Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does need 2 layers to get rid of my more stubborn red spots, but this stuff lasts on my skin all day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this out for blemishes, and it was very similar to the foundation I found. Super thick and felt heavy on the skin. Also made the texture of my skin look different/cakey. The colour was a pretty good match however, I wore Light #18.

on 4/12/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Love this concealer as well! This concealer is a bit thinner than others that I've tried, but it covers very well! Creases very minimally (VERY minimally), but nothing that can't be easily fixed with a quick pat of the finger. I wish there were more shades though. I had to purchase 2 - in Light 16 & Medium 24 to get my perfect match. I mix a drop of each on the back of my hand, and it covers my dark under eye circles nicely. This concealer will definitely cover whatever you need it to! I have a couple of brown spots due to sun damage, and they are completely undetectable when using this over a corrector!!! It dries and sets like a dream, and it has awesome lasting power! This concealer is completely matte on me. IMO, this isn't drying on my skin, although I do tend to lean dry with oiliness only in my t-zone. Love the price of this-$25! I have found that this applies better when allowed to warm up some on the back of my hand first. I use my fluffly concealer brush to lightly blend and buff it into my skin with light circular motions. I set lightly with minimal powder. I have noticed that after I wash my hands, water just beads up on the back of my hand where I have mixed the concealer. I don't know if it suppose to be waterproof, but I do imagine that it would hold up very well if you live in a very humid climate. Overall, a really great concealer that's worth the price! Give it a go, and I would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I loved this in the shop, but I thought it was thicker than it is!

It's so strange, because in the shop the formula is thick and really covered well. But after I got it home, opened it up, and squirted some out I realized how oily and watery it is! OH no... I thought maybe I should just shake it up a lot, so I did that, but still it was very thin. I don't get it. maybe my tube was bad. I ended up taking it back, and went back to Bobbie Brown concealer.

Also with the Lock it foundation I found this stuff wasn't even needed! The foundation is already thick, shoot, it's thicker than this concealer. I really don't know how this would ever cover a tattoo. I didn't try to cover a tattoo, because I wanted to not use a bunch, so I could return mine. It might cover a tattoo well for all I know.

I love the cute packaging for this though, and it does conceal a bit, also it's very smooth and didn't highlight my crows feet, so it's not a terrible concealer, but I need another one for when I don't use the matching foundation. I guess it's a good match, but only for it's foundation! And I think it's more for spots, because it didn't help with my dark circles without the foundation. It would be great for spot treatment concealment, and then brushed with a bit of powder I bet. I hope this review makes sense.

on 3/30/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a let-down. Not full coverage at all. Very oily. Overpriced when considering the quality of the product.

on 2/22/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very picky about concealers. I started out using Lancome for years and switched over to Makeup Forever. I tried Amazing Cosmetics and hated it (too cakey). I also tried MAC with the same issues. I wanted to love Dermablend but it melts off. THIS concealer is the holy grail. I tried it at sephora and was like wow. Still I did not want to commit so I asked for a sample. I will be purchasing this from now on and it's not as expensive as the others. The guy at sephora said be careful it can be cakey but I have found it to be not so. This stuff covers and LASTS even the next day. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin lately thst it looks flawless. I think I'm gonna give the tattoo foundation a whirl next.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! This is my favorite concealer and I use it every morning for my dark circles. I have the worst dark circles and this one makes me look less crazy than usual

on 1/25/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Settles in lines within an hour of wear. Coverage is average.

on 12/24/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to like this. I tested it out in Sephora, and it matched my skin well and did a great job of covering my hyperpigmentation. I bought it on the spot. Mistake. I wore it for two days before it broke me the fuck out. I traded it in for store credit and went back to my LA Girl Pro Concealer.

on 11/20/2014 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This concealer is very watery and thin. I was hoping it would be a little bit thicker thus providing more coverage, but no. Every time I use some, a bunch of water comes out too, even though I've tried to mix it up by kneading the tube. The coverage is pretty light but slightly buildable. I don't reach for this very often and I wouldn't buy it again.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products