November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Baby Quasar

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by vfer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 59. I used the Baby Quasar Plus Red 5 days a week for more than 8 weeks.

Absolutely NO facial results. I also used it on my hands and arms. It made more freckles and age spot appear on my arms. Not a good thing.

Returned it to Neiman's.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mercurywen

I use the MD plus version and I have to say the result is impressive.

I have tried other light therapy, such as TANDA and the light head coming with Nuface, however, Quasar MD plus is the only one which works, or at least which made my skin dramatic different.

I don't have any wrinkle, but have some acne scar, and large pores. My whole face did feel a bit loose (that is the job for Nuface). After using this Quasar MD for about two weeks, every two or three days, I have noticed a big difference of my skin, I do feel the pores are much smaller, tone more even, texture smoother, and my skin gets the younger 'glow' back.

I do feel the MD might make a difference, as I have friend who started to use the baby Quasar at the same time as me, but haven't noticed any result yet. For my case, I didn't see any difference with other equips like Tanda or Nuface red light.

Another good part for Quasar MD is it doesn't heat up too much like Tanda or Nuface red light, and the plus version does provide stronger treatment, and the larger head does make the treatment session shorter.

Definitely recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this several years ago (red light only) and used it according to directions and saw no results. Zero difference. It is also very tedious as the head is small. I never had a photo facial prior to purchasing this so I have nothing to compare this to. Perhaps this lack of efficacy is due to my impaired immune system which may impede collagen production. ( I Tried needling on only one side of my face and there was no positive response, so this problem might be mine.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jgarvey12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am super picky about skincare stuff and this is the first review I have ever written because it's the first time I have actually seen a significant difference in my skin bc of a product. PS this is for the BIG red quasar ($800 omg!). To make sure it worked I only used it on half my face, for about three months. I started out every day for a week and then went to once or twice a week. At first I saw no difference, but after a few months I noticed that the side I hadn't been using the quasar on had more prominent marrionete, forehead and crows feet lines, while the other side was much smoother. I bought it at Nordstrom bc its a really big risk for something so expensive and I know if it breaks they will replace it, but this truly works and is (surprisingly) worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for a few years and used it quite religiously for months at a time, hoping to see a lasting result. Bottom line - not worth the money. I've got rosacea and have done a lot of research, and tried many types of creams, serums, and medical treatments like IPL. I have seen excellent, dramatic results on my own skin with doctor-administered IPL, but sadly I can't afford to shell out a few hundred bucks per treatment so thought I would invest in the BQ.

My impression of the reviews of the BQ (both here and other places online) is that the people who've seen dramatic results are those who've never done much skin care before, and would probably get the same kind of results they get with the BQ by using a decent skin-care regime using inexpensive products.

After almost daily use of the BQ, I never saw any lasting glowing, or tightening, or evened skin tone. No effect on my freckles at all (whereas IPL lightened them considerably in a single treatment).

Yes, the BQ will improve your circulation and has a slightly soothing effect. And it did seem to help heal acne and prevent breakouts-- but not any more than the aspirin masks or raw honey and yogurt masks I do. And you can get the same minimal improvement in skin tone by using a scrub or facial massage which takes 5 minutes versus the 30-40 required by the BQ.

Don't believe me? I've read several reviews from dermatologists saying LED therapy has minimal effect. Here's a quote from a dermatologist on RealSelf, comparing IPL with LED light devices:

"Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a broadband light device that delivers a spectrum of wavelengths that treat red spots (blood vessels), brown spots (sun spots) and sun-damaged skin. Results/effects are usually very obvious.

Gentlewaves is an example of an LED photomodulating device that emits a 590 nm wavelength yellow light at a low level. Some studies suggest that exposure to the LED light can hasten the reduction of redness for example, after treatment with the IPL. Some claim that the LED can treat sun-damaged skin and fine wrinkles.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I tend to believe that the LED does little, if anything for sun-damaged skin and fine wrinkles, based on a recent study that concluded there was no objective improvement in photoaging with use of the device. LED light may be beneficial for individuals with rosacea/sensitive skin, but I don't believe there is enough supporting data to make any recommendations in this regard.

Hope this helps. Brian K. Chen MD, San Diego Dermatologist"

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought both the red and the blue as a package deal on Amazon. At the time it felt eye-gougingly expensive but I'm mostly glad I did. I don't get around to using the red one that much because I bought both to combat acne....but I can happily give the Baby Blue Quasar an A-/B+ rating.

What's great about this product is that it's not painful or invasive, you can use it every night and it's a topical application.

This is a huge plus because when I bought the Quasar, I was at my wit's end and about to ask my derm for Accutane. To clarify, the Baby Blue Quasar didn't cure me of my cystic acne-there a few other things in my protocol that I would instead credit with that....

BUT

It *is* a very good supplemental treatment if you are dealing with hormonal acne, for the reasons listed above. If you have a big cystic zit and you hold the wand there for like 6 minutes or so, the zit will be much diminished the next day. If you do the same treatment the *next* night, that zit should be gone by morning. So it REALLY does speed up healing time and prevent long term scarring.

But don't expect it to do all the heavy lifting- you'll likely still need need a zit cream or an anti-acne face wash, etc.

I think there is an even better way to use this though: preventatively. I'm too lazy to do it....but if I was more disciplined, I'd use the wand on my acne prone areas a few nights a week, BEFORE I broke out! I'm sure if I did this, my skin would really clear up.

The cons of this are obvious: it's time consuming and bit awkward. Now I just listen to music when I do it.  But if you have really bad cystic acne, with a little patience and elbow grease, this will clear your skin quicker than products alone ever could!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by digby2005

I've been using my baby quasar red (anti-aging) for over a year now. .I use it every other day to every 3rd day. I am 41 and was looking for the miracle cure to fix wrinkles (forehead and the ( ) around my nose/mouth). And shrinking pores, improving skin tone and firming skin all sounded good too. I did buy mine directly from the company, which has a 60 day return policy vs. 30 days like most sellers...

Below is my amazon review I posted after using 1 month....I can say that after using consistently for over a year, I no longer have hyperpigmentation or that "red" look to my face most of the time. For skin tone and clairty alone I am pleased. I also have used botox for the 11 between my brows and it takes much less now...the creases when they come back aren't as severe

Easy to use...yes, it takes bit of time but totally relaxing to use it while watching TV. And I do get a nice "flush" in my skin so it does promise on a "youthful appearance" It lasts until I use it again but we'll see if once I wean down to the 1/week....No chaneg that I'm seeing on wrinkles.

It was drying my skin out. I probably over did it using it for a while every other day. And I did an exfoliating scrub and then used it so my skin get VERY dry and flakey. But I kind of thought that once the dead skin sloughed off my "new" skin should look "fresh". I do have a sun spot on my cheek that isn't really a big deal to me (I'm 40, so old enough to have one, but only one so I wasn't too stressed about it) When the flakey skin sloughed off, the sun spot seemed DARKER. NOT what I was looking for at all.

So at about 30 days aand no earth shattering results on what I wanted fixed, and something that hadn't been a problem now IS a problem, I figured I'd send it back. Turns out the darkening of the sun spot was actually the sun spot dried up. And a day later, when the dried up skin of the sun spot sloughed off...the sun spot is NOTICEABLY smaller and paler. Now, this wasn't what I bought the baby quasar for...but it is still kind of impressive.

I'm going to use it another few weeks before I make the final verdit....But I do think the more aging issues you have, the more dramatic your results are going to be.

UPDATE after 60 Days - Keeping the Baby Quasar. My skin looks fantastic. the sun spot has not returned. My skin color is evened out and has youthful "glow" to it. Still not sure about the shrinking pores, but wrinkles are reduced. My husband (who would have LOVED to say the $400 gadget isn't working) actually agrees it's working.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by richbella

I'm giving this product a high score; it has been effective on my face. I'm delighted with it, incredibly easy to use; I multi-task and do other things while treating. I use it in combination with some solid Skinceutical products I have ( I use a AHA/Ferulic/Phloretin combination) I swear my nasolabial folds are diminished and fine lines around the inner under-eye are diminishing. I get botox treatments on the outer crows. Although I don't treat with the BQ on my upper lip, I do treat around the skin near it and I swear I have a plumper lip. It does stimulate collagen supposedly and my upper lip is definitely prettier and noticeably different. I love the look! I'll do a clinical study and report back to you about the BQ effectiveness. So far it's worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by NordsdtromAddicted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not actually going to rate the BQ right now, but I DID want to say that I had the same problem with the cord as bleuday.

A couple of years ago, I purchased the BQ from Nordstrom. I used it frequently, and kept it in my dresser drawer on top of all my soft sweaters. I didn't need to wrap the cord around anything as I could have it mostly lengthwise this way. But even still, the device began to short circuit. I'd be waiting for a "beep" for the next location, and it would never come. It took me awhile to realize that it was shorting out.

I returned it to Nordstrom as they were sold out at the time, and I could not exchange. I purchased it again after about a year when it was a bit less during the Anniversary Sale (same time of year I'd purchased it before). I haven't had that problem again yet, but I haven't been using it as often as I was. I think I'm a bit apathetic over it since I had the one before stop working, and I'm 50-50 on keeping it at all.

Just wanted to let you all know. Too bad Palomar was so rude to bleuday. There is NO way they have "never" heard of such a problem. Ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by littleladybones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BABY BLUE QUASAR REVIEW-
I have level 4 SEVERE adult acne and i bought this product knowing that it is intended for mild to moderate acne and figured it couldnt hurt after trying everything from regular facials, chemical peels, and doctor Rx antibiotics and medications. At first i used this product every other night for the recomended 4 MINUTE sections and had very little result but after afew weeks of not using it i decided to use it a little longer to about 10 minutes a section every night ir when i see a blemish starting and im glad i did. Ive gone from level 4 to level 2 acne in a very short amount of time. If i see a new blemish all i do is concentrate and its less red and healing by the next morning! The trick is "i think" to really move it over in circles and concenctrate on your problem areas a little longer than normal. Im very happy with the product! Its working so well that i know i will be able to microderm all the acne scars off very soon! LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BABY BLUE QUASAR. I only gave this product a 4 because it is pretty tedious sitting around holding this to your face for what can feel like forever but to anyone out there struggling with acne just try to remember its WORTH THE TIME!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No