November 23, 2014 | 2056 users online

Hair - Aussie - Volume shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As of today, this is the best shampoo I ever tried. Clarifies, smells great, abundant lather, perfect consistency, and packaging is ideal--either a giant pump or travel size that doesn't leak. It feels like a deep cleanser and goes well with any conditioner. I use Suave Naturals and a leave-in. LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Brittanybruh

it's okay after the day I wash my hair, my hair gets very dry. it's not that impressive I wouldn't buy again, I'm sticking to herbel

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This doesn't add volume at all but it made my hair very soft. Although after about a month's use I noticed a lot of build up near the crown of my head. I think I'll try the moisturizing line next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the huge bottle with the pump so naturally it's a great value for money; it's not so great for traveling though (just a small con). This is very moisturizing but doesn't give much volume (honestly what shampoo does?) and I feel as though it doesn't clean as well as I'd like. I have a very oily scalp & even after two shampoos in the shower my hair still doesn't have that "Clarifying Shampoo" type of clean that I want. But I guess in the long run it means it's not hurting your hair with harsh chemicals & isn't stripping your hair of the natural oils. I'd say if you want to save money & don't need anything special this is great but otherwise just average. Since I only wash my hair twice a week I will be looking into another shampoo to switch up what I use on the second time I wash (Sunday and Thursday nights).

UPDATE 10/4/14: for some reason this started really drying out my hair & making my already stick straight, fine hair SUPER PIN straight. A light conditioner afterwards just won't due. I've determined that after using this my hair is so stripped of any product build up that it needs my Head and Shoulder's 2 Minute Moisturizer in the white tub with the blue cap to give it's life back. I only use this as a clarifying shampoo and for the price and huge bottle with the pump it's good as a weekly deep cleanse. Since most clarifying shampoos come in really small bottles that don't last long when used on really long hair this is a very good pro.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very average shampoo. Seems to clean fine without weighing down my fine straight hair. Yet no volume observed. If you want just a basic shampoo, go for it. If you expect some volume, I would not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by gracie223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

overall, i did like this product. let me just say.. it smells AMAZING! but, my hair does not keep scent very long so that was a downside. for some reason, i ran out of the conditioner faster than the shampoo and it seemed runny, but it didn't bother me because it spread throughout my hair well. i did not notice a bunch of extra volume added to my hair after using it but i started leaving my hair natural soon after i started using this product and it helped not make my hair look flat. i would recommend this product to girls with wavy hair, and dry hair like me because it does not strip the scalp of natural oils when using it daily as i do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! It's by far the best drugstore shampoo I've tried.. I have fine thin hair and this doesn't weight it down at all. It gives nice volume too. I bought this on a whim at cvs because it was only $3 on sale. I've used all the other brands..Pantene, Suave, Herbal Essenes and none of them gave me volume. This shampoo is a bargain and actually cleanses fantastic and leaves my hair w/lots of volume & shine. I'm excited to pick this up in a larger size w/a pump. Awesome product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decent clarifying shampoo, especially for the price. It removes oil and build up from hair without leaving it feeling stripped or distressed, while leaving my hair shiny and smeling nice. But as a volumzing product, this shampoo (along with its matching conditioner) actually made my hair look flatter than with any other shampoo I can remember trying. I have fine hair that I air-dry, so I'm used to having flat hair and wasn't expecting this to perform any miracles. Shampoo and conditioner can only do so much right? But every time I used this, my hair just looked deflated at the root. Like even worse than when I've put off washing it for several days and it's got a lot of oil from my scalp weighing it down. And I can't tell why because it doesn't feel heavy. I don't even put the conditioner anywhere near my roots (I don't apply it any higher than about eye level) so I have to assume that it's something that the shampoo is doing.

I'll be passing this along to someone else because this just isn't working out for me at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Karalynn888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just began using this shampoo a few nights ago with the nothing conditioner and so far I'm pretty happy with it. My hair usually doesn't keep the scents from hair products and this actually keeps my hair smelling good!

I am a little obsessive when it comes to taking care of my hair therefore if I didn't think this would do much I would not purchase it but randomly trying it I was pretty impressed and will definitely keep it on my shower shelves for future uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rachael122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used other Aussie shampoos before and decided to give this one a try. I really like Aussie products because you can buy them in big bottles so they last a long time. It smells good but didn't really add any volume to my hair and I didn't notice any real difference at all. The next day, though, I had broken out in little white bumps all over my forehead! Needless to say, I will not be buying this again.