April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Scrubs - Trader Joe's - Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dpchemd1

This is an awesome scrub to use before bed time. Its a great price ($5.99 at my TJs). Leaves my skin silky soft. I have no problem with redness or anything of that nature. Love it, I just wish I had tried it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love this scrub. It really relaxes me at night when I use it and I end up sleeping like a baby. I love that it's oily. Most of the scrubs I've tried have not don't anything for my dry wintery skin, but this one makes my skin glow like I just left the spa. The granulates are small so it should be fine for delicate skin types. I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HATED IT. There was really nothing I liked about this product and I. Couldn't wait to finish it--should have returned it, to be honest. It stung my skin like crazy! Wasn't crazy about the smell, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One day I was shopping and Trader Joe's and ran into a friend who was nursing a jar of this scrub in her hands, and nothing else. She lives fairly far away, and I thought to myself, this scrub must be very special if she came here just for it. Her skin is also always supremely soft, so I had to check out this scrub.

I have to say, I was quite surprised by how much oil it has. Thanks to the reviewers for the tip of stirring up the salt and oils. I tried to use more salt and little oils for exfoliation, and still can't get used to how oily it is. I do use body wash to remove extra oils afterwards, and that helps to get rid of the extremely slippery tub. I can see how this scrub is an amazing product that leaves the skin soft, and I applaud Trader Joe's for offering such high quality product for so cheap ($6). Yet...

No offense to anyone who finds this product amazing. I may sound a little harsh, but, to me, the rich oily joy that comes with this scrub is just not worth it. I exfoliate my skin with a mitten, put on some oil after the shower, and I feel very clean that way. With this scrub, I don't like the oil in the tub, and, most of all, feeling like I am leaving oil on my towel when I towel off (I like to not leave any residue on my towel). Salt is also fine and dissolves so quickly that I feel I need to use a lot of product and end up getting a lot of oil. Add washing the oil off and making sure the tub isn't too slippery, and the process takes quite some time. I have stopped using this scrub in the shower and only use it on my face at the sink occasionally. It is pleasant, but leaves my skin red, despite the oils. For me, the benefits of using this scrub do not outweigh the "work" involved cleaning up, and I am removing full 2 lippies for that. I see how this scrub is a great value for many people, however.

*** *** ***
10/28/13: I used the scrub on my face this past weekend morning, and stirred salt and oil really well before applying. Stirring makes a huge difference (I know, you're thinking - "meh, news flash"). It is still quite oily, but not nearly as much as when it's not stirred. I am adding the lippie back because the salt doesn't melt as quickly and I can feel the exfoliation effect much better. Actually, this scrub is quite good! I will use it in the shower this week the night before "laundry day" so I don't need to stress about the towel getting oily residue. I have a feeling this scrub will grow on me if I only let it...To be continued.

*** *** ***
11/2/13: I used the scrub in the shower yesterday, and was surprised by how much less oily it is, now that it's mixed well. The oils do keep the skin moisturized and protected from drying out because of salt, and the skin feels wonderful after shower. The tub did get a little slippery, and that would be gone after my husband showers after me. The salt in the scrub stung my face some, so that, sadly, kind of spoils the "spa treatment" feeling (I will leave it at 4 lippies for that reason). This is a great scrub for the body, however, and will probably last me another year, considering I only use it once a week! I checked out scrubs at tjmaxx and, although there was a large selection, the ingredients could not compare. I would repurchase this scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this scrub is okay. It smells great and feels good in the shower, but it is SUPREMELY oily! Like in the extreme. After rinsing, I was still covered in oil. Next time I'll have to use soap again after. Lots of product for only five dollars, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I bought this product because it caught my attention when I was at Trader Joe's. I'm so glad I purchased the Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub because it feels amazing when you apply it in the shower. It makes my skin clean but doesn't dry the skin afterwards. Instead, my skin feels so silky! The smell is refreshing and pleasant and you don't need to put on a large amount to get the effectiveness. It's really good for exfoliation on the legs and arms! I have keratosis pilaris (aka chicken skin) so it does relieve the condition (I don't have high expectations of the scrub helping my chicken skin disappear though). After rinsing off the scrub, it's really easy to put on lotion or body cream because my skin is so soft and smooth. I have really dry skin so this is always a benefit for me. You get a lot of product for its low price! Wonderful deal! I bought this scrub in November 2012 and I still haven't run out yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by minkalover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've recently discovered Trader Joe's and I'm loving their bath and body products! I picked up this tub of scrub the other day to combat dry winter skin and for the anti-stress effects of the lavender scent. I have to say I'm very pleased. This smells so good and calming...it lingers and lasts well into the next day. Skin softening properties are in peak performance, and it has a convenient flip top which I love, especially when your hands are coated in oily scrub. My only word of warning would be to thoroughly clean out your tub the day after using, because the oils in the scrub coat everything and you might slip and injure yourself. At $6 a jar, this product absolutely cannot be beat. No complaints here! Just chilling out and relaxing in a tub of lavender scented bliss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

This stuff is great. After I use it, my skin continues to be soft and smooth throughout the next day. The lavender scent is stress-relieving. This product is made with natural ingredients that you could eat. Finally, at $6 for a huge tub, it is a great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. It is a mix of sea salt and some precious essential oils and moisturizing oils. It is a good deal for $6.99.
I mix the scrub with a shower gel or sandalwood powder. That way it does not make the tub slippery and greasy. Apply it on damp skin and relax for 3-4 minutes. All the precious oils are absorbed by the skin and the scrub element helps extract the impurities, bumps and ingrowns off the skin. I am not sure if the skin is softened after using this product, but it sure feels and looks very clean. I do not use this every day, but about 3 times a week.
The scrub scent was very strong when I first used it, but it reduced significantly, in just three weeks. Which makes me believe that the lavender essential oil content is very low. Also the oils float at the top and the salt descends, but if you give it a good stir at the beginning, it stays mixed for several days.
The packaging is basic. Some of the oils leaked out and through the TJ paper bag, on the way home. But I do like the large hinge lid.
Since I am too lazy to make a home-mix of these oils and sea salt, the store product would have to do. Also it is not practical (for me) to buy bottles of the different types of oil and use only small portions to make a scrub.

Oh, I generally add a layer of another essential oil (a different one each time) to the scrub+shower gel mix and it is almost a spa quality bath :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite body scrub. I find that most scrubs have too much liquid and not enough scrubbiness. This one has the perfect balance. I love the scent. As a warning: if you are going to use this to exfoliate before shaving, do not shave right after you use the scrub. This product contains a lot of natural oils that will clog your razor (trust me, I found out the hard way). It's great for softening and moisturizing your skin, but you need to use a body wash to get rid of the excess oil before you shave. Since I discovered dry brushing I now only use this product on my hands, but I still love it because it's a great way to prevent my hands from getting dried out, and the scent is just amazing.