July 25, 2014 | 1897 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-IN-1 Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes my nails grow super long and strong, before I used this mine were weak and short. It does take a while to dry but its worth it for the results I get.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Babo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's difficult to find a reasonably priced product that is both a base and top coat and allows polish to be added, so I jumped at this.

I do a lot of knitting and have weak nails so I keep them fairly short. This product protected my nails for several days before the colour began to chip. Notice that I said colour...my nails didn't chip at all.

In future I will touch up the tips of my nails with the product on alternate days to protect the colour. I'm hoping that will work.

I don't know how this product would work if you are trying to grow long nails as that isn't why I'm using it. I prefer short, brightly coloured digits.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the biggest beauty mistakes this year. If I could, I would give this a negative 100 rating. First let my begin with explaining my nails. Short brittle and prone to peeling. I haven't found a strengthener/treatment that doesn't promote further peeling and damage to my nails. For two weeks, I went completely bare and only applied cuticle/nail cream 2x a day. My nails were looking great. No peeling, no breaking and they were growing nicely all at the same length! But, I was missing color so I wanted to start doing manicures again. Since just keeping my nails moisturized was the key for me, I found this product and thought this would be a real good base coat. Well, initally I thought the packaging was pretty. I liked the heavy square bottle and pink hued formula. That is wear the love stops. This stuff absolutely wrecked my nails! After using this as a base for one week, I broke 7 nails. They made my nails so weak and they would bend so easily. Oh and the peeling was very bad. To add salt to the wound, it was a horrible base for color. My nails chipped only after about a few hours of doing a manicure. Horrible product. Now, I'm bare...again trying to get them back into shape. I should have just went with the Revlon Color Stay base that everyone loves.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know itz both a base and top coat, but I only use it as a base coat. The brush makes application easy and after applying it I was surprised that it dries fairly quickly. I've never had my nails stained from using this base coat and I have noticed that my nails are stronger and grow a bit faster. It does get a little goopy once itz only about 1/3 left, but itz not bad and I end up throwing it away until there's barely any left. The price is a bit much but I find it worth it and itz the only base coat I will use now cuz I doubt that any other base coat will leave my nails looking so good before/after doing manicures :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I purchased this at the Dollarama (Canada) for $3. I heard its pretty expensive at drugstore so I bought a few. Overall I like it, it works well as a top coat and my polish actually stays on for a few days. A few days is actually huge for me cause no matter the top coat my polish always chips. Nails do feel stronger I can't say wether or not they feel moisturized but overall they seem ok. Some people commented that it takes to long to dry, I find if you apply shortly after applying your polish it does take awhile to dry. What I do with this stuff is ill apply my polish then wait a good long while sometimes even a day then I put this on. By doing this I actually find it dries almost immediately. I have no patience for waiting for my nails to dry lol
Oh and this product can cause air bubbles. So be careful with your application :) xo

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Ending up getting this as they did not have the one I was looking for (OPI nail strengthener, yes I should have definitely waited to order online) I picked this one specifically out of Sally Hansens nail strengtheners because it had natural ingredients. It does harden the nail "slightly" not a significant difference maybe 10%, and is good for a base coat, haven't noticed a moisturizing, doesn't make my nails worse. For the price (I paid $17) it was not worth it. I'd say it would be worth about 5 dollars... will not be repurchasing or recommending.

UPDATE: Ending up worse than what I originally wrote. FIRST it peels like almost instantly, and when it doesn't peel off if you put nail polish on it and shower (doesn't matter if it's the next day) the bottom of the polish will start to fold up.. kinda like the water will melt the polish, even one coat. Trust me I've tried everything to make this product work as I've paid an outrageous amount of money for such a horrible product. It really is awful DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ari496

I like to use this alone after I have cut/filed/buffed my nails. I totally heals dry cracked unhealthy nails. I helps my nails grow longer. It's very shiny and makes nails look shiny and healthy and pretty. I really love it. I've used it as a base coat/top coat but I don't like to. Base coats and top coats are completely different. it's like shampoo and conditioner in one. You don't get the full effect and the end result isn't as shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by babette1000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am always surprised when a product works. And I found that this one works for me. My nails have never looked better, shiny and healthy. My nail ridges are less noticeable. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by harris5998

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cost $10 which is more than I would pay for nail polish, but I'm so glad I did. I can see noticeable growth after only a few weeks and as a top coat it makes my polish last twice as long. HG nail product for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Really dislike this because it is so hard to dry! I might spread my manicure out over several hours to ensure that everything goes on perfectly. But even hours and hours after using this product, I get crease marks on my polish! Grrrrr.