October 24, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega shine - Salsa

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I just purchased Salsa two weeks ago and it looks nothing like the original picture posted for this review. I posted a more accurate picture (2nd Pic, not my personal pic). Salsa is a very cool toned blue based pale pink with lots of small glitter. It's extremely shimmery even for me so one lippie off for that. But, I do still like the color a lot. I love how pigmented Salsa is. This shade always caught my eye but I never purchased it due to fear of it clashing with my skin tone. But, this shade actually works with my NC40 Olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

nc40. this is very pretty on my skintone and looks like a shiny mauvey/pink. its a perfect color on top of any pink or nude lipstick or even on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this gloss with mac snob, wow!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mom2spyboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first nyx mega shine that I purchased. It's a lovely light shimmery pink. It looks good on my pale cool complexion. Beautiful color. The tube pictured here though looks much darker than the tube that I have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

DANG it! This gloss would have been perfect for no-fuss, everyday wear. Perfect color, perfect amount of pigmentation, but...they had to ruin it with the gritty texture and the shizz-ton of sparkles. :( Just for reference, I'm NW15 in MAC, and my lips are always on the dry side, chap very easily, and are quite pigmented. 'Salsa' is a pale pink that isn't too blue-toned, and (as most NYX Mega Shines do), it wears quite comfortably on the lips (even more comfortable if it weren't gritty!). I like that it doesn't give that dated frosted finish, it just makes the lips look plump and juicy. Downside is it lasts about an hour tops, but it wears off gracefully, surprisingly enough. I rated it a 3 instead of a 2 because of that, and as it wore off, I wasn't seeing sparkle residue all over my face! It actually stayed on the lips, and didn't travel anywhere else! I actually don't mind the cherry scent that these glosses have. It's not overpowering, and it fades quickly. I much prefer to have no scent to my lip products, but I can see how the smell of this would instantly turn some people off, as it is a bit, um, childish? But I wouldn't repurchase, mostly because of the thin, gritty, somewhat oily consistency of the gloss, and the seriously lacking staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Rachell32480

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

For reference, I'm NW45/NC50/Revlon ColorStay Cappucino with full pigmented lips. This is a shimmery hot pink that is very wearable, even for the office. It looks wonderful on my skin and a favorite of mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

Meh. This is my first NYX purchase and I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed. This is a sheer medium pink gloss loaded with sparkles. I say sparkles because of shimmer because of the fact that the glitters are super grainy.

It also has a strong "cherry medicine" smell that I could definitely do without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the NYX megashine glosses in general, and salsa is no exception. I have a lot of natural pigment to my lips, so it is not the "pale" or "baby" pink on me a lot of reviewers say. On my lips, it is more of a light berry pink. It is really pretty though, and looks fairly natural. The best thing is there is no frost to this at all (which a lot of NYX products have). [UPDATE: While it is ON, it does not look frosty. After it rubs off it does leave a little bit of tiny silver sparkles on my lips.] Great amount of shine, and goes on smooth/slick, not sticky or gloppy. Good flavor but that fades quickly once it is on. Lasts well for a lip gloss. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes off in kind of a stringy way, which is annoying. Good price and cute packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SHADE DESCRIPTION: shimmery light pink

PROS

- pigmented
- not sticky

CONS

- gritty
- leaves glitter residue

COMMENTS: Like the color, but this stuff feels gritty on the lips. It also leaves a ton of glitter residue once it's off.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this gloss at Ulta this past wknd on their Buy 2, Get 1 free sale. This gloss is absolutely beautiful.. it's a baby pink color, but applies somewhat sheer and not opaque. It is not as thick/sticky as MAC glosses.. so it doesn't have the same staying power as MAC glosses, but for the price it is a great buy. After the Buy 2, Get 1 discount was applied I think I paid around $8 for all 3 glosses! Can't beat that :)