August 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Powder - Wet 'n' Wild - 100% Natural pressed powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I LOVE THIS POWDER. Bought this in store for $2.50 I couldnt' believe it! I wear the color buff and it is amazing on me! doesn't cake up, doesn't smudge, blends easily and just so natural looking! plus the ingredients are incredible and great for my skin as well! A WIN WIN. It's definitely an underdog drugstore powder and I highly recommend it if you can find it at your drugstore. I think it's being discontinued and/or transitioning out soon! So stock up while you can! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by seastar808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this in "golden" as an emergency buy on the way to a meeting when I didn't have my compact and in the Hawaii humidity I absolutely needed a powder touch up. I've only used it for about a week but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality. It's a great setting powder but also is slightly buildable with a kabuki, I forgot my regular mineral foundation the other day and used this since I had it in the car, and while the coverage is pretty sheer it did fine in a pinch. I love that more mainstream (and in this case, cheap!) brands like wet n wild are adding more natural options to their product lines. Even though the sponge that comes with it sucks and the packaging is a little strange, I give 'em props for at least attempting to use recycled materials. For the price would definitely re-purchase this as a back up or keep in the car kind of powder. Oh and I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and this hasn't irritated or exacerbated break outs at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have ultra-sensitive skin and I am usually unhappy with face powders. This natural powder worked for me.
PROS -
~ No breakouts at all.
~ Does not dry out the skin. The Physicians Formula mineral wear powder was super-drying for my skin and also caused some breakouts.
~ Does not cake up or crease.
~ Goes on smoothly. I use my fingers to apply it, after putting a moisturizing base on the face.
~ Decent price for the quantity. I have my eye on the Gabriel brand pressed powder available at Whole Foods, but it is too expensive and I'd rather wait for a sale.
~ Availability! Availability! Availability!
With Physicians Formula acting up on their 'Organic Wear' powder availability (it is not in stores and while some drugstores do carry the organic wear powder, it is available in only one shade), WnW is a good alternative. I found it at the local drugstores.
~ Oh, and the WnW brand natural powder does not have that skunk-like smell that PF's organic wear powder has!!

CONS -
~ The cheap sponge that comes with the compact is useless.
~ Yes, the 'warm beige' shade may look a bit orange after a few hours. It does not happen all the time, so I suspect there is some weather/hormone(?) dependency.
I should have chosen the 'Golden' or 'beige' shade for my skin color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Jendrea

This is my favorite powder of all time - for now. It's not too cakey and it actually has a tone that's not too dark for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by stinal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is good, but it doens't last all day. After a few hours, my skin looks shiny, especially on my nose.
The scent is very strange, and the packaging is crappy. But it is very good for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely SHOCKED to see all the good reviews on here. I can't even begin to tell you how horrible it is. I have never had acne problems in my life, and after using this powder for maybe a week I had the WORST breakout ever. It was no doubt caused by this stuff and I stopped using it immediately. Stay away from this powder! It might be dirt cheap but it's absolutely awful for your skin, not even to mention the ugly cakey finish it leaves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This quality of this powder is outstanding! Yes I know, the sponge is crap and the packaging is crap...who cares? I could care less as long as the product is this good.

The thing is, I never would have bought this product if I had not read all the rave reviews on Makeup Alley. This product looks so, oh I don't know, I guess it looks so lowbrow and so Junior Highish that I always just passed it by in the store. Finding this product is like marrying the town nerd and then having him turn into George Clooney later on. Just goes to show you that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Have you seen pictures of George Clooney when he was in Junior High??? Yikes! Who would have ever known??? Anyway, back to this review.

I take the crappy sponge and smooth in on in the mid afternoon when my liquid makeup is breaking up on my oily face. I simply cannot believe how gorgeous this product makes my skin look.

Rite Aid has Wet n Wild 40% off this week and you also get $3.00 extra bucks back. I fully took advantage of this sale and bought every single one in the lightest color they make. Now I have one at home, one at work, one in my car and one in my purse.

Hopefully Wet n Wild won’t discontinue this awesome product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by briannaAMx0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is awesome especially for the price.. however the packaging sucks .. it's SO cheap! The sponge that comes in it is AWFUL!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I love it. It goes on light when you want it to, and can be used as a concealer with a concealer brush for heavier coverage. Dirt cheap and doesn't hurt my sensitive skin. We have a winner bob!

The only issue, is it doesn't seem like it controls my tzone oil very well. I prefer a matte look, and this gives me that, but doesn't keep it for long. I wouldn't buy it again. Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder is pretty much the same price and it's exactly what I need.

I think this would work great for someone with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hellabritt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It works super well. I have it in "natural." It is cheap and I feel like it stays on all day and is especially effective in teaming up with concealer to cover a zit.