September 15, 2014 | 1768 users online

Treatments - California Mango- Mango Mend Skin, Cuticle & Nail Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a convert! Used in very tiny amounts, and thoroughly massaged into my cuticles, fingers, and elbows, this is very nice. I am using it while I work (mostly on the computer) and at bedtime. The ingredients are all natural and it smells sweet. It will last a long time, so I think the price is fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The previous reviewer who noted that this is basically petroluem jelly with a lot of oil suspended in it is right on. It's not creamy or balm-like in the least. It also doesn't absorb very well, just kinda sits on the surface. On the upside, the oils in this leave your nails nice and shiny, whereas a cream or lotion usually dulls them somewhat, so if you're going out and about or taking photos of your hands after a mani you may prefer this. Also, the smell is great, just like a super juicy mango. But overall I'm not too impressed, then again I'm not much of a cuticle/hand oil kind of person anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

This stuff is so awesome. Usually when I use pure acetone to clean up after painting my nails the skin around them starts peeling the next day. I slathered Mango Mend on before bed and not only did I not have peeling skin, but my hands were so soft. The packaging isn't that great. For this type of product I prefer it to be in a tube. I fixed the packaging problem by putting it into a squeeze tube I got where you get travel size products. It makes it easier to get a dab for cuticles. I love the way it smells and the way it makes my hands feel. I will defenatly be buying this again. It has become a staple in my nail care routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JenLovesPolish

I'm so glad I got a trail size tube on clearance because this stuff is so greasy! It never absorbs completely. Hours later I can rub my hands or feet and feel a greasy coating. I put on the tiniest amount and spread it really thin - so much so that I'm tugging on my skin to leave the smallest amount possible. And still it feels greasy. It helps my skin look nice until I wash my hands but then my hands look as dry as ever. It just doesn't have any lasting effect. The smell is sort of strange as well. At first it smells sweet and fruity but after a while it gets an odd odor to it. From now on I'm only using it on my feet before I go out in sandals.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by asanisimasa148

First the good stuff: this balm smells very good. It is also very hydrating and easy to apply

The bad: it leaves your hand with an oily/slick finish yuck! I also hate the tub packaging... I have to dig it out and it always gets stuck under my finger nails...

Overall I would not buy this product again. There are much better alternatives (like California Mango Extreme and Lush Lemony Flutter).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well it appears that MY cutes don't like this product :-( When I first purchased it I gave it a trial run for a few days, then noticed that my the skin around my nails begain peeling badly so I put it away. I continued on with my usual cuticle treatment, but in an effort to use up my stash, I retrieved it last week for another trial run. Again, the skin around my nails thinned and began peeling. I am tempted to continue a few more days to see if this may just be an initial phase to induce healing, but I am disconcerted that my cutes were originally hang-nail free before using this, and now I have painful and unattractive hangnails. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was an exfoliator or AHA with all this peeling going on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for my hands, great for my feet. Just plain horrible for my cuticles. This is just petroleum jelly with a bunch of extra oils mixed in. And petroleum jelly works a whole lot better, as it actually moisturizes my cuticles, and I am not afraid to put it on my face if I know i need to look great the next day. Did I mention petroleum jelly is cheaper. This costs $7.50 at sally's for a small 5oz jar. A big tub of Vaseline can cost $2-3 bucks, and is not as greasy believe it or not. I will not be buying this again because I realized I can save more just staying with the tried and true.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Nothing moisturizes my dry cuticles better than this stuff. I've been using this for years and there really is nothing like it. The only con is that it takes a while to absorb and everything that you touch for a few minutes afterwards is left with a greasy residue, which is why I like to apply this at night right before I go to bed. I wake up with fresh soft hands that last all day. I will continue to repurchase this forever and ever or as long as they keep making it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by nicold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just not convinced. I've been using Mango mend for a while, at least once a day, and I'm still have trouble with dry, rough, cracked cuticles. It may temporarily make your cuticles look moisturized and pretty, but I am not sure of the long term effects/benefits of using it. Maybe I just have monster bad cuticles :( I am disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It makes your cuticles and nails so moisturized. It's non greasy. It's gotta nice smell like a tanning lotion. I keep it in my purse so I can use it when my cuticles start looking dry. It definitely makes your hands prettier.