August 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky Finish Lipstick in Swoonderful

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I bought this lipstick because I loved the fact that it had a natural hue with a slight shimmery effect that would make my lips look fuller an sexy, without straying too much from the 'natural' look. Although a tad too glittery, I must admit that my lips look really nice with this on. What I don't like about this product is how big the bits of glitter are - I can feel them on my lips when I press them together, and I actually feel like this lipstick dries out my lips due to the slight burning sensation I get when I wear it. Therefore due to all this, I moisturize heavily before wearing this, and then put it on. I don't wear it often but especially in dim light, on a date or whatnot this is a good lipstick... Until the kiss, where I would say you might want to wipe it off beforehand.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I settled for Swoonderful when there was no Skinny Dip available in my local Boots store. Swoonderful seemed to be a close match for Skinny Dip (please see my Skinny Dip review!) and it looked quite appealing in the tube.

The next morning I whipped it out and applied it on the train on my way to Uni. I was really shocked to see that the colour was nice but it was so sparkly!! There was a lot of glitter residue and I couldn't think straight for the rest of my commute, thinking people were staring at my glittery lips!

By the time I arrived into my lectures, there was minimal colour there, just glitter and I felt like an idiot. This would have been a lovely lipstick if the sparkle wasn't as intense and I would probably have kept it for parties/night time had I not been strapped for cash and wanted a refund instead.

I went for Skinny Dip when it came in stock and it was the best move I ever made! :) sorry Swoonderful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pricier than MAC lipsticks but far superior in quality and packaging. I love wearing this colour for everyday looks, it's a simple, pink/nude/beige with a gloss finish and subtle micro-glitter. I like the finish, it makes lips look full and moisturised. Staying power isn't fantastic but it's easy to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lincolnsmom921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this lipstick color at Sephora, I knew I had to have it. It just spoke to me. As soon as I got back in the car, it was out of the adorable box and on my lips. Much to my disappointment, as soon as I got home (no eating, drinking or smooching...haha in between) 15 minutes later, nothing remained colorwise, only a garish amount of silver sparkles covered my lips. I was so disappointed. I should have returned it, but wanted to like it so much because the color is so wonderful. I've tried it over and over again by barely applying it, wearing it over lipstick, packing it on, etc. It has so much potential because the formula goes on like a lipstick, but looks fairly glossy. Major disappointment. :-( I've tried it with lip primer, I've tried it with the paint on products that are supposed to make all lipstick long wearing....nothing works.

My advice, if you buy this, be prepared to give it to your teenage sister, daughter, niece, etc. because it is a perfect product for a teenager.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute all time favourite lipstick , I must be on my 6th tube, the formulation feels nice and creamy and I love the slight glitter look it has which adds a lovely sheen , I think this is a colour which is very neutral pink/nude and would suit most skin tones, I would rate this lipstick 10/10 I would not be without it.
The packaging is nothing special but it's what lies within that matters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is a really lovely color, very close to my natural lip color. It goes on really smoothly but the glitter is really overwhelming. This also dries out my lips within just a few minutes and so I have to reapply a lot. I won't buy this one again but will use up what I have left as the color is so nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. The formula doesn't last very long but I'm ok with that. It is very buildable too. It's a very pretty plumish pink color and it's also very shimmery. It's not too bright or shocking though which is very good. It's great if you want a natural look with a little bit of a pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

does not stay on very long and that is a real pain and it is very expensive for such a sheer color that does not stay on for longer than 15 mins

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This is a lovely natural looking lipstick. It is quite close to the natural colour of my lips so it just adds a bit of shine and definition on me. It glides on really nicely, however it glides off just as well. I actually bought a No7 lipstick that is identical to it and is about half the price...guess where I'll go next time I am looking for a natural looking glossy lipstick!

Update: I hate the glitter in this. It ends up all over my face, looks tacky and dries out my lips. I think I will finish this lippie soon and not repurchse. (Has to be reapplied frequently because it just slips off!) Have removed one more lippie!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Saavedra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This color looks lovely on a range of skintones! I'll take off a point because it doesn't really have staying power, but the color is great, it glides on smooth, and it doesn't dry out (a problem I have with pretty much every dept store lipstick I've used). The glitter is a little off-putting for me because I have bigger lips (glitter/shine just makes them look bigger, eek!), but for this color, I just don't care. Love it!