Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser + Scrub

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Glycerin, Oxidized Polyethylene, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sorbitol, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Salicylic Acid, PEG 100, BHT, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol 5/30/09

on 11/22/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This was an impulse buy at the drugstore. I don't have a problem with pores, but I had run out of Clinique's 7 day scrub, and in need of exfoliation.

Olay cleanser + scrub is too drying to use alone, so I mix it with Neutrogena's ultra gentle hydrating cleanser. Texture is creamy, and slightly foamy. Beads are gentle on the skin; however, it does the job of exfoliating very well. After using this product, moisturizer sinks right in, and complexion has a glow.

Product is packaged in a pump bottle ~ hygienic and convenient to use. Scent is fresh and clean.

When this runs out, going to check out Olay's other products for cleansing/scrubs formulated for dry/sensitive skin.

i started using this cleanser in december and have since ceased using it because i had found a cleanser from garnier that works better than this and works wonders. this is an okay cleanser, but it's not great and doesn't do what it says.

this cleanser has small, little beads (or whatever?) in it that scrubs your face and removes any dead skin cells. while using this cleanser, i do note that it made my skin very soft and nice, but it did not minimize my pores in the slightest. not only that, but i found that it added to my oily t-zone, and it did not fight my acne or prevent it. i try to use a cleanser that not only cleans, but repels stubborn acne, which this did not do. it did take off my makeup, and it made my skin soft, but other than that it didn't do much. i am giving it a three rating because i love the packaging on this cleanser, and it did slough away dead skin cells which was nice. it also wasn't too expensive, which is a plus.

overall, this cleanser wasn't for really me, and i will not repurchase.

on 3/30/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Not for Sensitive Skin! ! !

I have been using this scrub for a week and it broke me out so bad...
I needed some pore minimizing and thought this would help but it didn't.
I would say this product is for people who have really bad pores and need
something strong.

The only good thing for me was that it did make my face soft but it made it bumby
with it breaking me out.

So it good if you need it for extreme pores, Bad if you have sensitive skin and small pores!

on 2/20/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Tried it last night for the first time. Nice fragrance and as soon as you put it on your face and spread it foams up nicely. Left my skin feeling very clean and didn't feel dry or tight at all. I will continue using it and will update to see if it actually shrinks pores like it claims. So far so good though. It's a tad expensive $8 at Walgreens but you do get a lot of product and i like the pump dispenser. Overall like it. But will update in a week or so to see what type of difference it makes in my skin.

on 1/19/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I freakin love this cleanser! I bought it about a year ago and finished it up. I loved it the first time around because it removed my makeup, even my waterproof stuff and for some reason I decided to get a different cleanser. The other cleanser doesn't remove makeup at all, but this one does awesome at that. I use this after my cleansing oil and this removes the rest of my makeup. I have oily/combo skin that's not sensitive at all and not problematic. The only con to this is that if you don' t leave the cap on in the shower, it builds up this brown scum inside. The scum doesn't actually touch the product though, it just looks disgusting.

on 9/29/2013 5:21:00 AM

my fave olay cleanser. inlike the half vleanser scrub combo. bulky bottle but thats okay

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser off and on for a few years, and am impressed. It has kept my skin relatively clear under normal circumstances. Outside of major changes that caused my skin to react adversely (i.e. began taking b/c pills and occasional increased stress) this has been my HG cleanser. It is gentle enough to use twice daily yet effective enough to keep my skin visibly clear and smooth with regular use. I absolutely adore how the formula is keenly swirled in a pump bottle...makes for eye appealing swag and clever use. The scent is light and fresh and the foaming action is a plus because it produces plenty of lather so you don't need much to get the job done; hence, one bottle can last a while given that you are not using three and four pumps for each wash. At this point, I have repurchased this product at least six to ten times and do not regret not one purchase. It costs approximately $6-$7 depending on where you buy it and that's right on par for drugstore brand cleansers. As a matter of fact, it's cheaper than some other DS brands. Definitely a great product for basic daily use.
~A. Starr

It's a decent cleanser and cleanses fairly well. The microbeads are effective in exfoliating your skin, but yet it is also very gentle. It is bottle is very cleverly designed, the pump pushes up the product, and not a single bit is wasted as a result. However, I didn't quite like the scent of this cleanser. The fragrance reminded me of bathroom refresheners.

on 7/5/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOVE THIS!!! I had the hardest time finding it after I ran out until I found it on amazon. I love this stuff! I use it every night after I wash my make up off. Doesn't dry my skin out. Even my husband uses it lol

on 4/26/2013 2:40:00 PM

Loveeeeeee it!! I use it every morning before I put my face on and it gives a slight glow and gets rid of all the dead skin. It also smells very clean.