August 21, 2014 | 1012 users online

Styling Products - Aqua Net Extra Super Hold Hairspray (aerosol can)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This stuff is great!! This & RAVE are my go-to hairsprays ESP when I am broke w/o a dime to my name. This hairspray does what it's supposed to go do well, doesn't smell gross/obnoxious, & washes out well esp if you use a clarifying shampoo (eg Suave Clarifying shamp/condish) once in awhile. Doesn't flake or build up, takes a bit of time to dry but the results are worth it. I wash my medium length hair & spray it in my wet hair to scrunch my natural curls & let it air dry for a very cute results!! Just as good as the high priced hairsprays like Big Sexy Hair or other brands for a fraction of the price... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Jess9

This is a GREAT product. I found it on a recent trip to the States. I use hair spray for hold and to prevent frizzies. My hair is fine, layered, and wavy. I don't dye my hair or straighten it. I do blow dry and tease on occasion, but most of the time I let my hair air dry naturally and style it afterwards.

You get a huge can for cheap price. Good value for money - I found it at Sally's for 1.99 and Target for 3.99. I've found it in Wal Mart, Target, Sally's and Walgreens. The smell is clean and fresh.
This product provides excellent hold and lasts all day, preventing frizz. It does have that 'hard' hair spray feeling but it goes away quickly after styling The hair spray gave me lots of volume and I don't need to use a ton - maybe 1 or 2 sprays.
I've used this product at least 1x a week since April when I first purchased it. I have 4 cans of it and I am about half way through my first can. I highly recommend this product to anyone who uses hairspray!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I LOVE this stuff. Let's start with the packaging. While it may not be the most attractive can in the world, it's HUGE. The amount you get for the price is flat out unbeatable. I've yet to encounter any problems with the nozzle either. It never seems to get jammed, and it sprays nice and wide, but still narrow enough to be able to target specific areas if necessary. I use the unscented kind, which smells godawful coming out of the can, but the scent fades within about 30 seconds. As for the product itself, it's one of the best hairsprays I've ever used. I have short hair. When I wear my hair smooth, I put an average amount on, then comb my hair into shape, which gives me pretty good hold with no stickiness or hardening whatsoever. When I wear my hair piecey, I spray a little less on after styling with pomade to lock in the style and make sure it doesn't go flat or start to lose definition. I also go to raves semi-frequently, and when I do I put a little extra so that I can dance my heart out without having to worry about my hair going insane. On top of that, it helps with straightening. If I have any stubborn strands, I just comb them down, spray some Aqua Net on the comb, wait for it to try and then comb through. The formula is somewhat watered down, so put on a little bit more than you would a normal hairspray for full effect, but don't go to overboard, because this stuff can get really hard if you put too much on. The other reviewers are right about it drying slowly, but that isn't even a totally bad thing, as it gives me time to give my tips a little extra definition before setting. My only complaint about this product is that it does stick to your hair. I'd advise using a clarifying shampoo once a week or so if you're gonna use this regularly. Overall, great product. It's a classic for a reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sofiaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom said she used this "in her day", and it holds really well. I tried it and I suppose it does. It gets quite HARD, but it works quite well. I like how when you spray it it let's out an even amout of mist. The bottle is definatley going to last a while, and it was pretty cheap. No flaking, skicky feeling, just hardness .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. This product has completely exceeded my expectations. I wish I had discovered it sooner. I randomly thought of Aqua Net one night, and never having used it, I decided to see what MUA users thought of it. I saw two reviews that both stated that it was great for keeping bangs in place. I was immediately intrigued. I have had blunt bangs for a long time. My hair is fine and thin so I do everything I can to keep them looking thick throughout the day without the dreaded "splitting and separating" that can happen as the day goes on. But I don't want "helmet bangs" either. Just natural, thick looking bangs. So I have tried so many hairsprays. From cheapies like Suave and Herbal Essences, to "professional brands" like Bumble and Bumble, Big Sexy Hair, Aveda, Aquage, Sebastian, Redken, Kenra, the list goes on and on and on. L'Oreal Elnett was working pretty well for me, but it was not perfect. Then I bought Aqua Net on a whim at Target for about $2.50. This product does everything I want it to do! It doesn't flake at all and has no scent. Best of all, it really keeps my bangs in place better than any other hairspray I have tried. I don't know why or how, but it does, and I'm sticking with it. For the reviews that state it is too wet, I wonder if they are not holding the can 10-12 inches away from the hair? That is how you are supposed to use hairspray. It is not wet at all when I use it. Yes, if I stick the nozzle right up to my hair and spray, it would be soaking wet. I just can't believe how well this hairspray works. It just goes to show that you just have to find the one product that works perfectly for you. And this hairspray is it for me. It took me forever to find it, but I am so glad I did. I hope others will give this a shot and not let it's cheap price or goofy 80's reputation deter them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- holds

Cons

- very wet
- drying time

Comments: It holds, but I cannot stand how wet this is. It doesn't set quickly enough.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

If you style your mane with the intention to jump, flip, twirl, run, headbang, or flail in any way, you need Aqua Net. As a dancer of 20 years, this has always been a staple. This particular Aqua Net has a minimal chemical scent, sprays very consistently, and sets quickly. If you spray it too close to the head, it may be too wet so be sure to hold it about 8 inches away from your hair. I especially love Aqua Net for keeping bangs in place; I hate when my bangs get a little oily and start to separate. A fine misting of Aqua Net and a round brush keeps bangs sleek and in place all day. As for crunchiness, I really do not care about how my hair feels to the touch when it is whipped up into a tight chignon. The spray does make the hair a bit stiff. Overall, this is a cheapie but goodie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Whattt! Such bad reviews this product has and I'm shocked :x!

I use to have side bangs but I changed up my hair by getting straight bangs. My biggest pet peeve is when my bangs split randomly and it looks so bad. To keep it from splitting I just spray a bit of this hairspray and I'm good to go for the rest of the day!

I've tried other hairsprays and they've left my hair SUPER crunchy and shiny looking....some even flaked so it looked like I had dandruff :x

This hairspray doesn't leave my hair cemented and there isn't a weird shine to it. All I needed was something to keep my bangs from splitting and this works perfectly. It's super cheap as well. I believe they come in packs of two at target for about $3-4!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this on my hair. I use it on stage to set my makeup, and it works really well for that- it burns less and goes on in a finer mist than the Ben Nye Final Seal, for a fraction of the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by iheartmusic

Made my hair wet, sticky and it takes ages to dry. Doesnt last more than an hour. What more can i say?