October 1, 2014 | 2029 users online

Eyeliner - Ulta - Precision Liquid Liner

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner on clearance. I like that it is compact and wanted to have something for my business travel.This is a felt-marker liquid eyeliner, not the best. When I see the term "precision" I don't expect a felt-marker, so that is a bit misleading. Like others have said, it is very watery and requires multiple attempts to build color, not what is expected or desired and it fades very quickly. I won't buy again and cannot recommend. I still think Maybelline liquid eyeliner with the brush is the best but experimenting is all part of the game! I gave this a 2 rating just because of the price but not the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the fact that is compact, very cute. But when you apply it, it is not defined. There are spots missing no matter how many times I go over it. Very frustrated. Plus the fact that people on here are buying it at ulta for $3 and my ulta sold it for double.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I bought this eyeliner on sale for about $3 or so. I don't use liquid eyeliner everyday, but definitely one-three times weekly. It's a marker liquid eyeliner, which seems to be how most are made these days. I prefer a brush, but that's just me. Anyway, the felt tip is not a deal-breaker for me. (I typically purchase a new liquid eyeliner with my mascara every three months, otherwise I would lost track of how old they get!) I believe I only got about a little less than a month out of this eyeliner. It dried up so quickly.

At first, it was okay, but still felt I had to go over the line a few times for more definition. After that, I had to go over it many, many times. Soon after, I was unable to get any product out whatsoever. It's only 0.015 oz., but still! I should have at least gotten 2-3 months out of it. Not less than one month. I'm very surprised, because I've had good experiences with Ulta products in the past. Definitely disappointed, and probably won't buy again. Even though the price point was quite low, it's pointless if I'm just going to have to replace it after a few uses! The only situation I can think of in which I would repurchase is maybe for travelling/quick touch ups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Nice eyeliner...for the couple of applications that I was able to get out of it before it dried up. Drying out in one month has to be a record for a liquid eyeliner. Fortunately, I got it on sale for $4, so no big loss. But I definitely would not repurchase it even if it was less than that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This is a piece of crap!! I was only able to get 5 wears out of this and it was dried out! Looks like im not the only one this happened to after reading several other reviews. Shame on you ULTA!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by amypaige1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a Saturday, it was fine on Sunday and didn't work at all on Monday. I read here to shake it up, did that and although some color showed up in a line on my hand it was pale and bad-looking on my lash-line. No matter how cheap you find this, unles you want a one-time-only product, stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Ulta and, thanks to the combination of a sale and a coupon, walked out with $52 worth of eyeliner for $15. Man, I was STOKED. Also, confused (6 products cost less than 5). I bought 5 Ulta automatic eye-liner in teal blue (which I use daily, on my lower lash line), and this precision liquid eyeliner in 'carbon black.'

I've been playing around with this for four days straight, including reapplying before showering and sleeping. Well, that's what happens when one has avoided liquid eyeliner for years, because it seemed so intimidating- and now all of a sudden it does not!

All these years, I avoid applying eyeliner to my upper lid because it seems so obvious- that thick black Cleopatra-esque line, screaming HI I'M WEARING MAKEUP!

But, after nonstop tinkering, I've *finally* learned how to apply liquid eyeliner. Well, only on my right eye. Left eye still has telltale shaky-hands syndrome in the application, unfortunately.

However, it took me 4 days to realize that you're supposed to shake the tube before each use. Still, the color is noticeably less black than it was the first day.

I got a lot of happiness out of this small $3 tube, which was my first experience with liquid eyeliner. Gained a modicum of confidence. Jettisoned the idea that liquid eyeliner invariably looked bad on the upper lid.

But I would not buy this again. After using it for several days, the remaining color already seems less potent in the tube. And it fades a few hours after application. And I don't think it's waterproof.

Still, for $3, I've been having a lot of fun with this. And I can't help giggling whenever I think of the husband's reaction as we drove to the Ulta store. He smiled (bemusedly), seeing how excited I was to use my coupon and replenish my supply of teal blue eyeliners. "You know, you should get something else, besides the blue. Get something new and treat yourself!" Sweet, right? I'm sure he was happy that my huge splurge was an additional $3. Which I've then been painting on pretty much round the clock.

So, yeah. I would not buy this again. But I am enjoying it now. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

This is by far the worst product ive purchased from ulta cosmetics. It is pigmented and full of product at first, but a few days later (not even a week) the felt tip bends off and the color is left blotchy. When doing eyeliner or a winged eye, the line does not connect.

Do not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I love the idea of this product, the product itself has dried up a little to fast for me however. It lasted maybe two weeks, and now the color is super light. I liked the price, it was only $2 on sale which I think its amazing for the idea. I love the packaging cause it's small and it makes it easier for me to get a precise line. I love the felt tip, it's longer and it's easy to get a nice line on one stroke. Maybe I just had a bad one, or maybe I didn't put the lid on tight enough. I may try the product again and i'm hoping this one is better because I LOVE the idea I just need the product to not dry out, and be highly pigmentated.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

CHEMICAL BURN. in the shape of where the liquid liner was. Will never buy again. Couldn't wear makeup on my eyes for two days.