November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by spf08

It works amazingly on my skin! It really is refreshing and leave your skin squeaky-clean with a slightly-cool-menthol feel. I use it twice a day; in the morning and at night before my bed time. I have combination skin, with excessive oil on my T-zone, and this facial wash really help me reduce the oily part of my skin. It really reduce the shine on my face during the day. And this facial wash really wash away all the dirt.

But sometimes this facial wash dried my skin even before I towel-dried it, and I don't know why. Overall, I love this product! Definitely would re-purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPomPom

I think its a great product esp for those with oily skin im on my 2nd tube. I love this product it and all of the seawood collection seems to fit my skin type and smells amazing for me. However, it may leave your face a little dry afterwards which why I deducted a point.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by snowkitten0

Already on the 3rd tube of cleanser! Great stuff I would say. I have combination skin whereby parts of my face (like my cheeks especially) are oiler as compared to the areas like my T-zone. I don't have sensitive skin so this product works wonderful for me, it removes the excess oil while not drying out the skin.

A little tip here, do not squeeze too much from the tube, a little goes a long way. One tube of the cleanser actually last around 3 months or more for me.

Pricing wise its pretty standard for body shop items. It's being sold for $19.90 SGD here in Singapore. But for something which lasts me quite a while, it's pretty affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by makeitbitter

This facial wash is suitable for oily and combination skin, just like what it says. I love this facial wash and I'm currently using my second tube. It does not leave my skin dry after wash, and it really helps to reduce oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily skin during my teenage days, and Neutrogena saved me from that, but now on my mid 20s, my skin goes from oily to combination, and i have visible pores. i hardly find any suitable product that minimise the pores at the same time gives my skin a healthy, balance glow ... I've used so many cleanser before, this isn't the best at its price. Impressed on the first use, but no more. i purchased the starter kit, alongside with day and night treatment, everything wasn't good on my skin, it breakouts, looking dull ... i woke up with new breakouts, i only use it to finish it, but i only use the day and night treatment 3 times a week. really a disappointment as the product claimed to clarify and balance, nourish and protect. but i hardly felt any ... for my best cleansing experience so far, i've used Palmer's Cocoa Scrub follow with Aqualabel Cleansing foam, a good combo for my skin type ( combination + pores + produce oil when skin is dry )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So, I'm a HUGE fan of the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Body Shop so I figured of course I'd love this too! Well, I'm using it up but overall I'm not too impressed. It's just, meh. TBS's website calls it "A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime." Well, I'll agree that it's mild, so that's good for a lot of people, however, I wouldn't call this a "deep cleanser." It's great if you have minimal makeup on and washable mascara but this doesn't remove darker shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner OR waterproof mascara very well at all. Once I washed my face with this after removing my eye makeup with Clinique's Take The Day Off MU Remover, what a HUGE mistake! Clinique's MU remover is slightly oily and all this wash did was just push it around and got my whole face all oily. After 2 washes it was still oily and yucky and I had to wash my face with Dove Beauty Bar (my good old HG facesaver!) to get the remainder of the oil, makeup and grime off my face. I would definitely not repurchase this again, I prefer a deeper cleanse for my face so I'll be sticking with my Dove Beauty Bar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as foaming gel cleansers go, this Seaweed cleanser for combo/oily skin by The Body Shop is alright. I prefer my cleansers to be very deep cleansing with a rich lather. I felt like initially it was a decent cleanser, but I need to use a large amount to create a decent amount of lather, it's difficult to rinse off, and I find that I have to use toner to have my face feel completely clean. It works in a pinch, but this would not be a replacement for my Neutrogena Deep Clean or Clinique oily skin cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by violetnitez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The receptionist introduced this to me but it doesn't work well for my oily skin, guess that it was my skin's problem, considering to switch to oxy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love trying different TBS face products since they always have great B2G1 or better offers and all of their products are cruelty free. My go to TBS facewash is The Tea Tree Line and my favorite toner is from The Seaweed line so naturally I decided to try the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash. I like that it lathers well so it works well with my Clarisonic. It is meant for combination/oily skin which is what I have, but for some reason this product leaves my face feeling tight which I hate. I also don't like the perfume scent. In my opinion this is just an ordinary face wash that doesn't deep clean at all. I will not repurchase this and would choose to use a different product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for keeping my skin balanced. Cleans without drying or leaving that tight feeling (yuck), and does not irritate my skin. It does not lather much, but it doesn't need to. In fact, i am glad that it doesn't- lather=chemicals. I apply a small amount and then work it in with a complexion brush. Good stuff!