Clarins Joli Rouge - 723 Raspberry

4.6

on 4/28/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Finally a pink that isn't overpowering! I'm pretty pale so many pinks tend to be flashy on me, but this doesn't. The shade is a cool medium pink, which leans surprisingly a bit fuschia on me. The colour is opaque on the lips and I can get the colour to show with just one swipe. I love that I don't have to use lip liner, because the lipstick applies evenly and doesn't bleed.

The finish is really lovely, slightly glossy making lips appear fuller. The lipstick is moisturizing, which is a great bonus because lipsticks tend to dry my lips. The lasting power good be better, but this is always the downside of creamy textured lipsticks. The perfume scent is pretty strong, so be careful if you are prone to irritation.

Joli Rouge is my favourite Clarins lipstick formula and Raspberry is my favourite shade, so I would buy another in a heartbeat.

on 8/27/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very flattering pink. Non drying and good lasting power. Impressive!

on 1/6/2014 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Went to get my make up done and this is the color the SA used after telling her I like pink/plum colors. I have yellow undertones and at first glance this is not a color I would choose for myself. It looks shimmery pink so I thought it would be for the fairer ladies, this color looks fabulous on me! I have worn it almost every day since I purchased it a few weeks ago! It feels nice on my lips and last a good while as well.

That said, I took away one lippy because it's pricy! I may or may not repurchase depending on if I an find a similar shade that cost less. It it gorgeous though!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I ordered it online on an impulse buy... but very pleased I did! I find myself reaching this shade very often these days.
Well this shade, Raspberry, is a bright pink that w/ a hint of rose and plum. But still a lovely bright pink with a shiny finish.
I generally don't wear daily bright shades (I am pale) but then I got the lipstick and tried it on... ohhhh! I was mesmerized!
The texture is great - but this I already knew - it is super pigmented, soft, and so shiny! you don't need lipgloss on this one. Your lips are fuller and well moisturized for hours.
The shade is just great! It is really vibrant, but not flashy, not "neon" for the least, I'd say it's elegant and polished. Does not scream "look at me I wear lipstick" but still makes you put together and feminine. I am amazed, cannot avoid looking myself in the mirror today!
Better worn with a neutral eye; it so flatters my lips (I am yellow undertoned, I always thought cold shades would not suit me). Totally recommend!

on 6/12/2010 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of my FAVORITE lipsticks! Gives a real pretty pop of color. I like using this on days when I don't feel like doing a lot of makeup, because it alone makes me look great and made up. Would recommend to anybody and everybody.

on 9/25/2009 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Got this as a GWP so it's a very small tube. Anyway, it's a very pretty raspberry colour. Not too bright, not too dark. There is a bit of shimmer which looks lovely. Staying power is not great and the scent is subtle. I would repurchase because it is a unique shade of lipstick.

on 7/27/2009 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this lipstick to wear to a wedding this past weekend and loved it! I rarely wear bright colours on my lips, but I felt that I was able to pull this one off. The raspberry shade is bright, but its depth and shine seem to make it out of place with my fair skin. The staying power was mediocre, it didn't last hours but it also didn't come off with the first drink I took. The sparkles within the lipstick gave it a nice sparkle and stayed put and didn't end up all around my mouth or on my fiancé. The only issue I had with this lipstick was the price, for $27 CAN it seemed quite extravagant for me on my present just-finishing-school budget. Still I am happy I bought it and am sure I will wear it again.

Popular Lipsticks