October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips in Jessica

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw the Buxom lip gloss display at Sephora and quickly gravitated toward the color Jessica. I was hesitant to purchase at first because sometimes these glosses look pretty in the tube, but clear on the lips. I took a chance on it and I am very pleased. The color is opaque and on me, it is a cool, medium pink. Not too bright, not too light, and not muted. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

I would've given this 5 lippies, but I don't like the cool, tingling, almost numbing feeling of the gloss on my lips. Hopefully, I will get used to it, but it really bugs me for the first few minutes. I licked my lips, and it burned my tongue and throat. If they made it without the "plumping" agent, I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase or try a different color.

UPDATE: As much as I love this color, I will not be purchashing any more of these in the future. The "plumping" ingredients are too strong and uncomfortable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Another winner from BE Buxom Lips. This gloss is very iridescent. It reflects purple and copper on me. I love to layer this over dark lipstick to give it a moist shine. I wore it over black lipstick and it made it look like a deep dark purple. Not everyone's choice in lip color...but I am an old goth chick:)

Alone it is sheer but does give my lips color with a lot of shine.

This is a sticky gloss...so if you do not like to feel the gloss on your lips, you probably will not like it. I like the feel and the way it moisturizes my very dry lips.

This lasts 3 to 4 hours if even if I drink...eating does make it wear off more but it wears evenly.

This is a great color alone or over lip stick. It adds shine and moisture...what else can I ask for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this on sale for $10 at Sephora, I love this color, the gold pearls on top of the coral gloss remind me of MAC's check this out lipglass. Much more product here, lower price tag, and plumping effect. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice lip gloss overall, just not a good color for me. Jessica is a coral pink with copper and gold shimmer in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by shussai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! Just picked up 'jessica' yesterday from sephora. It's always a struggle to find just ONE gloss that you like, so I had to swatch a whole bunch on my hand and 'jessica' looked the MOST beautiful in my eyes.

I am indian, so i am more tan and didn't think this would look good on my darker skin, but it looks amazing! It looks very light in the bottle almost a pink that reflects to gold, but once you swatch it...it's just a beautiful pink!

It's very very moisturizing and tingled as long as I had it on and doesn't feel sticky at all. I put it on before watching a movie so i couldnt see if my lips plumped or not because I fell asleep during the movie and didn't wake up until now:)

I recommend this to every girl looking for a nice lipgloss! They are beautiful and great for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

Love this lipgloss! Leaves a soft peachy-pink tint and isn't sticky like most other glosses! I also find that the Buxom line lipglosses last longer than most of the other brands out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first Buxom gloss and I got the mini version of it in a face kit from Sephora. Oh man, this stuff is awesome. First, the smell is very minty and pleasant. I don't know how much plumping it does, but I don't find that there's a tingling sensation - it's really more of a cooling effect, your lips feel cooled for hours (ex: I put a Buxom on at 8:30 this morning and it's now 11:15 and my lips still feel cooled). Not as thick or sticky as BE 100% natural lipglosses and I find that the staying power is much better. This color in particular is awesome, it's a peachy color with an amazingly pretty pink sheen. Great for summer and goes with most anything. Will definitely repurchase when I finish my mini, which is nearly halfway gone. Based on this lipgloss I've purchased about 6 more Buxoms and love them all. Best gloss ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by KeneishaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip gloss and I have a LOT. It is such a beautiful color on. I picked it up while browsing at Sephora because it looked so weird and interesting with the pink, copper duochrome thing it has going on, but when I swatched it I couldn't believe how pretty it was. Perfect everyday color for me. I love the tingly mintyness. You also get a lot in the tube. There really are no negatives to this (besides the price!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this Buxom! I have many buxoms and this one is among my favourites. It is a pretty peachy pink colour that seems to make my skin glow when I wear it on my lips. Like other buxoms it has that wonderful fresh minty tingle as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by trapnest

I love the jessica l/g. I wasn't so sure about it in the store since it looked...yellow? lol peachy pink maybe but a weird color. I decided to get it anyway and i don't regret it. The color really compliments my already pigmented lips and isn't too loud on me. The buxom lip polishes are my favorite and i just love the cooling tingling on the lips feels. In terms of plumping...i guess i already have full lips so any lipgloss looks plump on me..^_^lll but i don't think it actually plumps lips. These lip polishes also moisturize my lips better then any lip balm i have ever used. My usually chapped lips are completely chapped free when i wear this overnight and during the day. Love it!!!