October 26, 2014 | 832 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear 100% Mineral Facebrightener

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!!! Got it for 4 dollars at a ROSS store, perfect over a tinted moisturizer or bb creme. Gentle on sensitive and acne prone skin. Gives a nice, natural, finish. Great for oily skin. Nice compact for easy mid day touch ups. Really effective coverage and illuminizer. Never cakey or annoying, looks smooth. I'd reccomend it for anyone. I will use this powder forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Choochay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am fair in the winter, but I tan out quickly in the summer: I use the medium glow for summer. This is a product much like MAC naturalize skin finish, but NO TALC. It is buildable in terms of coverage. Delivers a matte/shimmer fresh look. I throw it over my BB cream when I want a more finished look. I wouldn't recommend using the sponge compact applicator. I use a kabuki brush. This is a product I'm sticking with.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by CaramelPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing Ross, and I came across this for about 4 bucks and decided to give it a go. Boy oh boy, am I glad I did not buy this for full price because it was just a disappointment. It feels nice, but has no pigmentation what so ever. No matter how much product I put on my face, I can't see a difference. It's a shame because Physicians Formula is really good stuff, but this is a miss, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

why did Ph discontinued this? it was the first powder compact/highlighter/booster that worked great.
why do companies discontinue products that people buy and like and introduce other junk

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by thumper33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a horrible product. No matter what brush I use, the product barely comes up. The little product that does come up does nothing for my face. I cannot see a change whatsoever. It is really expensive for what it is, and the packaging is bulky. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Zellers was clearing out a few selected Physician Formula products and I picked this up for $3.00. I really like the actual product, but hate the bulky packaging and the brush provided. The powder itself is finely milled and silky. I like that it leaves a beautiful soft sheen and glow that is wearable even during the day or outside without looking glittery or overbearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MrsAJGraveS

I like this powder a lot, I was looking for something to highlight or brighten my face, and this dose just that. Mine is in Medium Glow, although I am pretty fair I like this shade because there is almost NO pigmentation in these powders at all so i don't think that it would ever be to dark on anyone. It makes my face look bright and refreshed with a slight glossiness. It's also worth mentioning that I am oily in the summer and dry in the winter and this works for me year round. I am playing with this now as a setting powder and we will see how it does. Oh and one more thing, the packaging is I think kind of cheap looking, but it holds up well, and it does come with a brush that i don't like but have used when i've been in a pinch and it does apply OK, when I'm home i use and dense kabuki that works best with this very hard pressed powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yesterday I bought PF face brightener/highlighter powder which has talc in it & in no way brightens the complexion but mattifies it.

Today I bought PF Mineral Wear face brightener (this product here) in Translucent Glow which is talc-free & indeed has sheen to the beige powder with color flecks of white & lavender througout. Application was very very sheer but did give my face a gentle glow from the sheen.

This compact will last me virtually forever (I'll be surprised if it doesn't) so I'd hate to say I'll buy it again but I would recommend it if you're looking for a sheeny glow. Better to apply it with your own face/makeup brush rather than the dinky fan brush included - the natural bristles of this brush are coarse & offensive to skin, if you ask me (though not that bad if you MUST use it in a pinch).

I like the new oval packaging PF updated its look from the boring old round dual-deck compacts & while it's still bulky it seems sleeker somehow, probably because the outer edges are more tapered than in tthe past.

All in all, nice enough. Worth $14? Not in my opinion. But I like to try lots of new products. This item had an automatic $3 coupon attached to it so I really paid $11 for it. Worth that? Meh. I'm not amazed or anything, but it does do the intended job. Fair enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. It's my HG finishing powder. It's light, it brightens my complexion and it gives me that perfect glow without shimmer or sparkles. I was using Hard Candy Moon Glow and I do love that product, tho this one is much more subtle. It adds warmth and radiance to my face. That sounds so cheesy, but it really does. The only complaint I have and I see others are having it as well, the powder is difficult to get on the brush. You really need a good sturdy brush for the perfect application. I heard they are discontinuing this so I might go and buy a few more back ups. I Love Love Love this powder. I love Physicians Formula.