July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Complexion Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super soft, doesn't shed, picks up just the right of powdered product, ridiculously cheap and it looks pretty nice too.

I love high end makeup when its worth it but this brush performs just as well if not better than its pricey competitors. I use it for setting or finishing powder and I've also used it for blush (not so great but it's not designed for that).

A powder brush should be quite fluffy and needs to have flattened sides so you can press or pat powders on with the flat edge rather than just dusting them on with the tip (depends on what you're using but most powders need control and a light hand to look good).

I love using this with Benefit's Dandelion and the E.l.f Studio HD Powder. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. I use it everyday. The bristles are soft. It grabs powder well. There is no shredding thus far and it does not bleed dye when you wash it, unlike the powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by YevgeniyaLi

Great price (3$) for a very decent brush! I use it for powder (both pressed and loose) and it can be compared with other more expensive brands (I have sigma brushes, EcoTools, Real techniques, etc.) Itís soft, quite dense and I never had any problems with shedding though I use to wash it every week. Design is also nice, looks professional, I would never say it costs just 3 bucks....:))

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I recently picked it up after my regular white E.l.f. Powder brush started falling apart. This one is a million times better. I use it to set my foundation. The brush is super soft and fluffy, and it picks up just the right amount of product for application. It works just as well as other more expensive brushes that I've tried. And for three bucks, what more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have had this for several years. Can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet especially since I have used it for many purposes and different products. I currently use it to set my foundation with the hourglass ambient lighting powder and it works great for that.

If you are in the market to get a makeup brush for setting powder, use this instead. There's no need to plunge big money on purchasing the expensive hourglass one to set your ambient lighting powder. It definitely works better on pressed powder and for the price, you can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I absolutely adore them.
Great for makeup, its just the price is a bit expensive, otherwise I love the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I can't believe I've only tried this recently. I like big fluffy blush brushes, so this is a great choice for me. I use it to applying my setting powder. It picks up enough product and applies well to my face. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future, and plan to look for some for eye make up application. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding and ive been using it for over 11 months i guess. Definitely recommended for a cheap and good alternative to other brushes on the market. I do have an xo beauty brush that can be used for powder as well but i prefer this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this for my powder, and it works great. You can likely find better for a higher price, but I'm very happy with this brush for now. Recommended if you're looking for a cheap brush for any number of uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush from ELF is really the bomb. Not only is it cheap, it does not shed and it feels so smooth on the skin. It is a value for money brush. Would definitely repurchase should I feel the need for an extra face brush along my other 4 face/powder/blush brushes. Haha!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

I can't believe I've only tried this now. I have the tom ford blush brush, bobbi brown blush brush and the real techniques blush brush. I like all of them but lately I noticed my Bobbi brown feels a bit stratchy and up my TF seems too expensive to abuse. For everyday I notice I use more of the real techniques one, its soft enough and I don't feel I have to baby it as much so I decided to try an elf brush. I don't feel one should pay a lot for synthetic brushes so I decided to try elf and I'm so glad I did. It is seriously the softest. If you like big fluffy blush brushes, this is a great choice. It is the least dense blush brush I have but not too much that it does not pick up product. It is almost the same size as the bobbi brown. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry. The packaging is fine, it does not look really cheap. I can defintely travel with this, abuse it and not be too careful with it.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future. One thing I cannot answer is the longevity. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding, only time will tell but I've bought a $30+ brush and it shed like crazy, a $3 brush is less annoying than a $30 one. If it does last a while I would definitely get back ups of this brush because I travel so much and I abuse my brushes, I drop them, I'm heavy handed with my blush, I wash them with bar soap. I feel brushes shouldn't be babied too much, I can't be bothered with buying brush cleaners, this one washes well and has kept it's shape, I hope I will enjoy other styles as much as I like this one.