July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Dry Shampoo - TiGi - Rockaholic Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ehm. No. Just no. Too white, doesn't take away the grease, very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by junkyardromance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im glad I bought this in a 3 oz. This did nothing for my hair. Nothing. I tried it twice and didn't get any residue, so that was nice, but again there was no oil absorption at all. I had to buy this at the grocery store because I was running late and this was the only dry shampoo they had, but I am kinda bummed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried a few dry shampoos over the years and I never really got the hype. My hair sucks. I have oily roots and dry ends. I have bleached and dyed my hair so many times that now I have really stupid hair. I hate having to wash my hair daily because I work 12 hour shifts and it sucks to have to get up an hour early to wash and style your hair. I need that extra hour of sleep. Also, my ends are so dry, I don't like to wash it everyday but if I don't wash it, I end up looking all greasy and that's just gross. I tried this Rockaholic dry shampoo about 4 months ago and I really like it. I love the clean smell, oranges! I also love that it doesn't leave a white film behind like other brands. I haven't had any trouble with the bottle emptying on me like some reviewers have. I buy mine from ulta and it runs around $22, I've seen it online for cheaper but I'm afraid to buy it online and it runs out after a few uses. I know the ones from Ulta are good. What I love about this dry shampoo is that it gives my hair volume as well. I tease my hair at the roots and this gives a nice boost to the hair the day after it's styled. I enjoy this product and I've repurchased twice. I get mine at Ulta because they always have a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's still expensive as crap but I only use it a couple times a week. One bottle usually will last me 2 months or more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Loved the smell. It lasted quite awhile. I have really greasy hair and 24 hours after a wash, it looks like I have poured oil on my head. This was great, but not for more than a day. But it is too expensive. I'd rather take the extra time to wash and dry my hair, that way I save money on this stuff and I won't feel gross by noon

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good dry shampoo, HOWEVER, the packaging is horrible. The first time I used it, I fell in love with it. It does a really good job of getting rid of oil without leaving a white cast (I have black hair), plus giving you a lovely smell and nice volume to your hair. The next time I was ready to use it, which was only about a week later, the bottle was emptied. It was sitting in my room the entire time, untouched. There is something wrong with the aerosol spray that could be making the product leak out. Not sure, but for the steep price paid and the fact that I only used it one time, its is a huge disappointment. I don't want to risk buying another defective so I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by harissamoegerl

first dry shampoo my salon received back in the day and its awful! if you have blonde hair your in luck... for brunettes not so much! Leaves a powder residue that you would have to brush in to hide. So many better ones on the market at this time!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first dry shampoo so unfortunately I am unable to compare this to any other dry shampoos. I also use this once in a blue moon so it will be a while until I purchase a new dry shampoo. It gets the job done and it doesn't smell bad. You have to be careful about rubbing it in with your hair since it will show up white otherwise. If anything changes, I will update. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best dry shampoo I've used- it does what it's supposed to do + it smells lovely (lemon'ish scent).

Would definitely re-purchase!

**Update** just read other reviews on here regarding this product and quite a few mentions that there's only a few uses/per bottle = not making it worth the money. I guess there must have been some bad TIGI batches because I've personally not had this problem- this dry shampoo lasted forever and never seemed to dry out in the bottle etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for keeping curled hair puffy and soft for a couple days. Not good for getting the greasy look out of straight hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by innapark

A dry shampoo will NEVER give you the results of a wet shampoo. That's a given. What I expect is oil absorption, lift, decent smell and no silicones (my routine is Devacare, silicone and sulfate-free). I just want to get by one more day before having to really wash. After trying a couple drugstore brands that in retrospect had silicone (which requires washing out with stronger, drying shampoo), I hit Beauty Brands and found that very few dry shampoos lack silicone (any ingredient with a -cone at the end). This seemed to fit the bill; and I'd had success with the brand before. I also noticed that looking at the weight in oz. helped me figure out which was a better bang-for-the-buck. Two similarly sized bottles - one is cheaper - but it has significantly fewer ounces. You can even ballpark weigh them in your hands. So I've been using it for a few weeks, a couple times a week and see a big improvement over the drugstore ones. Good oil absorption - enough to be visibly presentable (if I run my fingers through my hair, not so much...but really, this stuff is for appearances). Good volume and a nice astringent lime-y smell that is not overwhelming or cloying. It also washes out well without residue with my gentle shampoo. There is a whitish cast in my jet black hair if I spray the nozzle too close to my head, but even if that happens, it brushes out easily. It dulls my usually shiny hair a bit, but that is to be expected (getting rid of oil will get rid of shine!) And I haven't had the problems others have mentioned about it running out too fast. According to Amazon reviews, this is sometimes a storage issue. The propellant will leak out if it's left on it's side - like in a gym bag or drawer; it needs to be upright. Also, I don't use it generously and am basically shaking the bottle continuously while applying. There's still plenty left. The only improvement I wish for is better oil absorption, but I'm going to increase how much I use now. Overall I'm happy and will commit to the end of this bottle (unlike the other half-used ones that got thrown out in the trash!)