November 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Bronzers - Christian Dior - Dior Bronze Original Tan Sun Minerals Technology

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this throughout this years summer months and I love it! It isn't too orange or fake looking and adds a beautiful colour to the skin without being too much. It blends great over foundation and has spf15! It is definately worth the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best bronzer I've ever used. It's a very high quality product. The price is pretty steep (about $50) but it's worth every penny. This bronzer is SO natural looking and goes on like a dream. I hate the fake and bake look and this bronzer is perfect. I bought this like 2 years ago and I use it all the time and it still has a long way to go. This has the perfect amount of shimmer in it. You cannot tell that there's shimmer, but it has verrrrryyy little..just enough to let the light reflect off of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I was standing in line @ Sephora, I noticed the CD display with all 5 colours of this bonzer opened. This one particular colour which looks like curry powder under the gawd-awful Sephora lighting caught my eye. After I did some web search I returned to get it. This colour is #002 Honey Tan, I am NC 35-40 with yellow-beige undertone. I don't want to look tan nor bronze, but when sometimes powder fdn appeared ashy or too beige-y, I just run a bit of this bronzer over, voila, fixed !!! A second coating in certain area to contour & make me look health in the "dead" of the morning. There is no shimmer, but a very fine fine mica like glow. Cad$ 47.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by HotMadonna

I love this bronzer! It is the perfect color for my fair skin and makes me look naturally tanned without any sun damage whatsoever. The compact is soo pretty and is really a nice accessory as well. I love this! It also controls shine on my face and doesn't break my out... Fabulous product, will purchase again and again despite the pricetag!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Amber Tan and have medium olive/yellowish skin that is very very dry. This bronzer is the best one I've ever tried. Even better than the Chanel ones in my opinion. It doesn't dry my skin out, doesn't oxidize after a few hours, and doesn't look orange or dirty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

Ohmagosh. This bronzer is excellent. I thought it was a little steep to pay $43 bucks for a bronzer but I'm pretty sure this stuff is going to last me forever and the quality of the product is superb. I got it in 002 (I'm around NC20-NC25) and it's the perfect bronzer to use for contouring. I love that it's not overly sparkly so it's really nice to use in the winter. The color is very buildable. The powder itself is finely milled and pressed well so that there isn't really loose powder that flies around when you use a brush to pick up product, which is why I think it'll last forever. As with other Dior products, the packaging is very luxurious and classy looking. Just a great product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Stephie2705

Beautiful bronzer which leaves me looking glowing and naturally tanned, not orange and dirty! The packaging it comes with is really nice too, and doesn't feel dry and cakey on the skin. Leaves a natural finish and looks great over my Mac Studio Sculpt for work, or Clinique Almost Makeup on my days off! Brilliant product, 27 in the UK which is extremely expensive, but I can imagine lasting a while. Will be a bday and xmas list product I think!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice bronzer, it gives a warm light tan, very natural! I also have the older version which is more intense in color so this one is a good choice for someone who wants something light and luminous! I have it in 003.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a bronzer addict, especially Guerlain Terracotta addict, but every now and then I love to try out new bronzers from other high-end brands, just to see if I am missing out on a great product. When I was recently at The Bay (dept. store in Canada) I decided to play with Dior, given I recently made some great purchases from this brand. Their brand new line of bronzers (Original Tan Healthy Glow) was out and I tested. Aside from being a bit confused what the full name of this bronzer line is (so I listed everything it says on the packaging :-)), I was very impressed and happy with the results I saw. You will not find this product on the Dior website, they still only list their matte and essential bronzers, but they have these on the Sephora and Nordstrom sites in case you want to check out their official marketing description of the product.
This product comes in 4 colours. According to the descriptions I found on internet, the lightest shade is "Healthy Tan 01" (soft peachy tan), followed by "Honey Tan 02" (golden tan), "Amber Tan 03" (soft golden bronze) and a really warm and toasty peachy bronze called "Spicy Tan 04". I have a light complexion with yellow undertones and I immediately disqualified 01 and 04 and tested 02 and 03. Although I could've probably pulled of both, at this point in time (pale winter colour) I went with 02. I think 03 might be my choice for the summer.
The bronzer is not matte, but it is not to shimmery either. Actually, the shimmer is very fine and barely noticeable, but depending on your personal preference (shimmer vs. matte) this may or may not be a product for you. I definitely suggest testing this first, but again, I didn't find this shimmery at all, maybe just enough to make you glowy. The packaging is nice, feels luxurious - it's Dior's brown plastic square case with a mirror, embossed "Dior" in silver letters and CD initials showing through. It is simple yet elegant. Please note, this product does not come with any brushes, which in my case is not a big deal as I never use those brushes products come with anyhow. So, for carrying this in your purse and fixing during the day, you will need to carry your own brush as well.
BTW, of all the brushes I've used over the years for bronzers, I have the best experience with either a Terracotta Guerlain bronzer brush or the new Dior Powder foundation brush (the one that is not tapered at the top, but looks almost "triangular" when you look from the side). Dior brush is probably best of all for both the application and preserving your product (in my experience does not pulverize the bronzers as some brushes tend to) yet it is soft and blends any bronzer perfectly. Brush aside, this bronzer is good in quality, very finely milled and produces a very natural-looking tan. Not sure about the "Sun Minerals" claim, do not be confused that this is a pure minerals bronzer as I don't think it is (not that it matters to me but it may be misleading to some). If that's an important aspect to you, check before you buy. I could not find any information oabout the ingredients on the internet and I threw away the box pretty much right away :-)
The only downside is the steep price point (about $50 CAD), but then, all high-end bronzers are in the similar price range.
Recommended!