Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Gold Sizzle

Price: $

on 2/13/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this on clearance at Rite Aid for 86 cents! So, even if it was a terrible color it didn't matter because I got it for so cheap!

I do actually like the shadow a lot. I'll use it more as a highlighter. I agree with the other reviews that hardly any pigment comes off when you try to swatch but I like that it's a light warm shimmer. It's not a metallic by any means which I wouldn't wear anyways. I tend to shy away from really bright eyeshadows since I'm so fair but I will definitely wear this a lot!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This really is not Gold....It's yellow with glitter/shimmer in it, so if you're looking for something metallic don't even go near this.
The pigment with thi eyeshadow COULD be better and theres quite some fallout, but it wears pretty well. It's fine...not good or great, only Fine.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay if you want a simple glitz look to your eyes and not a lot of pigment. I only got it because I had a coupon, but it's a nice sheer to put over when you're running late for something. I wouldn't get it again only because I'm not a huge fan of its sparkly finish.

on 11/6/2011 12:52:00 AM

I usually like CG shadows. Have worked so well for me. This one sucks! Definitely no color, nothing.

on 9/4/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lately I've been experimenting with a lot of new cg shadows, and this is the the most disappointing one of the bunch. I could not get any pigment...the thing does not blend either. I get like little specks of light, tan gold, but it just looks horrid! I couldn't believe it because in the pan the shade looked so good. Thank goodness for return policies!

on 2/4/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I enjoyed this shadow, it was pretty pigmented and had a decent lasting power. It did not crease on me and I didn't notice any fading. I would certainly buy this again and I would recommend it to others. If you want a nice gold shadow I would encourage you to try it!

This is the worst eyeshadow that I have ever used, which is weird because I have other cover girl eye shadow that is wayyy more pigmented! This eyeshadow is literally un-swatchable. If I rub hard enough I can get a color on my finger. Then I try to swatch it, and it disappears into gold shimmer. Seriously. Don't buy it.

on 7/2/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was hoping this would be more like a yellow like it looks in the package, but it is indeed gold like the name says. I find it difficult to get as much color out of it as I'd like, but it's definitely good for a pop of color that's not over the top. I'm not sure if I would buy it again just because I was looking for something that was really bright and colorful, and this isn't it.

on 10/21/2009 8:43:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow! I like my eyeshadow to be bright so I guess I use a lot of it, and it is BRIGHT yellow. Maybe it's just because my skin's so pale? It's cheap, bright, and blends easily, once I run out I will definitely buy more.

on 7/15/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'll admit it - I'm a yellow eyeshadow fiend. I also haven't bought drugstore eyeshadow in years, but decided to take a chance with this shade. I love it!

It's got some shimmer to it, but not as much as some of my other high-end yellow shadows (i.e. Urban Decay's Eldorado, Shiseido). I figured that it wouldn't be super pigmented, and I was right - but it definitely is buildable. This one is going to be one of my new go-to's for the weekday. It's yellow, but fairly sheer, so it's a good daytime color. For me, it wears like a perfect neutral shadow with just a lil bit of color to make my blue eyes pop. And you can't beat the price!