Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 004 Sandstorm

4.1

on 8/23/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this unexpectedly. I forgot my mac studio fix powder at home while I was out of town and didn't want to buy a new one just yet. I got this in shade 004 sandstorm and use nc30 in studio fix powder. I think it matches my skin very well. A little bit lighter than the studio fix but nothing to noticeable. Wasn't expecting much from this. It does last as long as it says and just as long as my studio fix. Coverage isn't full.. but maybe light to medium. The thing that got me surprised was that when my face did get shiny and blotted my face and reapplied with my rimmel.. it didn't get cakey at all! It still look really good. With my studio fix you can definitely tell. I really loved it after that! Definitely will repurchase again.. and for the price.. I think I bought mine for maybe 5-6 bucks from target.

on 6/11/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One truly great find! Don't be fooled by the inexpensive price, this powder delivers as promised. It come in a cheap plastic container which could easily break if you are the type to chuck it in your purse but I haven't had any issues with the packaging or the product breaking yet. It does not come with a puff or brush but who doesn't have a brush to use? I have oily skin and find that I rarely have to reapply this during the day, maybe only on really hot and humid days otherwise it lasts a good 5 or 6 hours before the shine starts to show through. Best of all, the powder is silky and doesn't look cakey on my skin. This is a great drugstore product that I tend to keep at home because it doesn't have a mirror but you really can't complain given the price. I think I paid around $4 on sale.

on 5/30/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i can't tell you how many of these 'shine control' and 'oil absorbing' powders i've tried in my life. i have combination skin. in the warmer weather, my T zone gets oily and it's just always that way. i've tried primers, matte foundations, those stupid blotting wipes, countless powders. people will ask me, ''why are you sweating?'' when i'm not sweating at all, my face is just greasy! lol at 33, i was just about to give it up and accept it as one of my not-so-desirable features.
i picked this baby up at Walgreens on a whim, not expecting it to work at all...well.. surprise!!! :-)
this stuff is by no means a miracle cure for chronic greasy face lol but it does work really well and the best part is, it doesn't look like a TON of makeup caked on your face.
i put it to the true test. i applied some in my oily areas and then proceeded to clean the house for about 3 hours. dirty, sweaty work. when i looked in the mirror, i was shocked!
no nasty oil slick, makeup running down my face and powder caked in the creases like it normally is. so i applied just a little more before hitting the gym.. same result! i was just a little shiny, and again no powder all caked up anywhere.
the coverage is very nice and natural looking, too. this might just be my holy grail summer powder. the only thing i really dislike is the packaging. no compact, no mirror, no brush.. just a pot of powder with a lid that's a little difficult to remove.
i can forgive all that, though. for the price, this is an excellent matte powder. i will definitely be repurchasing!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is what I bought when I was looking for a reliable powder that I can buy again and again. It's proved itself to be that, and it's now a favorite of mine. It doesn't cake on my skin and it keeps the shine away for long. Whenever I finish it, I just buy the same again. I love it.

on 8/5/2014 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am in love with this product. I have been using it for over 5 years, and will continue to use it. I am a teenager who does have breakouts, and deals with oily skin on a daily basis. It keeps the oils under control and covers breakouts magically. I love love love this product and will continue to repurchase until I find a better powder.

on 7/2/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do quite enjoy this product, I tried the Covergirl Clean oil control powder and Rimmel's is better. Although both make me matte upon application, this keepd me matte for longer. Wish this lasted all day, for me it doesn't, but none the less, I like it.

on 5/14/2014 4:20:00 PM

I got this powder in Sandstorm since I read that if I got a shade that matched my very fair skin perfectly, I'd look washed out

This powder lives up to its "shine control" claim, but sometimes it made my combination skin look cakey and mannequin-like. It contains parabens too, which turns me off.

I am now much happier using Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance pressed powder in light.

on 4/11/2014 4:05:00 PM

Had been looking for a good setting powder. Use good foundations, and just want them to set without adding color or looking cakey. I got a pan of this and used it all up (shock, I usually don't have much brand loyalty). When I went to my d/s to repurchase, they were out. (!!) I tried a Wet n Wild powder (did NOTHING to control oil), and Revlon Colorstay (Transparent was ghostly white and also didn't help as much with oil). Thank God my store got it in again! I use it with a big puff, and just kind of pat into skin. It looks airbrushed. Love it!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Im on my second pan and I love this powder. Its sheer so it wont add or change your foundation tone although it brightens a tiny bit for me when I powder my under eye. It stays matt even with my oily combo skin. I work 8 hours and never have to retouch. At the end of the day I still look decent and not looking like an oil slick. Price is unbeatable for what it can do for me too. I doesnt dry my skin even in winter time as long as I moisturize before makeup.

on 3/25/2014 11:21:00 PM

I've been useing this for a few years good powder I use it to set my foundation like revlon colorstay or covergirl 3 in 1 works great I used this shade sandstorm cause it has a yellow undertone great if your nc30 like me give it a try great powder