December 22, 2014 | 1844 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Instant Heat 1/2 inch curling iron

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by merrittmollie

Okay so mine isn't 1/2in, it's 3/4in so it's the same but just a different size. I love this curling iron!! I have naturally pin straight hair and this gives me beautiful curls that last all day or night! I used this for winterball and homecoming last year and my curls lasted through a football game and each dance. I love how the little light blinks when it's heating up and how it stays red when it's fully heated up. There is a dial with numbers like "3,5,7,9,etc". That may deter people since there is no temp but I don't mind. Also, mine is old. I'm not sure how old but my mom bought this and used to or a few years and then have it to me for my first curling iron. It's still got a lot of life in it and I'm in love with it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by LauraWolfhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to curling irons. I bought this thinking I was getting a bargain but I think I'll be spending a lot more on getting my hair back to health! My hair is now very dry and I hated the results from this curling iron!

I'm slowly seeing improvement now that I have a more expensive curling iron (not too much though). The Karmin G3 clipless curling iron has proved to be MUCH better, safer and easier to use than this cheapo.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by neerajaj29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this curling iron to enhance my naturally wavy hair, just to give it that extra cork screw curl and bounce. My hair is very wavy medium length and dry. This curling iron made my hair much drier than it was already and after about an hour or so my hair was all frizzy and horrible. At the end of the day I had to wash my hair to get rid of the frizz, the knots and generally the mess this curling iron had made of my hair. I think I will just throw this and get a ceramic one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, let me first start by saying that I have always, ALWAYS, purchased expensive curling irons from Sally's, believing them to be of superior quality and having higher heat settings (I have super coarse thick hair that requires high heat setting in order to take a curl quickly). Never again will I spend over $20-$30 on a curling iron, when this Conair is available for $9.99!!! I like to use the 1/2 inch barrel size to touch up and refine my naturally curly hair, and I accidentally dropped my expensive one in a sink full of water (doh), so I needed a quick replacement! When I purchased this one, I was sure it wouldn't get hot enough for my super heat resistant hair...well I was wrong. It's actually BETTER than some of my other way more expensive curling irons, and that's not even using the "turbo heat" button, which adds even MORE heat. This baby gets hot in 30 seconds too! Doesn't damage my hair any more than the proff. tourmaline irons either. Excellent curling iron, and I can't believe it cost so little. Will stick with Conair from now on!