November 28, 2014 | 1013 users online

Polishes - Orly - Bon Bon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my only Orly polish and i just love it. Its a sheer muted light purple, so girly and pretty. I love sheer polishes as they are more girly and soft, sometimes i'd apply one coat for just a hint of colour, applies well without being streaky. Definitely repurchase.

The brush I'm not a fan of as i love opi brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I was shocked by how sheer this is as I had only seen swatches with full coverage. However, I love the sheerness. One coat with a Base coat and nice shiny top coat makes my nails look really healthy and tidy, especially when they're short. Previously I'd use Essie Nude beach for a "no manicure" manicure, but this now my favourite by far.

For a more opaque look, 3-4 coats gives a lovely creamy lilac, only topped for me by Nubar's Twilight kiss as that's a little dirtier; this is a really pure, princess-y lilac.

This goes on very evenly as long as you use a base coat - Without one it is difficult to get it even if you want sheer. It also has a pretty good staying power... My nails will not keep polish on, so for me a great polish lasts a day and a half without a chip (seriously the strongest adhesive in the world would come off my nails in a couple of hours). This does the day and a half for me, but because it's so sheer I can get away with it even longer as you can't notice little chips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I love this color for spring/summer. It's a very sheer, pastel lilac with the slightest hint of gray to it. I have to apply about four coats to get it to be opaque on my nails. It also goes on smoothly, with no bubbling and minimal streaking (the finished result never looks streaky). I'm impressed with how long it wears--there's minimal chipping at the tips of my nails by the end of the week.
I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a nice lilac color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by SamiSass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a while I debated over wether or not I should get this color or wether or not it would look good on me but I love it! It's sheer but not streaky and nicely cremey. When i put on the first coat it gave me serious corpse hands and I was afraid it wouldn't build well but it built nicely. I only used two coats and I was very happy with the result- still somewhat sheer but a good amount of coverage. I would describe the color as muted lilac, it's just gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a slightly greyed-out lilac. Surprisingly, it doesn't make my hands look sallow as I feared it might. I am asian, pale, with yellow undertones. I like that this is a light lilac shade that isn't white-based (you know, opaque, pastel, streaky mess). I can wear this and it doesn't look like I have candy wrappings on my fingers. It looks natural... Or as natural as purple polish can be.

Applied nicely, no major chipping problems- just regular tip wear.

But I really have to mention that it's extremely translucent. One coat gave me clear polish with a hint of lilac if you squint. 2 coats shows colour. 3 coats shows a bit more colour. 4 coats shows yet a little more. At the end of 4 coats, the effect will still be that it is a translucent polish... like a wash of colour over your natural nails. The nail line & white tips are still visible. I personally like this at 3~4 coats.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful grayish-lavender color. I was hoping it would be more opaque, but the color shows after 3 or 4 coats. It's very easy to apply, with no streaking or bubbles. This is gonna be my go-to nail polish for the summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a sheer lilac color. The application is great, no streaks, very smooth. This is a great color for a lilac french manicure (2 coats) or alone (2-4 coats). The color is beautiful and great for spring.
Like with all Orly nail polish bottles, this one has a grip top which makes it a lot easier to open the bottle and hold in your hand.