December 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Instant Mocha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

Instant Mocha is a unique color that took some time to grow on me. When it did grow on me, some two years after I bought it, I could no longer locate it on Avon's website. Go figure.

Instant Mocha in the tube conveys a brick brown/red too deep for my liking. In reality, it is a berry-coral tone. Instant Mocha is a pinker take on Revlon's "Teak Rose" or a more coral take on Revlon's "Berry Rich". Instant Mocha is a medium-bright shade that can be worn at any time of the year, in contrast to Revlon's Teak Rose, which I find more Fall appropriate. Among Avon's current offerings, a similar color from this same line is "Rosewine" but Rosewine is not quite as deep and vivid so it's even more versatile for those with fair complexions. (A current Ultra Color lipstick Avon offers, which I don't own but appears most similar to "Instant Mocha" from the online swatches I've seen, is "Beyond Pink".)

On a more general note about this line, there have been changes since I bought "Instant Mocha". The former Avon Ultra Color Rich lipsticks, sold in the fat round tubes as this particular shade originally was, were not overly drying and offered decent staying power, similar to that of Revlon or L'Oreal. The current line of Avon Ultra Color lipsticks, sold in the square tubes, goes on sheerer and feels more moisturizing, similar to Rimmel's line of Moisture Renew Lipsticks. Unfortunately, the staying-power is worse for this change.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm half Filipino and half Italian, so my skin colour is olive/wheatish and this lipstick looks very bright on me. Not a great bright, though, and definitely not suitable for day-time use. I guess if I were aiming for a whimsical night out, I'd wear it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I love the formula of this lipstick. Not drying or heavy, but still gives you full coverage. It does leave a stain on my lips, of which I'm not fond, but it's not terrible. As far as the color is concerned, it's hard to describe. Some have described it as a warm pink, others as a pinky-red, or as a natural shade, and those are very accurate descriptions. This color is natural and bright, MLBB or deep. The name "Instant Mocha," is at odds with the shade. I expected this to be a pinky-brown, but I don't see any brown, yet it's still rather neutral. I gave it a 3 because the even though it's pretty and wearable, this is not the color I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Avon Instant Mocha is the color I have consistently used for 25 years as my go-to shade. It really brightens up my face and goes with my skintone very well. It is definitely MLBB for me. It is versatile for both a natural look or an evening look depending on how I do my eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a strange name for this color, as it is nowhere near being a mocha shade.

Instant Mocha is a warm pink, no shimmer, very natural looking with my coloring, brightens up my whole face. It's a very versatile color. I usually dab it on a finger tip and tap it onto my lips for a natural looking flush. Applied heavily from the tube can be a little much for me, too bright, but used lightly, it's a "my lips but MUCH MUCH better" sort of color.

When I am really in a hurry, I can dab this onto my lips and a little on the apples of my cheeks, put on a few swipes of mascara, and I look great, bright and cheerful. I've been using it for about 10 years, maybe more. Cheap too, esp. when on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by basakizmir

very nice pink colour and suitable for my very fair skin compeletely. No dryness i have, have a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Instant Mocha is the name of this lipstick but I don't see much mocha in it. I see a beautiful bright, clear red-pink color. Very up to date yet classic. Nice formula - goes on smooth and leaves a nice stain. Inexpensive.