April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Dry Shampoo - TiGi - Rockaholic Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Loved the smell. It lasted quite awhile. I have really greasy hair and 24 hours after a wash, it looks like I have poured oil on my head. This was great, but not for more than a day. But it is too expensive. I'd rather take the extra time to wash and dry my hair, that way I save money on this stuff and I won't feel gross by noon

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good dry shampoo, HOWEVER, the packaging is horrible. The first time I used it, I fell in love with it. It does a really good job of getting rid of oil without leaving a white cast (I have black hair), plus giving you a lovely smell and nice volume to your hair. The next time I was ready to use it, which was only about a week later, the bottle was emptied. It was sitting in my room the entire time, untouched. There is something wrong with the aerosol spray that could be making the product leak out. Not sure, but for the steep price paid and the fact that I only used it one time, its is a huge disappointment. I don't want to risk buying another defective so I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by harissamoegerl

first dry shampoo my salon received back in the day and its awful! if you have blonde hair your in luck... for brunettes not so much! Leaves a powder residue that you would have to brush in to hide. So many better ones on the market at this time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first dry shampoo so unfortunately I am unable to compare this to any other dry shampoos. I also use this once in a blue moon so it will be a while until I purchase a new dry shampoo. It gets the job done and it doesn't smell bad. You have to be careful about rubbing it in with your hair since it will show up white otherwise. If anything changes, I will update. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best dry shampoo I've used- it does what it's supposed to do + it smells lovely (lemon'ish scent).

Would definitely re-purchase!

**Update** just read other reviews on here regarding this product and quite a few mentions that there's only a few uses/per bottle = not making it worth the money. I guess there must have been some bad TIGI batches because I've personally not had this problem- this dry shampoo lasted forever and never seemed to dry out in the bottle etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for keeping curled hair puffy and soft for a couple days. Not good for getting the greasy look out of straight hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by innapark

A dry shampoo will NEVER give you the results of a wet shampoo. That's a given. What I expect is oil absorption, lift, decent smell and no silicones (my routine is Devacare, silicone and sulfate-free). I just want to get by one more day before having to really wash. After trying a couple drugstore brands that in retrospect had silicone (which requires washing out with stronger, drying shampoo), I hit Beauty Brands and found that very few dry shampoos lack silicone (any ingredient with a -cone at the end). This seemed to fit the bill; and I'd had success with the brand before. I also noticed that looking at the weight in oz. helped me figure out which was a better bang-for-the-buck. Two similarly sized bottles - one is cheaper - but it has significantly fewer ounces. You can even ballpark weigh them in your hands. So I've been using it for a few weeks, a couple times a week and see a big improvement over the drugstore ones. Good oil absorption - enough to be visibly presentable (if I run my fingers through my hair, not so much...but really, this stuff is for appearances). Good volume and a nice astringent lime-y smell that is not overwhelming or cloying. It also washes out well without residue with my gentle shampoo. There is a whitish cast in my jet black hair if I spray the nozzle too close to my head, but even if that happens, it brushes out easily. It dulls my usually shiny hair a bit, but that is to be expected (getting rid of oil will get rid of shine!) And I haven't had the problems others have mentioned about it running out too fast. According to Amazon reviews, this is sometimes a storage issue. The propellant will leak out if it's left on it's side - like in a gym bag or drawer; it needs to be upright. Also, I don't use it generously and am basically shaking the bottle continuously while applying. There's still plenty left. The only improvement I wish for is better oil absorption, but I'm going to increase how much I use now. Overall I'm happy and will commit to the end of this bottle (unlike the other half-used ones that got thrown out in the trash!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best dry shampoo that I have used. However, I'm not sure that says much. Most dry shampoos smell bad, leave white flakes or just make your hair look dull once you brush it through. So, there's not much decent competition to choose from.

The major problem I have with 99% of dry shampoos is that after lightly spraying and brushing it through, they somehow make your hair look dull and yet greasy at the same time. Thankfully, this doesn't do that and it's one of the reasons I think it's the best option despite my issues with the price and how many uses you get out of it.

My hair: I have a lot of fine, wavy hair that feels very thick when running your fingers through. It gets greasy quick but pouf and frizz is also a problem.I also dye it red. So basically...the less I shampoo/condition/heat style/use product, the better my hair looks. Unfortunately, the longest I can go without shampooing is 3 days, max. My hair just gets too greasy, even using this stuff doesn't help after the 3rd day.

The problems I have with this stuff are:
1-overpriced ($15 and up)
2-you get maybe 10 uses in a can, depending on how long/thick your hair is and how much you use. I've used mine about 5 times and I can tell it already feels halfway empty, and I only spray at the roots and brush it through. It's definitely not something that you can justify by saying "yeah, it's expensive, but it'll last awhile" like when you get a MAC eyeshadow.

That being said, the mist sprays finely and evenly, smells good, and if used properly, doesn't leave white stuff in your hair like a lot of drugstore products do. Not an HG product, but I feel like until I find anther option that doesn't leave white flakes or make my hair look dull after using it, I will repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I work at a supply store...so when my boss offered me to try this product for free I was excited! I love the cute packaging and I actually love the smell (which most people aren't fond of). However, it really doesn't work that great. Left too much white residue in my hair and my hair was greasy looking in about 4 hours. That's not the only problem either. Tons of people bring it back complaining that they only used it once and the can was empty. The sprayers on these bottles tend to malfunction and leave you with an empty can after one or a couple uses. Not worth the price if you ask me. You're much better off trying Redken Powder Refresh. It isn't in a pretty can...but it smells good and works like a champ!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Phira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product. I have seriously oily hair. I can wash my hair in the morning and it's oily by evening. I read the reviews before I bought this and still took a chance because everything I had tried just sucked. This is how I used this product.

I first sprayed my part quickly, then turned my head upside down and sprayed my roots quickly. I left it on my scalp for a minute then brushed it out. It was great! Smells wonderful and my hair was clean and had volume all day.

I had no issues with the can clogging nor did the can go empty after a few uses. I used this twice a week and the can lasted me about 4 months.

There is a learning process with this product, so if you decide to try it, be patient and don't go spray crazy. Sometimes just spraying your part and lifting up at the side and back letting it sit then brushing your hands through your hair does the trick.