October 31, 2014 | 924 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Dior Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Powder SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 21 May 2014:
I have begun wearing sunscreen all the time, which has reduced my hyperpigmentation and redness. My skin now needs quite little coverage now - mostly just evening out (I'd rather have some imperfections show through than cake on makeup). I like to use this now, but it's not an exeptional product: it has no oil controlling properties, really - my oils soak quite well right through this during the day, a.k.a. "not good for summer". I have dry/normal skin, but get a bit shiny throughout the day with this.

I would say that this is close to invisible in my skin, but I myself do see it a little, due to the titanium dioxide, which is slightly reflective, and, unfortunately, accentuate the look of oily.

This does nothing for setting my undereye concealer - it definitely doesn't stop it form creasing.

Strangely enough, this doesn't disappear on me during the day, which I really like.

I would recommend this only to those that already have good things and want to even their skin out a little - this only gives light coverage. If you use concealer on your problem areas and this over, it's fine too, but don't expect this to conceal anything, really, just soften the look.
END OF UPDATE

I don't have perfect skin, but I still like only light coverage for my face - if there's anyting major, I'll cover it up with concealer. I usually prefer powder foundation over liquid.
You might like to use it if you have close to perfect skin and want just a tiny bit of coverage, but it's not enough coverage for me. I really just want to cover up some minor darker areas and a tiny bit of pinkiness at the sides of my nose. I CAN do it with this powder - I just need a little bit more product, BUT I feel this isn't going to last me long if I use it like that. This powder also lies very close to the skin - it isn't powdery, as long as you don't have dry skin. I have a little dry skin, but a moisturizer fixes that easily. I don't usually wait before my moisturizer has sunk in fully - this looks better when I apply it over slightly damp skin.
This is till now the only mineral powder that I have tried that doesn't break out my sensitive skin - I really like that.
I'm on the darker side of an NC20 in MAC foundations and 020 is an OK colour. I look ghostly at first, but this oxidizes a little, and with a tiny bit of bronzer the colour is almost perfect.
It has a tendency to either look dry or a little bit caky on top of a liquid foundation, but nothing major if I only use a tiny bit. When I set my concealer with this, it creases - I have other powders that don't make my concealer crease. I like to use this when I'm having a minimal-makeup-day, but it isn't a product I'm likely to repurchase when I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Lynnessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I originally tried Bare Minerals because I wanted a healthy, mineral makeup. I took the Bare Minerals back because it didn't do anything in the way of coverage!! I got this DIOR makeup and I absolutely LOVE it! It covers perfectly...not too much and not too little. It has a nice glow to it too when you're out in the sun but it doesn't look shiny or anything. If you use the powder properly you can make it last even when you use a lot of it. I think it is easier to use more of the powder in the beginning when it's new because you don't realize how little you need. You can use this stuff by itself or on top of your liquid foundation and it does a perfect job every time. I'm such a huge fan of Dior and this makeup is why!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by andheartsnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I use this powder every day to set my makeup and I think it's absolutely brilliant. I'm shade 20, which is a little lighter than my foundation but since I apply the powder mainly on my t-zone and under-eye area, it does a good job of brightening my face.
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they don't get a lot of product for the price that you pay, but on the contrary, I have had this product for about 1 and a half years and I haven't finished it yet. Granted I don't use a lot of product to begin with, but still, its lasted a pretty long time compared to other products I use.
The only issue I had at first was the packaging-- its an absolute nightmare when you first get it, as there is so much powder that its bursting out of the top, and there's no way to control the amount that comes out. I actually dumped a good amount of it down the sink once by accident because so much powder remained in the upper part of the case. However, I've found that if you pour what you need into the lid, its easy to swirl a powder brush (MAC 150 or smaller) in the powder, and it picks up the product easily, making a lot less of a mess.
Note that the powder doesn't control oil throughout the day.
I might buy this product again simply because I've been using it for a while now and I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out, and it's a good color for my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sheer but provides coverage, and it applies evenly. It also feels like water on your skin and leaves a pleasant minty tingling feel. HOWEVER it's waaaayyy to pricey (46 dollars) for the amount you get, and it gets really messy because it's not easy to control the amount you pour out and you can't really pour back the excess powder either. I'm a NC30 in MAC and I use medium, and it looks kinda ashy on my face under some lighting. Anyway, will NOT repurchase. I'm sticking with MAC skinfinish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

great powder. i use it as a setting powder. the packaging is not good. its a bit bulky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful product, goes on very easily, blendable and gives good coverage to give a nice fresh glow look. It looks very natural on and in photos. I can have my foundation done in less than 30 seconds with a big kabuki brush using this product. My only gripe is the packaging and it loses a lippy for this. There is nothing to control the amount of product that comes out - they should design a system like the smashbox halo - tub and lid are so small that it's difficult to get the brush in to swirl it around properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by SR19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many brands of loose powder. My beautician recommended Christian Dior. This is now my HG. It creates a flawless look. And I never break out with it. Just sprinkle a little onto the cover (like it shows on the inside of the box lid), then use a good wide brush (I use the Dior blusher brush because it's sooooo soft!) and dust it all over. After about 10 minutes, it absorbs the moisture from your face and transforms into a nice luminous finish. By far the best mineral powder I have ever tried.

It is not cheap and the amount seems small for the price. But the point is that you're supposed to use only a little bit of it at a time. Of course you can build up the finish as much as you like, but go easy or you an get a caked face (as with any powder).

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by linmakescakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried another popular mineral powder (BE) and it gave me pimples all over my face within 3 days....so the Sephora rep gave me a nice sample of this, I tried it the next day and I was in the store that night buying the full size product...I wanted a good quality powder, to help with coverage and to mattify my look, setting my makeup. I really like the finish, but it's easy to over do it. I sprinkle a small amount and use my stippling brush and dust it all over...if I use more than a few sprinkles it looks like I powdered my face. I know it costs more than CC but I like this better than CC....I would like to try a nice eyeshadow palette from Dior next. I am new to Dior. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not make me look dry or settle into dry spots ...it tones down redness and I am not having any problems with this formulation at all...so happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always finish with a powder but want a natural finish. I use this powder over concealer (studio fix) and sometimes tinted moisturizer (laura mercier) and it's a very good finishing powder. Application works best for me with the big stippling brush from MAC. I put some powder in the lid and swirl the brush until complete absorption of product, then swirl on my face.
Compared to Jane Iredale's powder it's less cakey but also less "airbrush" effect because of the modest coverage. So if you're looking for a natural, low coverage powder that doesn't dry out (however no oil control either) or irritate, than this powder is a good buy. Okay it's a small box but who ever finished a big box of loose powder anyway? Will repurchase if nothing better shows up, because one of the best powders ever tried. I'll add this to my HG powders together with Jane Iredale's, Guerlain Méteorites and Shiseido's Luminizing powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is going back to the store without even opening it! The artist at the store talked me out of concealer to hide redness and into this powder. He put it all over and of course I looked fabulous and radiant in the bad lighting. I should have known to wait until I got out in the sun - because there, I looked like a pancake-face. This stuff is so heavy and cakey. I tissued most of it off to get a more natural look, but then it didn't give much coverage for the redness. But the end of the day, my skin was dry and icky - felt like a mask had dried on it. All the powder had settled comfortably into my pores and creases I didn't even know I had. Yuck.