October 1, 2014 | 1249 users online

Shampoo - De Lorenzo - Novafusion Colour Care Shampoo - Silver

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by jackiesaurus

A really good toner shampoo and conditioner! The hampoo is a deep bluey purple, and really gets rid of the orangey dark yellowey tones in my bleach/dyed blonde hair making it more a more silvery blonde! My only complaint is that the shampoo is very drying! Lathering and leaving it on my ends for even 2 minutes dries it out horribly. And this also means the conditioner needs to be super strength in order to put the moisture back in. Unfortunately, the conditioner isn't moisturizing enough to counter that.

However, us the shampoo for 5-7m, then rinse and apply a mask treatment, then rinse and work through with the conditioner and rinse, and voila problem solved ;)

This gets 5/5 for its colouring abilities, 4/5 for scent which is a rare interesting scent that smells a little herby and carrotey, and sadly 2/5 for its moisturizing abilities.

But because its main purpose is the toning component, and the dryness is easily fixed with my instant hair mask (Garnier met in mask), I would give this product a 4/5 overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best toner I've ever come across! I'd given up on many colour specific shampoos and conditioners, because I found that they did not moisturise my dry, brittle hair enough and that when dyed blonde, I often still got the dreaded brassy yellow colour regardless. A friend recommended I try the De Lorenzo silver shampoo and wow, this stuff is amazing! Hair salons charge a fortune for toning hair when this can just be used from home! I use this when I notice my hair is getting a bit yellower than I desire, probably about once a fortnight or so. It really really REALLY tones hair well, so that also means you have to be careful with how long you leave it on for because it will visibly change the colour of your hair. This stuff is heavy duty, and so naturally dries my hair out heaps, so I would not recommend using this as a shampoo alone. I apply this for only about a minute or two, then go through with my usual shampoo/condition routine. Because I use Matrix's hydrating shampoo and conditioner, my hair still feels moisturised afterwards. If you're looking for a way out of that nasty brassy look, then this is the shampoo for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by teenspirit93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best purple shampoo I've ever used in terms of it's toning abilities. It is a deep purplish-blue in colour, has quite a runny consistency and a nice herbal scent. When I was blonde I used to use this every other wash and leave it on for about 3 minutes in the shower. Some people complain that this brand of shampoo doesn't cleanse well and this is true if you wash once, but if you rinse and repeat it frothes up really well and cleanses nicely. It can be quite drying but I used it with the novafusion conditioner which is really moisturising so it didn't matter too much. Also, be careful not to leave it on for too long as it's extremely pigmented!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by scrim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

De Lorenzo is an Australian brand that produces hair products for hair salons. you wouldn't find it in the supermarkets. it is rather expensive, but is well worth your money especially because De Lorenzo is an environment friendly brand. I use their silver shampoo every time I wash my hair. it is fantastic for blondes as it takes the brassiness and orange tone out of the hair. I love it because you don't have to wreck your hair by toning it everyweek, instead leave it in your hair for how ever long you want , I normally leave it in for 5 minutes as I love my blonde ashy and wash it out. the colour of it is purple which is pretty funky but it does not leave your hair purple:) very highly recommended product and brand. I love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok I'm not blonde anymore but when i was this was the only purple shampoo I would use. This will remove any and all brassiness from blonde hair, it is a little drying but nothing a good conditioner/masque wouldn't fix. The pump bottle is a brilliant idea (if you purchase the large bottle the smaller one comes in a squeezy bottle) but I found tended to leak a little. Overall it lasted me ages and for the price was most definitely worth it! This is a fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by rhinostones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product only today, it cost me $24.75 AUD for a 250ml bottle, and the hairdresser recommended it to me because I asked for "a really strong purple shampoo." I'd read reviews on this, and didn't understand what people meant about it being drying - now I do :)

I've only used it once, and it's a very dark blue purplish colour, fairly different from the Fudge Clean Blonde I normally use, which is just a very dark purple. I first washed with Fudge Torture Tonic shampoo, and followed with De Lorenzo silver, and it was VERY drying, but it did really seem to work. I hope it gets turns my hair silverish as I use it more, the only complaint I have is that it's very drying, so it's not exactly a cleansing shampoo, more of a colouring shampoo. Nothing a good conditioner or treatment can't fix :) I still wait to see if I will buy this product again though..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by chchchchchch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I was blonde (which I will be again in a week!), I used to use this stuff religiously. I wanted a very, very silver looking blonde, so I'd leave this in for about 30 minutes. It's quite drying, but that can be easily fixed with a conditioner or treatment. Great value, and a great product, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG for a very long time, Id use it to tone my hair a few times a week and it would keep it lovely and platinum. A word of warning though this stuff is very very strong, leave it in for a few minutes when you first apply and you might not see a hige diffrence but the second time, I suggest staring at a mirror because your hair colour is about to change very quickly. That being said, It is very good for a deep tone if you have lots of yellow, and it will last you a while, its the most concentrated shampoo toner on the market in Australia, it is a very deep almost ink like blue/purple colour. I now only use this as a toner every two or something months after I bleach my hair, I leave this on for about half a minute and Im good. Otherwise I just cant use it anymore, its as if my hair has become sensitive to it, or perhaps theyve changed the formulation when they re-did the packaging, who knows. But it dries out my hair too much to use this weekly, and it also changes to purple in my hair almost instantly. I now use redken, but I still use this as a post bleaching toner, instead of a shampoo, its much more gentle than actual toners and saves you paying 50+ for a toning job in a salon, same effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I tried this product after I'd had my hair highlighted and the salon owner recommended it as the strongest shampoo for toning highlights - I'd run out of my usual violet shampoo and this one had been recommended to me before so I thought I'd give it a go. Here in New Zealand it costs NZ$32.50 for a 250ml bottle, so it's quite expensive. And for the price, isn't the best out there - it's excellent as a toner, but the cleansing qualities leave something to be desired; when I used it a few times in a row (my hair requires a lot of toning to stop the brassies!), my hair was so greasy and had so much build-up in it, it looked like I'd poured oil on it. Epic fail. So now (I'm still working my way through the bottle) I just use it as a toner after shampooing - I use a regular shampoo, then use this one, then condition, and it's awesome. I usually use Joico Color Endure Violet or Schwarzkopf Bonacure Silver Reflex, which are cheaper and, IMO, way better products - Schwarzkopf is my HG and I'm definitely going back to it when I run out of this. But in saying that, now that I know how to use this one in a way that's good for me, I would consider buying it again - its toning power is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is made by the Australian brand De Lorenzo. It cost me roughly $19 (AUD) for a 250mL bottle from a local hair salon.

After staying loyal to my usual shampoo (L'Oreal Shine Blonde) for a few years I decided to try something different, something cheaper. I turned to the ever famous (well, at least here it is anyway) De Lorenzo Silver Shampoo which on the website states that it "adds subtle highlights and reduces gold/brassy tones".

This is quite strong compared to the L'Oreal and Goldwell shampoos for blonde hair and is much thinner in consistency. It's a deep purple colour and has a plant-like, herb scent and like most toning shampoos this is more of a colorant and has a very minimal lathering effect. It does what it says it does and works very well in removing brassy tones from my blonde hair but unfortunately I find that my hair needs a toning shampoo on a more regular basis and this product isnít suitable for that. I have also found it to be quite drying so I've decided to go back to my LíOreal Shine Blonde S&C that I use in conjunction with products from the Kerastase Resistance line.

Update: I've discovered HG status in Joico Color Endure Voilet Shampoo and Conditioner.