December 18, 2014 | 1531 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Organic Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i have the orange and lavender.
it's made up of organic oils!! it smells insanely nice. i don't have the driest of skin, so i just use it to make my hands softer and also use it as a moisturiser on the go for anywhere that needs it...i'd say it's more like a solid perfume than a moisturising balm. i think balm is probably the wrong word to describe it as it's very light and super absorbent - when i think of a balm i think of something extremely rich and moisturising which this is not!!
i use it on my neck and wrists to freshen them up when my perfume has faded and i'd say it would be 5/5 for a perfume but 3/5 for an all body balm...
solid perfumes tend to be quite pricey so this is a bargain!!
i can't stop smelling my orangey lavendery hands right now as i type this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I have this in the Baby Mild version. I like the tin: it's a small metal rectangle, and you slide the top back to expose the product. It closes securely, so I imagine it would be good for traveling. I was expecting this to be a thicker, waxier balm (similar to Carmex, though without the cooling sensation). I was surprised by how thin/light the balm is. It feels kind of moussey straight out of the tin, and it basically disintegrates into an oil as soon as it hits skin temperature.

No negative reactions to report and the ingredients are impeccable, but I didn't find it moisturizing enough for my purposes, and the texture kind of put me off. I used it as a lip balm in hopes it would heal my chronically dry, chapped lips, but it seemed to just sit on top like an oil and never really sink in. After an hour or so, it had completely vanished, and my lips felt no moister than before. I had the same issues using it on my hands, elbows, and feet (the only parts of my body generally prone to dryness).

Additionally, mine had a strange smell to it that I can't quite describe, but is vaguely reminiscent of bacon. Perhaps mine had just gone off or I got a bad batch? Either way, it's not what I was looking for and I won't repurchase. I do love the packaging, though, and will reuse the tin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in baby mild which is supposed to be unscented and positively lovee this for use as a cuticle balm. =] This is also really nice to dab a bit on those dry spots such as elbows, heels, etc. I don't see myself running out anytime soon because I just use a little here and there but it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Magic "All-One" Body Balm.
Accurate description; this stuff is amazing. I have the peppermint.

Ingredients: jojoba seed oil, beeswax, avocado oil, cannabis sativa oil, peppermint oil, and vitamin e.

It has a nice buttery texture, it melts onto your skin and then right into it without leaving any greasy feeling behind. The peppermint is very strong but not overpowering. Very soothing.

I think I've used this on my lips, any areas of dry skin, tattoo care, cuticles, the ends of my hair, as aromatherapy (dabbed a but under my nose)

A bit expensive, but that tin will last forever. I always carry this with me, you can use it for nearly anything when in a pinch. And I don't have to worry about any of the ingredients being bad for me...I could probably eat this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Citrus Orange, in a circular tin. First of all, the packaging is pretty awful-- it's very difficult to screw shut because the threads are hard to align. However, I just keep this product at home on my nightstand so I've stopped trying to screw it completely shut. Other than that minor problem, this is an excellent product. One of the first balms or lip products I've "hit pan" on in a long time. All the scents in this line are amazing and very natural.

The amount of beeswax in this product drastically decreases the slip factor. It is long-lasting and does not have an artificial texture... it's quite buttery. I use it on dry or chapped spots, as well as my lips.

Note: this product was purchased in Asia, and I believe that not only is the packaging different in the US, this scent is also unavailable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

I love Dr. B's Organic balm. I have it in peppermint and orange lavender. It says it can be used "for dry/chapped skin or tattoos," and I use it for both. It is basically made up of oils and beeswax, so it is a fantastic treat for super dry skin. I use it as a cuticle rub too. I have put in on my tattoos and it keeps the skin hydrated, but I don't think it really "brightens" them.

My absolute favorite thing about this though is the super cute tin it comes in. I used up one balm, and I'm trying to think of what I can do with the tin to reuse it. So cute and practical (I think I will store a needle, thread and buttons in there for sewing emergencies). I love that this balm is organic, but at $5 a pop, it's a little pricey...but you do get to reuse the tin!