September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Skincare - Body - Aura Cacia - Sweet Almond, Skin Care Oil, CERTIFIED ORGANIC

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Superfancy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am happy with this as a nighttime moisturizer for the face. I was surprised at how heavy this oil is. It is much too heavy for me to use as a daytime moisturizer. It hasn't produced any miracles, but does the job without clogging my pores or making my combination skin oilier. I would advise against using this oil as a "precleanser" to remove makeup. I tried it once. While it immediately dissolved my makeup, it didn't remove it. It left a thick mixture of oil and makeup on my skin. It was difficult to remove, even with warm water and a washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this oil liberally on damp skin after I get out of the shower. I sinks in pretty well as I never feel overly greasy after using it. I just feel moisturized. While I didn't buy it for this purpose, I have noticed that acne scars I had on my upper arms have begun to fade since I began using almond oil--perhaps it's the Vitamin E.
My only complaint with the product is the packaging. There is a rubber top through which you have to squeeze the product. You have to squeeze hard and sometimes too much comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by choxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product. I only use it just for my body..I mix it in Eucerin body lotion and the rest is history..I get this glow that I am always complimented on..it has changed my skin..hopefully wholefoods won't discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only oil that I can apply straight onto my face without clogging my pores and breaking out. Of course, I don't slather it on. I just use a few drops at a time and I don't use it everyday. Not surprisingly, it moisturizes and tones fabulously. The bottle cap is annoying; it has a layer of rubber cut in an x in the squeeze opening (I know that's a terrible description) which stops drips but requires a lot more force to get anything out. I always end up squeezing way more into my hand than I actually want. It's not a huge problem, I just rub the extra oil on my hands or arms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the organic version of the Aura Cacia Sweet Almond which has a brown cap, and costs about $14. Its sole ingredient is organic sweet almond oil. (The version with a white cap costs about $6, and contains Vitamin E.)
Very moisturizing and perfect for winter dryness. I've tried mixing it with my regular moisturizer, and also just putting it directly on my skin after cleansing. I like the white cap version, but I think the brown cap version absorbs better and feels less greasy, probably because it doesn't contain Vitamin E. Also has a slight woodsy scent, while the white-cap version has no scent at all. I've had no break-outs with both versions of the oil.
All in all, thumbs up. I will buy this again when I run out. continued >>