Narciso Rodriguez essence

3.4

on 6/23/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Essence, like other fragrances for women by Narciso Rodriguez, is a fragrance centered on musk with tasteful floral accents; however, if you are in love with Narciso Rodriguez for Her and enjoy the come hither, animalic musk, then Essence could be a shock or a disappointment. The musk in Essence is the laundry detergent kind, accented with rose and a light dusting of aldehydes. In fact, this fragrance reminds me of White Linen by Estee Lauder, except it is more accessible to the younger crowd. I’m not interested in smelling like laundry detergent on steroids but, if I wanted my personal fragrance to say “CLEAN” (i.e., my skin as well as my clothing needs to smell like fresh laundry), then I would probably choose this one over the other offerings.

on 10/1/2012 2:21:00 AM

Get so many compliments on this. Lovely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It's clean, a bit powdery, a bit rosey, a bit musky, and has decent lasting power. I disagree with those who might say this is masculine; as a matter of fact, it's one of my most feminine scents. It also has a cool note of some sort without being aquatic or ozonic, which I really appreciate, as anything else cool seems to rely on those notes for that quality. This is one of my favorites, a go-to scent which can't go wrong. I love the bottle, too. It's very fitting for something so smooth and cool.

on 10/28/2011 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I collect all the variations of NR For Her and this is a welcome departure from the all-encompassing woody musk. True, it's a very "clean" scent that isn't particularly ambitious, but that's all I need sometimes. And a classy, good "clean" scent is hard to come by. This isn't your run-of-the-mill white linen/soapy scent. The white musk adds nuance and elevates it. Not crazy about the bottle though.

on 10/15/2011 10:05:00 PM

Most powdery, grandma-smelling pungent thing I've encountered in a while. EEK!!

on 8/2/2011 8:13:00 AM

I really liked the For Her, a friend used to say it smelled like a woman in love!, but after a few years found it too girly, so now I mix a bit of essence over her... a very nice layering

on 8/2/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know ... I wanted to like this because I like original Narciso Rodriquez ... I was hoping this would be the clean, cuddly, soft!, laundry-type musk I've been looking for. But alas as others have said it is a very strident, strong, astrigent soapy scent. The musk is not a big player. There isn't anything very soft about it. It is almost masculine. It's not really a "laundry" musk so much as strong, harsh triple milled white men's soap type of scent. Oh well.

on 7/26/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got a sample of this at sephora and was not impressed. It smells like a ton of other fragrances out there. Not bad but nothing special.

on 6/22/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

IN LOVE

its musky...vanilla-y....sexy...BUY IT

on 3/21/2011 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

clean, fresh and simple.
Notes: Musk, Iris Powder, Rose Petals, Benzoin Balm.

I originally purchased NR For Her - and while I liked it, I couldn't smell the musk on me at all. I switched to this one, and no, its obviously not the same scent at all - but I still really love it. I like the NR fragrances because they are all pretty clean and uncomplicated.

I adore this bottle. its so cool and sexy. (can a bottle be sexy?!? lol well, it is!) the fragrance lasts quite a while but it is very light.

I got some samples of the lotion and rally like it - I may buy it next. its pretty light but will help extend the fragrance. i've also noticed that Philosophy's Amazing Grace lotion goes really well with this one.

Popular Fragrances