October 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara Black Sapphire 710 for Blue Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My eyes are brown, but I like to use a dark blue mascara because it seems to make my eyes look brighter. Black Sapphire doesn't clump, and it volumizes and lengthens slightly. It costs less than US$10.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by peachmoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Despite the colour in the tube, this just looks normal black when it's on the eyes. I haven't done a comparison of how much my eyes pop with this vs normal mascara, but it probably helps a little? I wear this everyday since it is subtle and there is nothing worse to me than clumped eyelashes (that even makeup reviewers often have??), which I avoid completely with this brush. Nothing outstanding, but the product doesn't boast great curl (not that I've noticed a problem) or lengthening so its selling point is more on enhancing the colour of your eyes. I'll have to pay more attention to that aspect and edit this review sometime. I mostly bought this because it was $17, which is on the cheap side for mascara in Australia, and because I have a bunch of more dramatic mascaras for night wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my every-day mascara, and I love it! It does exactly what I want it to do, just make my eyelashes look thicker. I have long and curled eyelashes naturally so this is able to just make them look more noticeable. I can occasionally see some navy blue shades to it, but to me it really doesn't matter. I have been using this for about 2 or so years now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess the fact that I've been continually buying this mascara for years speaks for itself. I don't know if I'd say it enhances your eye colour, but it's a nice colour and thickens/lengthens nicely. I use the waterproof one and it lasts a lot longer than most other waterproofs I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by GingerSwagg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was an alright product. I have blonde eyelashes, so I tend to be more picky when it comes to mascaras. This turned out to be a sparkly gray mascara (with one coat) with no "eye-popping" qualities, at least not to me. However, it thickened more than I expected, and I thought it would just be a basic mascara. However, I did have to use my eyelash comb to separate my lashes pretty thoroughly. Also, after a few hours, the mascara wore out at the top and was less gray.

Overall: a good casual mascara only meant to be worn if an eyelash comb is available and if only for around 4 hours

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-doesn't sting my eyes
-coats nicly, doesn't clump

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly don't notice this looking blue on my lashes at all, nor do I notice any "brightening" effects to my blue eyes, but this is a really good basic mascara - thickening more than lengthening, stays in place all day. I'm on my second tube of this for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kerowynk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised that the reviews for this aren't more favorable. I've tried a good number of mascaras and this is in my top two. It doesn't clump, gives nice volume and length, has a beautiful subtle color, and has a great applicator. It also didn't dry out like I've have some mascaras do. If you're looking for very obvious color, then keep looking. If you're looking for a good-quality mascara with some very subtle colored shimmer, then definitely give this a try! I also loved the ease with which I can get it off at night. I've had some mascaras that just wouldn't come off until I'd gone over my eyes with remover a dozen times. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinchbeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love it! This is a shimmery gunmetal blue colour which enhances my already blue grey eyes. It darkens my lashes just enough for them to be noticeable (my eyes look silly in black mascara). This is a good product for those who don't want dramatic lashes. The wand allows for perfect application and the formula doesn't clump. I normally am a complainer of mascaras, but have nothing to complain about in this review. However, if this is purchased in 'waterproof' you'll have a heck of a time getting it off. Thankfully, this review is for the non-waterproof formula which does not smudge or flake (Cover Girl's Lash Blast flakes though). I will be letting Cover Girl know I am thrilled with this product so they continue to please happy customers like myself.

EDIT: This mascara dried out so fast and ended up becoming clumpy. I added a couple drops of olive oil (yeah, that was stupid) and ruined the texture of the formula so now it's even more useless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Ugh, I didn't like this mascara very much. Down below, I see some awesome reviews on it and am sorry to be the one to disagree with the pack. I have brown eyes but I got this one because I didn't like the color Covergirl assigned for brown eyes. They told me I should wear a disgusting brown-gold-camo brown type of color on my lashes. Hell no. I got the blue one and it wasn't much of an upgrade. It did not give my lashes the results I was hoping to get. This mascara deposited too much product, giving me too much "volume", which ended up looking clumpy. Also, the product has no lengthening quality to it, so I was stuck with short, fat lashes. Not attractive. It also hardened my lashes, and smells like house paint. However, it wasn't too hard to take off, and it didn't smudge, but it did flake after a while. As for the color, it didn't look blue at all; in fact, contrasting with my usual black eyeliner, it looked silver (because of the shimmer). It has an okay price of $7, so at least it wasn't a regrettable waste of money.