April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - No Frizz Wave Shaping Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Spray for fine to medium hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product. My shoulder-length, slightly wavy hair has some residual highlights and is overall very healthy. My hair is rather fine but I have a lot of it thankfully. When I air dry my hair it comes out poofy and somewhat frizzy, and it takes a fair amount of coaxing with the large round brush to leave my hair bouncy and shiny. Flatironing is an occasional option as well, but I try to limit the stresses on my hair. I used the No Frizz Spray as directed and the result was not pretty. It left my hair dry, limp and crunchy. I tried this spray a total of three times, varying the amounts I used and the results were disappointing each time. Furthermore, I really dislike the smell of the product which I find pungent, sharp and chemical. I threw it out, what a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by sunshine78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product seemed to do the exact opposite of what it claims. My fine wavy hair was frizzy, limp and greasy after using this. Ugh. This was truly one of the worst hair products I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product worked well when used in conjunction with the wave shaping styling treatment (thick to coarse hair). Provides a flexible, light hold.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Adrianne29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff really sucks. My mom gave it to me after trying it thinking It my work for me because my hair is not as fine as hers. I used the Frizz shampoo and conditioner, then the spray. My hair came out poof-poodle-tastic! It says to spray liberally for long hair - more than 20 sprays of product. I used about 30 and really worked it in my boob-length hair. I let it air dry and yowza - I am having a terrible hair day! I have fine-medium 3a/3b hair. (tight and loose "S" shapes) My hair is color treated within 2 shades of my natural color and is the healthiest its been in years. I typically use Fekkai, ICON, and the L'Oreal sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. I usually style with Davines, Frizz ease and ICON products. The living proof Frizz product line makes my hair dry, poofy, and very "fine" feeling. My curls also turned out more kinky than "S" shaped. My hair today reminds me of Renaissance old timey times. I need a crown and a corset.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by HeCallsMeGorgeous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. Leaves my hair touchable, soft and frizz free. I didn't rate it a 5 because it's super expensive. Ignore other reviewers who obviously used it with other products that are bad. Shampoo, condition, spray this on and your hair will look great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by FlyingToaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

**UPDATE: I don't like this. It was really drying my hair out, the smell was making me sick, and my hair looked and felt very product-y. Also, its uber-expensive. I don't really care if I'm using 5 different things in my hair; that works so much better. It's not really taming frizz or defining my curls. Also, my hair HATES no sulfate, no 'cones. It became dryer, coarser, frizzier, knottier, and more unmanageable when I used a no sulfate shampoo (not the LP one) and cut out 'cones, so... just because it works for some doesn't mean its best for everyone.

I've been using this for about two weeks now, and these are my observations: When they say it has a cumulative effect, Living Proof is not wrong. I find that it started working better after a couple washings and stylings with this.
I started using this with one of John Frieda's curl enhancing mousse's (which also has no silicones, i checked) and the results have been very good. My hair looks a lot better, less product-y (actually, no-product-y but still frizz free, non poofy, curls defined, etc) and my routine after taking a shower is quicker. Sometimes I see a little frizz, but honestky, anyone with curly hair either has frizz or is using a ton of products and I'd rather have a little frizz and a no product (in the gross, overgelled way, not the hair is a poofball way) look.
I don't know if it actually repels dirt and oil, but it doesn't give your hair that "still looks ok but feels kinda greasy from the silicones" feel at the end of the day/ morning after.
The smell is not the best, but not the worst, either. All in all, this product works quite well, and seeing as now I only have three products in my 'routine' (leave-in, mousse, No frizz) I'm thinking it's actually going to save me money (my old routine had, at one point, five or six products --keep in mind these were all in my hair at the same time-- not the best look, my hair looked very product-y). Once my current shampoo and conditioner have run out I'm thinking I'll switch to their shampoo, conditioner, and leave in to totally eliminate silicones and also because I've heard those products help with fighting frizz.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by razorbladeshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair, but lots of it, and it's also prone to frizz. That's a difficult combination, when you consider that a lot of frizz fighting serums contain silicones, which are too heavy for fine hair. But, I can't go without any product in my hair because it will end up a frizzy mess. So, I was excited to try this product, even though it's gotten such mixed reviews.

It's been working great for me! I have short, chin length hair, so I use about 5-6 pumps in my wet hair, and then blow dry straight. It doesn't stay completely straight throughout the day, but it doesn't frizz either. Instead I end up with lovely, frizz free waves. So, I'm happy. But I can understand how someone would be disappointed with this if they want their hair stick straight. I know with my hair, that'll never happen; I have to flat iron my hair to be very straight. But this stuff keeps my hair looking great all the time. The only frizzy day I've had in the last couple months was when I skipped this product. Never again!

I would highly recommend this product to ladies with fine, frizz prone hair that is usually weighed down with silicone products. It is pricey, but a trial size is $14, so that makes it a little easier to swallow. If you're like me and have very difficult hair, you'll know that spending $24 on a bottle of reliable product is well worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by acidraver88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product sucks big time! I totally had high hopes for it (especially with a name like 'Living Proof'), you would think they were some breakthrough miracle product for frizz...but I was sorely disappointed. Not only did it not work, it made my hair crunchy, knotty and even frizzier then normal. Mind you I have naturally straight-ish loose waves in my hair but this thing practically gave me an aura of kink.

Horrible. I recommend playing around with the product first if you don't trust my review and have a sephora's around in your city.

I do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Junipernj

I had high hopes for this, but I have to say it did nothing for me. If anything, it made my frizz worse! I had received a sample of the one for straight hair, and it seemed like it might be good. So, I decided to try this one. Definitely not worth it! I just returned it today.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by honeydaisy

Not so impressed to tell the truth I was so hopeful. The MIT specialist talk had me convinced that it was the real deal... It is not!!
Made my hair dry, did not help with my frizz in any way!
Waste of time.