July 28, 2014 | 2188 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - unconditional love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my all time most love fragrances is Falling in Love by Philosophy. To me, Unconditional Love smells a lot like Falling in Love. I don't like strong or overpowering scents and this has a nice fruity berry scent with an almost lemon cupcake undertone to it. It smells clean and sweet. I really love this perfume. The biggest difference between Falling in Love and Unconditional Love is that Falling in Love is more sweet smelling while Unconditional Love has stronger berry notes in it. As with almost all Philosophy perfumes, you have to layer it if you want it to last. I bought this in a TSV set on qvc.com and it came with the 4oz EDP fragrance, a 16oz body crème, and a 32oz olive oil body scrub. Once I use all three together, the scent is beautiful and it will last on me for a long time. Even after I can't smell it anymore, other people tell me I smell good. I work in a hospital and I can never go wrong wearing my Philosophy perfumes because they're not heady or musky at all. I bought this online without smelling it first and I'm so glad I did. The set was too good to pass up. If you can get it off of qvc in a set, it's about half the price you would pay if you bought the items individually and you really need to layer this to get the longevity of the scent. This is my new favorite Philosophy perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by butterfly8508

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this fragrance since Jan 2009, I get compliments just about everyday that I smell so good from both men and women. It lasts forever on me, I've put it on at 7am and went to Costco at 8pm and the girl behind the register said "omg...you smell so good". I spray it all over and especially make sure to spray it in my hair, it's not overwhelming at all because I've asked many people if it is. I went to Sephora yesterday to buy some and they were out, the gal said that she was pretty sure it was getting discontinued so they wouldn't be getting anymore in :( sad day for me.
I love the little saying on the box, a few times I have it taped on my bathroom mirror and on my desk at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unconditional Love is a pretty, fun, sweet smelling fragrance that sort of smells like cotton candy... but not a cheapy smelling cotton candy... if that makes sense? I believe I payed around $45 for the perfume at Ulta. Worth the price. Love the packaging as it is small, square & easy to carry in your purse. I wish the scent lasted a little longer... but overall great perfume!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jamieeimaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first impression of this one is straight-up cotton candy. I was using this for a while, until I stumbled across something that I felt was a little more "grown up". The bottle I have says "spray fragrance". So that may have something to do with the staying power (lack of it).

I had the lotion and body wash at one point too. I thought it would help with the staying power. But when using everything at once, I felt it was just overkill of this cotton candy scent. If anything, I will use just a little of the spray fragrance and let it fade throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very similar to Falling in Love, Philosophy's other heavier fragrance. If you already own Falling in Love or even Trish McEvoy #9, you really don't need this one. It's in the same family. This is nothing like Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, or Baby Grace. This is a berry and vanilla, sweet confection. Longevity is quite good for a "spray fragrance" whatever that means. When I first purchased this a year ago, I rarely wore it. I think it is best suited for fall and winter wear because it is a little on the heavier, musky side. Reminds me a little bit of Britney Spears Fantasy. If fruity and sweet scents are what you prefer, this one will be right up your alley.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the perfume, not the lotion. My husband bought me a small bottle of this for around $15. I love sweet scents and this smells just like cotton candy to me. I think you could wear this year round. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very sad to say that I didn't end up liking this fragrance at all. I bought it unsniffed because it sounded right up my alley, I love sweet fragrances, candy, fruity, bakery... Throw it at me, I don't care how sickly some might find them. But when I received this and sprayed it on my wrists, I got a little bit of cotton candy...and a lot of a weird sour note. and not sour like sour patch kids. Sour like...oh gosh, I hate to say this, but animal urine. I rarely have issues with fragrances not "agreeing" with my chemistry. But this was just so bad on me! Luckily, it has zero lasting power and faded quickly. I'm glad I got this quite cheap, as I never use it and will not repurchase :/

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

This smells nice, like sweet vanilla and raspberries, its perfect for cold nights or winter, though i discovered this in summer so,.. yeah. i dont like to smell too sweet, being male, so i like to mix this with pacifica's blood orange roll on, and my cologne. I usually get compliments from both males and females.The price is expensive, considering the longevity of this perfume sucks. You literally have to dig your nose into wherever you sprayed this, be it clothes or skin, to smell it. I bought the tiny size from sephora for about 15 dollars. For the cost of this perfume, it should at least last a few hours, but i consider myself lucky if i even get 2. I will use this up, but won't repurchase. a dupe was rec'd to me, called Pittsburg Street Soapworks Absolute Devotion, i havent tried it yet but i will when i run out of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Milee07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This smells like candy! Super sweet and just good enough to eat. I absolutely am in love with this scent! I am definitely someone who likes foody/fruity/sweet scents so this is just perfection. It smells of berries an vanilla and overall candy-like.
I'm so heartbroken to say that this amazing scent doesn't LAST. And this is a huge huge problem for me because obviously if you spend money on perfume you want it to stay on you.
I'd say this is definitely expensive for how poor the staying power is; most of my bathandbodyworks body mists are stronger. They sell a 1.7 oz at sephora for 40 dollars and that is insane for a body splash quality perfume. However I stumbled across this at my Marshall's and it was on sale for 15 dollars; otherwise I would never have picked this up.
The packaging is your classic and pretty philosophy style. And over all I was very disappointed and I rarely use this perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

(this is for the fragrance not the body lotion). I think the scent itself is very lovely and appropriate for summer. it's difficult for me to find a nice perfume because i really don't like those really strong, offensive, musky scents. this one is perfect, light, summery, warm--a scent that i can't see anyone saying they dislike.
however, it's not very strong at all. maybe i just can't smell it on myself, but the only time I can smell it is if I put my face to it. I've used, like, almost half a bottle in a week. too bad, because I loved the scent and spent a good amount of money on it. I think the body lotion is much stronger as I tried it out at sephora, so maybe I'll buy that eventually, but it would be silly if i allowed myself to repurchase this fragrance ever again.