April 19, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lips - Chanel - Rouge Allure Laque Ming 76

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most perfect pink lippy ever! I just wish it lasted longer than 1 hour! For the big price tag you would expect it to last longer but overall it is really worth trying if you have the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by MACupDork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is SOO cute. Has that signature rose smell that all Chanel lipstick have. Its versatile. You can wear it any day time or place. Its like a warm baby pink.It's long lasting.You don't even need to re apply. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

For me, Ming is definitely a warmer pink -- it almost has a peachy undertone. It is also fairly bright when applied normally, but I sheer it out so that it leaves just a hint of pink. It's a wonderful everyday color -- and I love the texture! It's glossy and smooth, yet it wears really well. I love the Rouge Allure Laque line in general -- the packaging is gorgeous (the only drawback being that it is difficult to tell when it's running low). All in all: highly recommend!

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by chichi82582

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am normally not a lip gloss kind of gal, however, the fact that this more like a liquid lipstick really won me over. The Rouge Allure Laque line is really fabulous–the colors are complex, pigmented, and flattering; and the formula is smooth, applies evenly, and is relatively long-wearing. Ming (# 76) is a gorgeous shade of pink-mauve with very, very subtle shimmer (which is not noticeable on the lips–it just looks glossy when on) that is truly a YLBB shade on my med-to-high pigmented lips (I am extremely fair, with cool undertones, and shades often pull deeper, and sometimes fuchsia, on me due to the natural color of my lips). The RA Laques are moisturizing, and have really fantastic staying power when layered over a liner or lippie. They also wear quite well on their own, and leave a subtle stain behind, which lengthens the overall wear time. I will definitely be repuchasing this, as the shade is unique and flattering on me (I couldn’t find an exact dupe in Chanel’s regular lippies) and the formula is quite lovely and comfortable to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jubez

I did a review on Phoenix earlier and had to return it because it was just too drying on my lips. I gave the Laques another shot and purchased this color which is very safe and easy-to-wear. It is a beautiful muted light pink which runs cool one me , and it does have shimmer but it's barely noticeable on the lips. Although it may not be the most unique color it is extremely flattering on my NC35 skin tone. It is opaque and pigmented. It sets and dries into a satiny finish with a hint of glossiness, definitely not sticky. I must say though this color takes forever to 'set' on the lips. It remains slippery for a while. It has the typical floral Chanel scent which I actually really like. The packaging is very luxe and although it seems like a small tube you actually get 6mL or 0.2fl oz of product inside which is substantial. With the amount I use, this will last me forever. So on to the dryness factor of this color. Strangely enough this color did not dry out my lips as much as Phoenix. I did not feel any tightness or tugging on my lips which was a delight. Maybe the light shades are less drying because they contain less dense pigment? In any case, this is a gorgeous color but I just wished these came in the transparent tubes like the testers. I like to see how much I have left. This is $39CAN.

*EDIT 17/08/10* I did an experiment to see how well this would hold up. I drank copious amounts of water, ate some cubed fruit, had 1/4 of a sandwich. It is now at the 4 hour mark and is still visible on my lips, which to me is pretty impressive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel Products! They smell amazing and works lovely. I always prefer light pinkish color but I love this color a lot. This is a warm pink and I love it. It's really smooth and conditions your lips! They're not sticky at all but gives a nice glossy finish. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Ming is a soft nude pink with very very subtle shimmer; the perfect partner for a smokey eye. It's a very nice color, though the least long-lasting, and in my opinion, the least unique or special of the Rouge Allure Laque collection. It's the most like a gloss, whereas the others are more like liquid lipstick. As such, it has the least staying power of all the Laques. Regardless though, it is a good buy, even though it has a relatively hefty pricetag ($32). You get a good amount though (6ml/.2oz), which is more than a MAC Lipglass and double that of a MAC lipstick. If you are interested in the Laques as a whole, I'd recommend getting the others before this one, as those are truly special products. My single gripe with the Laques is that the tubes, while chic looking, are black, and not clear so you can't see how much product you have left. Regardless, I now have all of the Laques and I really hope Chanel releases more shades in the future, as they are my favorite lip product ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by gypsylee333

I got this lippie cuz i had a gift card for $25 for saks, and $25 wont get you a lot there, it actually wasnt even enough for this so i had to fork over a few extra dollars too. I prolly wouldnt buy it again at retail since i think $30 is a little ridiculous for a lipgloss, but it was a fun splurge. Anyways, they say this is supposed to be long lasting and i dunno about that, i only got maybe a little bit longer wear than normal, but i have kinda an oral fixation and smoke and drink a lot so maybe it works better for others. It does however look very pretty, kinda a mlbb shade. Id describe it as a light neutral pink, very subtle shimmer with a glossy finish. It goes on opaque, not sticky and looks classy and natural while adding some oomph. It is pretty small tho for the price tag, even tho its chanel I feel like you should at least get a little more product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by direoui

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the color is what i had hoped from YSL's Natural Pink #24 - it matches my natural coloring with a little more oomph. i think it wears longer than most glosses, especially when layered over lip-liner (i'm using Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Nude 05). if only the packaging were as lovely as YSL's. le sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Chipsterella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was desperately looking for Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle, but after the fourth shop I'd gone to told me it was sold out, I gave up and decided to go for Rouge Allure Laque instead.

I couldn't decide between no. 77 and this shade and although no. 77 looked much more pigmented on the back of my hand, I went for no. 76 Ming because it suits my skin tone better. Not that it would have made any difference - the colour is barely visible, it is so little pigmented. It looks more like a colourless gloss. It also gives me that sticky lipgloss feeling and when I put it on I immediately get the urge to wipe the product off my lips again.

The packaging is cute - but when I shook the small tube hoping I would be able to distribute the few pigments inside a bit more evenly I dropped it by mistake and the bottom corner broke off, leaving the product inside exposed. I tried to fix it with duct tape, but to little avail. It seems I'll just have to throw it away. 29 Euro wasted...