from my base coat. Groan, great. Looks like hell after 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, not very impressed. The product itself isn't too bad. As a top ocat, it is actually pretty decent - nothing amazing, but it is fairly shiny. It doesn't make polish last incredibly long, a few days and you still get regular tipwear. As a base coat, it again wasn't too bad, however it's not very protective, well not any more than regular polish, and I like to use a protective, strengthening base coat. My real issue with this is the brush. Maybe it's because I'm and OPI junkie and am used to the wide brush, I found the brush to be so thin it's virtually ineffective. It is incredibly hard to pick up a decent amount of polish at a time, and I often find myself needing to actually hold the bottle upside down to even get any polish on the brush. I can never do more than one nail at a time before needing to dip back into the bottle, and sometimes I can't even finish one nail without needing to dip back into the bottle, like when I'm doing my big toenail. For the price that you pay (nearly $27 AUD!) I was expecting a far better product. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like Revlon nail polishes, so I figured this one would work. Was I ever wrong! I can't use this as a base coat without it causing whatever color I put on top of it to move and slide around my nail. It doesn't seem to hold onto the polish very well. It works fine as a top coat, which is how I will continue to use it, but as a base coat, it makes the nail painting process a nightmare. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I completely agree with the review by Luminousfeline below. I was almost disgusted to see the effect this base coat had on the colour I applied. The base, though dry to the touch, seemed to almost 'melt through' the colour, and pooled in a way that left it impossible to repair. Because I was using a shade close to blood red, the effect was actually sort of gory!
As a topcoat, the drying time is mostly what puts me off. I too have painted my nails in the evening, say 6-ish, gone to bed at 11, and have woken to find dents and imprints on my nails. This one is so not worth it...I'll finish it as a topcoat for when I'm using a metallic polish that doesn't show imperfections as easily, or perhaps for toenails. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by luminousfeline

This was my first base coat. It was an awful choice.

This product takes a long long LONG time to dry. Even when you think it is dry, it is not dry. If you use it as a base coat, even if you think you have let it dry, it won't dry and your nail polish will bubble. Lots of bubbles. When you use it as a top coat, even after 2 hours of drying time, it won't really be dry. If you paint your nails and 2 hours later go to bed, you will wake up with smudged/creased/imprinted/messed up surfaces.

Additionally, there is something about this product's formula that repels nail polish. You can watch the nail polish crawling away from the base coat and pooling weirdly as you apply it. The first coat after this product almost always has streaks and pulls away to leave unpainted potholes. This can result in weird hills and valleys in the polish that don't even out with subsequent coats.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This base coat + top coat will make your nail polish apply in a streaky manner and won't do anything to prevent it from chipping. It does not provide a smooth surface for your nail polish color. I always thought that the reason my nail polish turned out streaky was due to a mixture of bad technique and a bad nail polish (although it didn't make sense because I always use essie). Turns out it was this stupid product because the problem disappeared after I read negative reviews and decided to change base coats. You do not know how many hours i wasted removing my nail polish and putting it back on just to see if i could possibly get rid of the streakiness.
Spend a little more $$$ and just buy separate base coats and top coats from a better brand. The only good thing about this product was its beautiful frosted glassy bottle. nothing else, unfortunately.