August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Obagi - Zo Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen and Primer SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by 80tallsfantasten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever, but I just had to write something about this magical stuff...

I have very oily skin and have tried everything under the sun (I tell no lie...) to be able to control the constant shine all over my face. I can put make up on in the morning, and after about two hours my face is a complete mess, and I have to blot with blotting paper. Throughout the day. It's THAT bad.

This primer/sunscreen however, is amazing! I haven't used one sheet of blotting paper yet, and I bought it a week ago. It's absolutely brilliant...
In the mornings I use Obagi ZO facial cleanser, scrub and pads, then put this stuff on and finish off with a pressed mineral foundation. And voila! My face stays on all day, till I wash it off at night. This is the best primer I have ever tried, and my face looks fresh, colour is corrected and skin is tightened, although hydrated. Yey!

This stuff is quite expensive though. But I only use 1,5 pumps so I think it'll last for a good while. The pump is hygenic and it controls how much of the product you use. Which is great, but not when it comes near the end. But I reckon I'll just smash the container and scrape out whatevers left, cause it's that good, and because of the price, I'm not gonna let anything go to waste!

Finally, I would just like to add that this should be perfect for people with dry skin too! Just use moisturiser under the primer.

So ladies (and/or gents), this stuff is worth every penny. Go for it, you will NOT regret it!

:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

oh my goodness. Putting this sunscreen on my face was the best decision i could have made.
I have very oily skin, and it is very acne-prone as well, mainly due to the oil that attracts bacteria, etc,etc.
Well, i was desperately in need for a sunscreen and my mom (who looks not a day older than 35 even though she is 50) happened to have this one on hand and gave it to me to try. And my first thought was wow it glides on smoothly, it feels like silk on the skin and dries to a VERY matte finish that will dry out dry skin terribly. However, it is perfect for my skin and the results lasts all day.
PLUS now that my skin is clear and has only a few light brown post-acne marks, its slight tint is enough to replace clogging foundations or even a tinted moisturizer. However, if you have bad skin, it is the perfect primer, just as long as you do not, by any means, have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by nsj123

This is my HG face product.I can’t begin to talk about my hunt for the perfect sunscreen for my very oily and slightly uneven skin.
I’ll start out with the look and texture of the product. It is a tinted/pigmented product and after reading about it I found it contains natural melanin. I find that it looks natural on anyone and blends in seamlessly into any skin tone without looking grey or ashy. I have used BB creams, tinted moisturizers with spf and even oil controlling primers with sunscreen to protect my extremely sensitive skin. This not only evens out my skin tone and brightens it instantly but also keeps my skin slightly matte. On top of that I get SPF 30 protection.
I will use this forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by DJM204

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this sunscreen. Finally, something that doesn't make my face oily. It goes on so smoothly. I use one pump to cover my entire face. Like everyone else, the only things I don't like are the price and the pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by tinampk

I had read a lot of good comments about this product, so I have to say I was more than disappointed when I got to try this product...
I actually used this product for quite a while, even though I didn't like it from the start, because I hoped it would be as good as I first thought; a primer with a spf 30! That would really be more than great, since most of the good products don't have spf, or the spf is to low.
First of all, I have a fair skintone, so the colour in this product was way to dark for me and my face looked dirty. The consistency was not good, it was to thick and it was hard to get a thin layer all over my face. It also felt sticky and like my face was clogged and couldn't breathe.
My makeup looked terrible over this product! I use a powder and it got stuck to the cream so my skin looked uneven, cause the cream would not really dry or sink in to my skin. I also tried a foundation over, but that looked bad to, and I felt like I was wearing a mask.

I would definitely NOT recommend this product to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Tunijeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It performs nicely in wahsington dc humidity. I use a mineral powder in top, spray to set and am good for the day. Not a fan of the pump however. At that price, I want every drop

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by valngau

Living in a tropical climate with hot and humid weather this sunscreen/primer is simply great. It's my favorite sunscreen/primer product by far. I took off 1 lippy for the high price & pump container (wasteful because I can't get to more than 90-95% of the product).

First, it's dual purpose (sunscreen & primer) and great at both functions so you don't need to buy 2 products. My Smashbox primer with sunscreen feels greasy and sticky after a while so I decided to try this one out. It's slightly tinted and goes on oh so smoothly leaving a matte finish for hours which is a feat in this climate. It's also non-irritating and doesn't have an ashy finish.

I wish the price was a lot more affordable and change the packaging to a tube so I can use all the product. Otherwise I'm happy to buy this again. I'm already on my second tube anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a waste! $65 for 1 oz??? I'll admit I like that this is a tinted mineral sunscreen, but for the price it is not, I repeat NOT the HG - and you don't even get very much. It's not the product itself that's the problem -that's the reason it barely rates a 2 - it's the value for the money. I would use two pump fulls in the morning, which was barely enough to cover my face and three months later, it was all gone. We're talking a sunscreen! For $65 it should've lasted six months at least! And on top of that, the pump mechanism was faulty, which made it difficult to get the product out. I can't believe what a sucker I was. Anyone who buys this has serious disposable cash to burn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as much if not more than Shiseido Ultimate Protection Cream 55. Unlike SUP, ZO is an absolute pleasure to use. It has no scent and keeps my makeup fresh all day without blotting. You don't need a special oil to remove it. The tint is a big plus--if you have good skin this can serve as a very sheer tinted moisturizer. I'm NC 37 and it blends perfectly with my skin. I'm oily, so I don't want a sunscreen that moisturizes too much. Dr. Obagi doesn't believe in moisturizers, (he believes that with proper care, skin will hydrate itself) so none of his face products are particularly hydrating.

As for the pump--I haven't finished the bottle yet, but I take a hammer to pump products like this. Believe me, what goes in MUST come out, and I WANT my $65 worth of product . Usually, by gently tapping with a hammer you can disconnect the neck of the bottle. If there's any product left, you can transfer it to a small, container that you have cleaned with alcohol.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lifesaver. I was diagnosed with a sun allergy a few years ago, worse yet, I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, so alas my quest began to find a mineral sunscreen that could last all year round and not feel gross on my skin as I have to wear it every single day. This product is amazing. It's a fantastic primer and shields the sun. I'm glad I finally found it. I am almost through with my first bottle. My only complaint is the container. I can't help but think when it no longer pumps anything out, there is still plenty inside, but there is no way to get it.